Beauty and the War [Dark/Epic Fantasy, Intrigue, GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

Beauty and the War [Dark/Epic Fantasy, Intrigue, GxB]

#1 Post by Dreamgazer »

With hair as dark as a raven's plumage
Skin that would shame the purest snow

In the prison designed for the lowest echelons of society, X is the unconquered king of the jungle. As a supernatural master of flames, he was untouchable...until the dark-haired beauty with snow white skin jumps down from the sky and kisses him.

Please help me, she begs him with doll-like eyes, framed by a shining mask of gold lace.

She claims to be a Phoenix. She says that she's from a land that's home to trolls, the Valkyrie, and more. "I'll convince you that Virgo Island exists," she says.

Why did she choose to ask him for help? Is she telling the truth? Will he believe her story?

Beauty and the War is the first official arc of the X Playing Pieces series. It's a female-fronted dark and epic fantasy that will cover 5 years in the course of 5 acts. During that time, you will see the cast's appearances change as they grow older and experience life. What else can happen throughout those years? Let's find out.

Come and listen to Ambrosia's story. Learn about the beautiful, yet terrifying world populated by creatures of legends, myths and fairytales. This is a tale of intrigue, war, and passion. Who can look upon the fairest of them all without desire (that which makes a cold man's blood run hot and turns a sane mind mad)? Yes, let's not forget.

It's been said that men have gone to war because of a woman.

Free Game. There will be a paid extended version with bonus goodies/features/animations/love interest(s), but rest assured, the free version will have the full story!
Incredible Multitude of Choices. Each one has a consequence and an impact further down the road. Every choice affects your Reputation (how people think of you) and how Ambrosia's personality will develop. You can set your Schedule in the beginning acts.
Inter-clan Politics and Intrigue. On Virgo Island, you'll find that each clan has their own customs and traditions. Not everyone likes each other, so watch who you befriend or antagonize. You could end up witnessing a murder - or being framed for it.
5 Love Interests + 2 Hidden Ones. You can enter a courtship/date more than one bachelor at the same time. You're also free to break up or get back together with that old flame in the future! That said, romance is by no means mandatory. Do you want to be independent? Go for it. However, that doesn't mean someone won't fall for you - perhaps, even to the point of resorting to blackmail or kidnap...
Rich Fantasy Lore. Intrigued? Just read on and immerse yourself in the intricate universe of X Playing Pieces.

Current Set-up
Act 1 - Virgo Island (Birth of the Black Queen)
This is Ambrosia's 1st year. You spend time familiarizing yourself with Virgo Island and its keys players. You can begin fostering relationships, building friendships, finding romance, or making enemies. You decide your schedule. This will determine how Ambrosia spends her days in future acts, where you won't be able to change your schedule.

Act 2 - The Vi
This is Ambrosia's 2nd year. Your relationships from Act 1 carry into Act 2. What conflicts you encounter and choices you have change depending on who you know and what others think of you. The political aspect also comes into play here. This is the time to take sides, make plans, and possibly take some action. If you have a lover, you can continue romancing each other.

Act 3 - Consequences/The Calm Before the Storm
The 2nd year continues and overlaps into the 3rd year. Whatever you chose to do in Act 2 will have consequences that will unravel here. You might be given a breather in the form of something fun. :)

Act 4 - ???
The Midsummer Feast is here. The culmination of all your choices reach a peak. What climax are you heading towards?

Act 5 - Conclusion
It all ends on the last day of the Midsummer Feast. You've made your bed. Now, lie in it. Happy endings are hard earned, but they are possible.

Note: These aren't the official names of these acts. These are just to give you an idea of what's in store. Like Act 4. It's so explanatory.
THE PROTAGONIST
Known as: Ambrosia
Clan: Phoenix
Mythological Origins: A phoenix is a creature known for being reborn in fire.
Flowers languish behind steel bars. With her wrists shackled, it's not a question of whether she can survive but, rather, how long. Ambrosia needs X's help, but can she convince him to lend a hand?

When she delves into her past (Act 1), it reveals a sweetheart and a gentle ingénue. On Virgo Island, she was a healer, one rarely seen without a smile or a thoughtful encouragement. How much of that has stayed with her now?

Known as: X
X is the one roped into hearing Ambrosia's tale. He can't decide whether he wants to kiss those pretty, pink lips or shake some sense into her. Cocky and fun, you can be sure he always has an amusing comment to make.

