[NaNoRenO '16 Recruitment] - 2015 Participant

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
wifom
Regular

[NaNoRenO '16 Recruitment] - 2015 Participant

#1 Post by wifom »

MY BACKGROUND
I used to be open for commissions for visual novel developers. I took that experience to participate in last year's NaNoRenO. I started recruiting for members in early January of 2015. Our team eventually grew to over 30 members, and our game was released at the end of June 2015. See our progress thread here. Our finished, released game can be viewed here. It was a big commitment, and I definitely did not imagine myself working on the project past NaNoRenO.

It was my first visual novel, and we've accumulated almost 20,000 downloads to date. I think it was a huge accomplishment for myself, regardless of the bugs and other hiccups throughout the game.

WHAT I'M DOING FOR 2016
I've learned a lot. Not just about making a visual novel, but every little logistical detail that you could possibly imagine (or not) that goes into VN development in the short span of 30 days. For starters, I am seeking a small team of less than 5 members.

My Ultimate Goal: Creating a short version (aka "Demo") of a longer story I have in mind that will hopefully be commercialized.

If the project does get to the stage that compensation can be given, we'll begin to discuss those details when it comes to that.

WHO I'M RECRUITING
  • Background Artist
  • Music Composer/SFX Guru (tentative)
  • Programmer (tentative)
I am in no urgent need of anyone other than a Background Artist because I have experience and the skills to program and create (simple) music/SFX. Background artist(s) are highly sought.

MY EXPERIENCE
I've made several sprites and CG illustrations for other visual novels. I was the sprite artist, UI designer, logo designer, writer, (and somewhat) programmer for Summoner Sweetheart. You can check out my old artwork on the LSF thread linked in my signature. If you would like to view my current artwork, please message me because I am going by a different name.

THE STORY
It has to do with chess, school, and super powers. Sort of. I haven't delved too much in the intricacies of the story, but I have a general overview of the story. It's from an idea I developed back in 2010 (concept work can be seen at http://www.tokidoki.smackjeeves.com. Warning: very old artwork). It will involve students who compete with others for their school status (i.e. tiers of rewards), and each person is assigned a different role (i.e. pawn, rook) that will be used to strategize schemes to move up in the ladder. I would like to get the game mechanics down first before I delve more into the plot.

TIMELINE
Will be filled out later.

.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。

If you are interested in joining me, please post a reply below, PM me, or e-mail bigstepsvn@gmail.com with your experience, portfolio, and commitment level. Or you may fill out the application form below (preferred).

Thanks!
Last edited by wifom on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

wifom
Regular

Re: [NaNoRenO '16 Recruitment] - 2015 Participant

#2 Post by wifom »

Application Forms

Note: You may PM me the following information if you prefer. Posting here will also count! Please delete anything in the forms that are within double parentheses "(( ))".

Artist

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] Artist
[b]Specialty:[/b] ((i.e. Background, Sprites, Pixels))
[b]Art Samples/Gallery (min. 5 pieces):[/b]
[b]Prior VNG Experience:[/b] ((What projects have you worked on? What was your role?))
[b]What have you learned?[/b] ((Based on past projects (not restricted to VNG's), what have you learned from your accomplishments and mistakes?))
[b]Commitment Level:[/b] ((How much time can you commit each week during March? What would be reasonable of me to expect from you based on this time schedule?))
[b]Reason(s) For Joining:[/b]
Programmer

[b]Role:[/b] Programmer
[b]Coding Languages:[/b] ((i.e. Python, Ruby, C#, Java))
[b]Coding Projects (prefer at least 1):[/b] 
[b]Prior VNG Experience:[/b] ((What projects have you worked on? What was your role?))
[b]What have you learned?[/b] ((Based on past projects (not restricted to VNG's), what have you learned from your accomplishments and mistakes?))
[b]Commitment Level:[/b] ((How much time can you commit each week during March? What would be reasonable of me to expect from you based on this time schedule?))
Music Producer

[b]Role:[/b] Music Producer
[b]Styles:[/b] ((i.e. anime, retro, 8-bit))
[b]Sound Samples/Soundcloud (min. 2):[/b] 
Other

[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Samples/Gallery:[/b]
[b]Relevant Information (optional):[/b]

Yes, I took this from last year's recruitment thread, hue.