A fire constantly burns within his eyes...except for when he changes forms. As for those cuts on his face? Play the demo, and you'll find out within the first 10 minutes.

---
Now, here are some of the clans that you'll meet in Ambrosia's story.

Vi Clan
Mythological Origins: Unknown
The Vi has conquered the other clans and rule over Virgo Island alongside their allies, the Phoenix (Ambrosia's clan).

Onyx
Romance Option: Yes. You can enter a relationship with him in the later acts.
The silent and enigmatic war chief of the Vi. He's known as the monster of Virgo Island for his fierceness and ruthlessness in battle. It's been said that he has no heart in his plated chest. He oversees the other clans to ensure that they obey the Vi's rule. He is in charge of executions.

Night
Romance Option: Yes. You can enter a relationship with him in the middle acts.
The only Vi slightly liked and respected by the rest of Virgo Island. He's talked about as a danger to women. As someone who lives on the wild side, he can be something of a heartbreaker, but he never lies. He's honest about the fact that he's not looking for a commitment and that he simply wants to enjoy life. He claims he wouldn't say "no" if the right person came along, but Ambrosia can't trust someone who likes to live on the edge.

Prince Alexandrite
As the prince of the Vi, his authority is superseded only by his older brother, the king. He doesn't usually interact with the other clans and prefers to rule them with an iron fist. If Onyx is feared, Alexandrite is most despised by the natives of Virgo Island. They say that he is as cold as ice - a hard and intimidating man with little patience for mistakes.

Hulder Clan
Mythological Origins: In Norwegian and Scandinavian folklore, the hulder are seductive forest creatures.
This clan is known for their great beauty and cunning. Be warned about crossing them. They always seem to know their enemies' deepest, darkest secrets...

Arsenik
Romance Option: Yes. You can enter a relationship with him in the beginning acts.
He's both a gentleman and an intellect, eloquent and refined. However, his elegant tongue tends to curl up on itself whenever he sees Ambrosia. He's obviously smitten with her and painfully self-conscious around her, almost to the point of awkwardness. As a male in his clan, he has to undertake the role of a warrior, but he's surprisingly averse to violence. He's a peaceful man, but on Virgo Island, you have to earn your name. Just how did he come to be called Arsenik?

Trold Clan
Mythological Origins: In Denmark and Norway, the trold is another word for a troll.

Chase
Romance Option: Yes. You can enter a relationship with him in the beginning acts.
The runt of his clan. He's generally a simple and straightforward person, who likes to lighten any situation with tongue-in-cheek humor. However, he does have his boyish pride and a slightly competitive streak. Nevertheless, he's often the voice of reason, except for when it comes to his clan. To him, blood is thicker than water, and he won't forgive anyone for hurting his family.

Imugi Clan
Mythological Origins: In Korean mythology, the imugi are serpent-like creatures, seeking to become full-fledged dragons.

Wind
Like the rest of his kin, Wind considers his kind superior to the other clans. He resents not only the Vi for defeating them but the Phoenix for assisting them. Contemptuous and biting, he is vehement in his refusal to accept help from Ambrosia, a despised Phoenix. On the other hand, he reminds her of someone from her childhood. However, he doesn't seem to recognize her, let alone act like the same person.

---

These are just a few of the key players on Virgo Island. There are many more to meet, befriend or antagonize. Just remember that you can be courted by more than one gentleman at a time, and you certainly aren't locked onto a guy's route once you decide to form a relationship with him. You can date, break up, go out with someone else, or get back together with that old flame. Or you can just be single and try to be friends with everyone (try being the keyword).

Whether or not you're available, you can try to reconcile the clans' differences with one another. Do your best to keep a war from breaking out...unless you want to start one.
Support us on Patreon!
The Crown Ruler (a.k.a. the Director, Writer, Programmer & Lead Artist) - C. Lamour (Dreamgazer)
The Huntsman (a.k.a. Helper #1) - Jed
The Magic Mirror (a.k.a. Helper #2) - Michael Everton
Fairest Princesses and Prince Charmings (a.k.a. Beta Testers) - You, if you want to be ;)

Hello, everyone! How are you doing today? Let me tell you, the story that you've just read about up to here is very near and dear to my heart. When you read this visual novel, I hope you'll be able to see the love and passion poured into it! It's a pleasure for us to make, and we hope you'll enjoy it just as much.

If you want to keep up with our progress, please do! You can reach us on:

tumblr. Our main website! We're most active here.
Twitter. Use #xplayingpieces to talk about the game.
Facebook. Like us and share our games with your friends!
Pinterest. In dire need of more pictures. Will be corrected as soon as possible!
1❀ Are you interested in playing Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)? What are your opinions/thoughts/impressions so far and is there anything you're particularly curious about?

2✿ I'd love to hear your opinions on the characters! Do you have a favorite or least favorite? Which clan interests you most?

3❀ How do you think you'll play the game? Would you try to make a bunch of allies? How much would you focus on dating? How do you hope to influence Ambrosia's personality, if at all?

Now, if you've played the demo, it'd help us out if you could answer these questions, too!

1❀ What were your expectations going into the game? And how did Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces) meet or contradict them?

2✿ Tell me. How did you spend your two days? There are a lot of choices, so I'm curious what you decided to do and who you tried to befriend.

3❀ What are your thoughts on the story and the characters now? Do you have a favorite? What were you feeling during the last scene at the end of the demo?

4✿ What are you looking forward to seeing in the full version?

Thanks for checking out this thread!
Last edited by Dreamgazer on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:43 am, edited 49 times in total.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: War [EPIC Fantasy, GxB] + A Valentine Special ♥

#2 Post by Katta »

Wow, Arsenik became such a cutie, it's a pity he bores me to death until he's finished with pleasantries.
And your new project will be so long - I really admire your working ability.

I'd definitely love to help but I'm not sure what I can do, I can try outlining something (I can't promise it'll turn out good though), because your coloring style is very different so it'll be better if you color everything yourself. Do you need backgrounds? I can try something in this area (at least searching for free ones)

1) As to my dream date I love fairs, festivals and amusement parks (it's a good thing almost every otome has one but it's almost always spoiled by the doormat MC who's afraid of everything): especially, eventful atmosphere, fireworks, junk food and souvenirs, claw crane machines and shooting from the air rifle.
Making engagement rings for each other yourselves is very romantic (and you don't need to be a jeweller for that)
A walk in a park and lying on the grass is nice too.
Barium should go shopping with the ladies (I dislike shopping myself but he seems like the type :lol:)

I'd like MC to interact more with the boys, I like MC behaving a bit crazy (like asking weird questions out of nowhere or doing whatever she wants on a whim), it's so fun and unlike myself) Shooting good and being good at claw machines and games is nice too, not failing every little thing and waiting for the guy to do it.

2) I like silent and intimidating types, but kind and caring, it's a pity you don't have bigger guys in your cast.
-talking too much (as you could have guessed)
+playing MMOs together))
+strong family bonds are a plus, but not closing your eyes to all the bad traits and behaviour.
+creating stuff with one's own hands is cool
-tragic past (I'm a bit tired of that in books and games)

3) Can we date Wildfire? I bet it'd be fun)

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#3 Post by Dreamgazer »

Katta wrote:Wow, Arsenik became such a cutie, it's a pity he bores me to death until he's finished with pleasantries.
And your new project will be so long - I really admire your working ability.
Hello, Katta! Haha, that is totally Wildfire's opinion, too. She's like "He looks hot, but ugh, why does he talk so much? Just shut up and look pretty." And aww, thank you, it's so nice of you to say that.
Katta wrote:I'd definitely love to help but I'm not sure what I can do, I can try outlining something (I can't promise it'll turn out good though), because your coloring style is very different so it'll be better if you color everything yourself. Do you need backgrounds? I can try something in this area (at least searching for free ones)
I would really appreciate the help! More free backgrounds are always great. In terms of drawing, what do you think about outlining chibis? Those might be easier (and quicker) to draw, and this Valentine dating sim isn't going to be a serious story by any means, so it'll fit.
Katta wrote:3) Can we date Wildfire? I bet it'd be fun)
Ooh, well, I'm only planning for this to be GxB. Any additional features is probably going to overwhelm me. I'll start writing/coding the game on February 1 (the day after the deadline), so I'll only have less than two weeks to finish. It'll be like a Valentine game jam.

Thanks for filling out the questions! I'll try my best to give you your dream date. If you have the time, I'd also be interested in hearing your response to the red questions about War, assuming you're interested in giving it a go.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#4 Post by Katta »

Dreamgazer wrote:
Katta wrote:3) Can we date Wildfire? I bet it'd be fun)
Ooh, well, I'm only planning for this to be GxB. Any additional features is probably going to overwhelm me. I'll start writing/coding the game on February 1 (the day after the deadline), so I'll only have less than two weeks to finish. It'll be like a Valentine game jam.
She can turn into a guy (though it'd require a new sprite = more work) 8)
Dreamgazer wrote:Thanks for filling out the questions! I'll try my best to give you your dream date. If you have the time, I'd also be interested in hearing your response to the red questions about War, assuming you're interested in giving it a go.
Well, your previous game was so different from my expectations (my impression after reading the thread: "The war began... infodump more infodump", the real game: "This guy is cute and this one too, lalala"), so now I don't really have any. I usually don't aim for any route in particular but just choose the options I like, but I'd probably go for Wind first since he's the new guy (or maybe Alexandrite, who knows how cute he is under a question mark)
I'm curious about the true nature of Ambrosia, since she was not so good in Death Room, so if we get to see her from inside here, I'd love to see an intelligent and calculating person, something different from what she pretends to be.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

Re: War [EPIC Fantasy, GxB otome] + A Valentine Special ♥

#5 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

This seems like a fun game. I like the idea of romancing guys while keeping the clans from starting a war. Ambrosia is a nice girl, and I will enjoy playing as her.

Arsenik has a really cute personality, at least, around Ambrosia, and he seems very kind.

I don't think I'll like Wind, but my opinion of him may change.

I like a committed relationship, and I don't know if I can trust Night.

Onyx appears to be a terrifying person, but I am curious about him.

Alexandrite sounds so cold. I wonder if I can even have a conversation with him. T_T

Chase is my favorite character. He sounds nice, funny, and level-headed. A nice combination, plus he is really attractive...well, what I can see of his face is anyway.

I'll definitely go on Chases route first!

For the valentine's game, I would like the protagonist to be sweet. I think Ambrosia is a good example.

I think fairy tale romance is a perfect example of how the relationship should be. For your convenience, I won't go into details, but it should be light and sweet, like a prince and princess' scene from a fairytale. If you don't think you can work with that, I just like really cheesy interactions. I'm a bit of a romantic.

I would like a heartfelt confession, like in those sugary shoujo mangas where the guy spills out his feelings to the girl. That would be so perfect.

I don't like forceful guys. Like a guy pushing me against a wall, or being too dominant.

I an really looking forward to the games. They both sound amazing~

UsaBerryHime
Regular
Completed: Destiny Voyage
Projects: {Destiny Movie}, [Stolen Destiny
Tumblr: usaberryhime
Deviantart: UsaBerryHime
itch: usaberryhime

#6 Post by UsaBerryHime »

1) First of all, are you interested in playing War? What do you make of it so far? Is there anything you're particularly curious about?
--- Yes, of course i will play this! i like how it combines ideas from past games that you have made to make one nice universe - and hopefully get some more info on the other games too! I''m really curious about finding out the true ambrosia... lol

2) I'd love to hear your opinions on the characters. Do you have a favorite? Whose route do you think you'll pursue first?
--- eeeiiii, ive probably said this before, but i think it would be Night! because he looks like my type with dark hair and pretty eyes so I'll go for him first! but im really curious about the hidden characters! and who onyx is under that mask... hahaha. and i absolutely love arsenik's redesign!! he got like *BAM* beautiful haha!

3) What are your expectations for the story, if any?
I want some answers! and of course i'm going to suspect drama and suspense! hopefully nothing too scary... i about cried last time, but even still it was really written well! so i will expect that again:)

--------------------

Valentines Questions!

❦ Question 1: What is your dream date?
--- hmmmm, for me personally, i would like a "magical night" something that we can laugh and have a good time and end with a sweet note~ hehe, is that enough? i'm picturing an amusement park with fireworks and a kiss heheeeee >////<

❦ Question 2: What is your type? Tell me about your do's and don't, your pluses and minuses.
( + ) sincere
( + ) observant of mc's needs
( + ) easy blusher hehe

( - ) not a heavy flirt (too too sweet)
( - ) no ignoring mc!

❦ Question 3: Who is your preferred date? Please rank the boys in order of preference.
Your boys? I guess: Night, Wind, Arsenik, Chase, Onyx - and then i guess that the hidden characters can be wild cards in there! whoo im looking forward to this!! yay!
Image Image Image

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#7 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hi, VocaloidsRCool and UsaBerryHime! Thanks for answering my questions. I'm glad you're interested! And I'll try my best to give you both your dream dates. Look forward to it!

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#8 Post by Windchimes »

1) First of all, are you interested in playing War? What do you make of it so far? Is there anything you're particularly curious about?
Ahh yesss I love the sound of this game <3 Especially the realistic romance part, as in you can stay single, date, break up or even get back together. Most games don't let you do that, so I think that's really cool. I'm REALLY curious about that part, actually. Because I'm trying to imagine all the branching and stuff which sounds complicated. xD

2) I'd love to hear your opinions on the characters. Do you have a favorite? Whose route do you think you'll pursue first?

Arsenik probably. He's looking quite fine ;) xD But mostly just because I'm a sucker for those guys who get flustered and shy, even awkward, when they're around the girl they have a crush on (especially when it's me...or in this case the MC. Muahaha). I'm definitely going for his route first. The next would probably be Chase. He sounds fun to be with.

I'm expecting it to be awesome, as all your games are :D

As for Valentine questions!

Question 1: What is your dream date?
Hmmm...I'm the type who likes long dates. More time the better. So I'm more into dates that aren't just like one specific event (like a dinner or a movie), but a lot of things one after another. E.g. A day out that'd start with doing something fun together like going to an amusement park (where he wins me a teddy bear at a game stall/buys me something cute, of course xD), then it'd turn into a walk on the beach. Afterwards he'd bring me home and cook me dinner, and watch a chick flick with me while cuddling on couch. Something like that.

Question 2: What is your type? Tell me about your do's and don't, your pluses and minuses.
✔ Receiving declarations of love yesssss, but not the flirty smooth comments that the player types always give, because I always laugh them off and never take them seriously. I prefer the more sincerely sweet declarations of love because you know it's genuine and it means something.
✔ Good at cooking and would cook for me <3 (Because I'm a disaster in the kitchen)
✔ Getting sneaked up on and hugged from behind. Back hugs are adorable.

✘ Having a bad temper
✘ Wandering eyes and flirty with other girls

Question 3: Who is your preferred date? Please rank the boys in order of preference.

Hmm...Arsenik > Chase > Night > Barium > Wind > Onyx

Good luck for your VN! <3 I'm really looking forward to it, especially the Valentine edition! Hehe
Last edited by Windchimes on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#9 Post by Dreamgazer »

Windchimes wrote:Ahh yesss I love the sound of this game <3 Especially the realistic romance part, as in you can stay single, date, break up or even get back together. Most games don't let you do that, so I think that's really cool. I'm REALLY curious about that part, actually. Because I'm trying to imagine all the branching and stuff which sounds complicated. xD
Hi, Windchimes! I'm happy to see you're excited, and thanks for all your good wishes. And yes, there's an insane (but fun) amount of branching.

Also, I finished updating Barium's sprite!

All thoughts and opinions are welcome!

On a side note, if anyone would like to change anything about their Valentine request (whether it's to add or subtract something), just let me know by posting a comment here (or through any of my social media). Have an awesome weekend, everybody!

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#10 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Not sure if this matters anymore, but for the valentine game, I forgot that I supposed to rank the guys from most liked to least liked. I will do so now.

Chase

Arsenik

Wind

Night

Onyx

Barium

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#11 Post by Dreamgazer »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:Not sure if this matters anymore, but for the valentine game, I forgot that I supposed to rank the guys from most liked to least liked. I will do so now.
Hello again, VocaloidsRCool! Of course it matters. I want to get as close as possible to your dream date, so every little bit of information helps me to achieve that. If you want to make any changes to your answer, just let me know!

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#12 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

No, I've made all of the changes I needed to. But thank you so much! You really care about what the player wants. ^_^

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#13 Post by Windchimes »

Oh I just realized I missed Barium in my ranking list for the guys xD I updated it.
(Loved the valentine-fied descriptions for the guys btw LOL)

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

#14 Post by Heiden »

Whoo! Super excited about this one!!! Loved War 13th day so Im excited to meet everyone for real! :D

Of course! I think it's going to be a very large game and we'll see varying sides of a war and what does it mean when one country tries to take over another culture and can you do this peacefully etc. I guess I'm curious about the new tribes described here (Imugi) since they werent in War 13th day.

I LIKED CHASE IN WAR 13TH DAY and he's got orange hair so he's my first target :'D. And wow Arsenik looks a lot different than in Wildfire's interpretation, so I'm def going after him next!

Lots of political intrigue, assassinations, deals gone wrong, and lots of introspection about what it means to be in a war. Oh and maybe some smoochin' :'D

And then the Valentine's day questions:

Question 1: What is your dream date? -
I like the idea of going on an adventure with someone as the sort of date. So maybe not something mundane. So maybe they find a dead body and have to solve the mystery together, or they discover an assassination plot and work together to protect that person. Things like that. Haha, I guess I just like people working together for a common goal.

Question 2: What is your type? Tell me about your do's and don't, your pluses and minuses. -
I like nice kind men who dont force the heroine into doing things she says she doesnt want to. Listens and respects her, stuff like that. I guess for more specific types:
+ Red/orange hair (haha;;)
+ Loyal
+ Good at fighting
- Being too aggressive
- Overly flirty

Question 3: Who is your preferred date? Please rank the boys in order of preference. -
Chase > Arsenik > Wind > Barium > Onyx (Haha Im curious how this one will turn out) > Night

SUPER EXCITED TO see how this will all play out!! :D :DDD
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

Oktolio
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked
Projects: Paint My World Anew, LoveLime!
Organization: https://gourmetvisual.itch.io/
Deviantart: Oktolio

#15 Post by Oktolio »

AHH I'M SORRY IT TURNED OUT KINDA LONG...!

I've just finished playing War:13th day, and I must say, I'm super excited about this installment :D I'm glad it's from Ambrosia's side - while I quite like Wildfire, she can be a little too overwhelming. And who doesn't like cutie pies like Ambrosia? Hehe.
What I expect from "War" is mainly huge plot twists that will mess with our mind/onirism, like in Wildfire's case. Sort of anyway. Betrayals you wouldn't see coming. And obviously assassinations, kidnappings etc. etc. - it is a WAR after all ;)

About bachelors:
I like how much of a spectrum of characters we have. Each is different and piques interest (like Arsenik! I KNOW, I just do he's hiding something. And most probably wears a facade to hide his "ugly" side, I mean - his name shows it after all). I'm thrilled to know what kind of persons they turn out to be :D

-Firstly, I'd most probably "chase" after Chase ;) He was my favourite so far. The best aspect of him was the way he cares about his brethren and lis loyalty. I respect that.
-The second one will be Onyx. Damn, do I like such enigmatic characters like him! (I do. Very much so.) Also because I like his ~mysterious~ design. Yees. I was just wondering - is that a helmet on his head, or IS it his head? It'd be interesting if he was faceless.
-Third on my radar is Wind. I think he''ll be the most fun to play. And, at the same, most frustrating thanks to his sassiness. That's the vibe I'm getting.
-Night. I don't really like the womanizer type, but we shall see.
-Barium and Arsenik. Barium would be last, solely of the reason I don't really care about him. He was there, somewhere in the background. Not really eye-catching. BUT, Arsenik - ugghh I just CAN'T, cannot trust his charms and words! All I hear is lies (though I dunno if he's that much of a big bad wolf as I depict him, still I can't shake off the feeling that he's a terrible person hiding terrible things)! I like his improved sprite though. Nice.

About Valentine Date:

1) My dream date must be something I wouldn't expect - as in, I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be a simple date in a restaurant with candles. Boooring. The important issue is HOW he is going to ask me out, as well. Let him go out of his way to please the lady :D Let him sing a serenade in the middle of the night. Perfect.

2) YES:
- Being playful, flirty even (not TOO much though), not boringly serious
- Let him be a little awkward. Or a lot. It's cute when they suffer from embarrassment ;)
- A present he made himself. Not necessarily a "physical" one - let it be a poem, song...
NO:
- conventional methods of "courting"
- being predictable
- not caring/ caring too little about mc, what she has to say, not paying attention to her

Geez, I wrote an essay, truly. I'm so sorry ;_; Even though I really restrained myself...ahh well. On a side note: If you're searching for an artist I can help with something! Just not bgs, I'm not really good with them, ahaha.