【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | NaNo16 ]

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | NaNo16 ]

#1 Post by runeraccoon »

There will be a casual WIP revamp thread for this in the near future~

Logo by ds-sans <3
    • SUMMARY:
      • ► Back then, Shigure's life changed so much that he had to move to another high school. Right now, there's only one thing in his mind: to take revenge. But how should he go through a revenge on someone who doesn't even remember him? Should he abandon it altogether?
      CHARACTERS:
      • ► Shigure [MC]
        Foolish, insecure, and in denial. He has a lot of things to grow on as a person. He tries to be kind and likes to please people around him. He's also studious with great memory, but that's when he was a high school student. He likes going with the flow, but once he makes up his own mind, it's hard to convince him otherwise. Besides, all changes must be internal, right?

► Yuuji
        A hardworking 18 year-old, the initial target of Shigure's revenge. He works in his father's baker's confectionery shop after graduating from high school, aiming to get his own cakes to get into daily menu. Even though he's hard to approach personally at first, he shows a lot of initiatives to connect with others. His assertive side shows once he's certain of his choices. He wears glasses sometimes.

► Haruka
        A gentle 20 year-old, enrolled in the same university as Shigure and hailed as a genius. He likes symbolism and hidden messages. For someone who looks airheaded, he's a great listener and gives sound advises. His expression becomes harsh if he's asked about family, but otherwise, he enjoys being around people. Once he talks about astronomy and environmental movement, it's hard to stop.

► Nao
        A brash 18 year old, fists flying faster than mouth. He's rough, but easily sympathizes with people around him, sometimes at the expense of the others outside his circle of friends. He has a lot of part-time jobs to support his family without a father figure. Even though he's being loved by his little siblings, he's easily misunderstood by other people. His scowl and sharp attitude don't help, honestly.
      FEATURES:*
      * For NaNo version, I'm aiming for something like Sapiboong's I Love You, Brother.
      • A set personality for MC with room to grow
      • Relationship Endings and Alone Endings (neither necessarily means bad)
      • 3 Love Interests to get to know deeper. Literally. //shot
      • Drama, angst, fluff, redemption, growing up, forgiveness, love
      • City map with a number of locations to visit
      • A schedule to work on besides university
      • Conversation flags/triggers
      • Dates with different scenes
      • In-game pop culture

PROGRESS: (3/7)
      ► Sprites: Sketches 100%
      ► GUI: Textbox uploaded!
      ► Writing: Outline 80%
      ► BGs + music: Free Resource

CREDITS:
      【Artist】► fuicchi ' 7 ')/
      【Logo】► ds-sans
      【Coding】► uebari
      【Support】► Kumiho
      【Music】► Open Source, mainly from Eric Matyas' http://soundimage.org
====== | ☆ | ===== | ☆ | ===== | ☆ | ======

NOTES:
You are awesome! Thank you for reading this far~ I'm not too good with meta/quirky stuffs (though I enjoy them immensely), so here I am, humbly presents the premise of my game.

This game won't have a development blog for now, just a log here. I want it to be published to the first layer of people I know: LSF members. Most of the features came from my discussion about stats in dating sims, credit goes for everyone who commented there and shared your insight and expertise.

These questions aren't the original ones, but feel free to comment on anything, really!
❋ [3/8] What do you think about the premise?
❋ [3/8] As Shigure has a set personality, what would you suggest so that the playthrough won't be too onesided?
❋ [3/8] Is there any questions you'd like to ask to the characters?
Attachments
3rd revision :&quot;D
3rd revision :"D
Last edited by runeraccoon on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:56 am, edited 9 times in total.

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

Re: 【Gestalt Effect】:: [ BxB | drama | dating sim | NaNo16 ]

#2 Post by Kumiho »

Oh my goshhhh it's finally up <333 and the title is especially perfect omg. Seriously, I am super excited for this VN *u* and I'm super excited to be graced with your art and writing <33 ALSO I SEE MY USERNAME HAHAH <3 And the format for the WiP post is super nice too!! And ooh, Sayo is a new character for me :o I'm interested in learning more about her as well <3 although my main priority is seeing how Shigure + his love interests develop over time.

❋ Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
Both would be amazing <3 They'd have different dynamics, obviously. The prior dates would be more "getting to know each other"-esque, while the latter would be a lot more romantic and heartfelt. If we can only choose one, though, definitely after we get in a relationship with them! 8')

❋ Where are the places you'd like to go on a date with? Considering the university-age, I guess going to sleepover in hot spring trip/skiing/beach should be okay..
Honestly, I seriously love all the characters, and I'd love to go on dates to just about anywhere as long as Shigure can have his fluffy moments here and there x') Hot spring sleepovers sound like the absolute best 8'))

❋ What would be the most memorable part in a date, generally speaking?
the kiss(es) Umm, I guess the moments when the couple says sweet nothings to each other? :) I think for this VN though, the most memorable events could also be when the characters grow together and overcome their differences and pasts through more serious conversations.

+++ Seriously, I'm super excited!! Good luck with the VN, I'll be waiting eagerly 8'D

runeraccoon
Veteran

#3 Post by runeraccoon »

You're super biased but <3 <3 <3 Thank you so much for your response, Mina!

runeraccoon
Veteran

#4 Post by runeraccoon »

Updated with the sketches of the characters~ /o/ You have any fave yet?

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#5 Post by Windchimes »

This looks great! I generally prefer GxB, but this looks really nice, especially the art >< So I'll be excitedly waiting for this to be released!

❋ Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
I think before. It's more realistic. Most people go on dates to know each other better in the romantic way before entering into a relationship, so I think it would be nice if a date happens beforehand!

❋ Who do you like from the characters?
Oh gosh, it's hard to pick. All of them are interesting. The sketches are awesome! I guess if I'm forced to pick my favorite, I'll pick Nao. xD I will enjoy his scowling and knowing he's a nice softie inside. Haha

Good luck for your project! :D Will be excitedly watching this <3

runeraccoon
Veteran

#6 Post by runeraccoon »

Wow, thanks XD Here's hoping I could live up to the expectations.

It's interesting how you chose differently about dates ' A ') If I have time, I'll probably make both. For now, I'll go with my initial plan~ :>

Once the proper sprites are done, I'll probably make name cards as well, hoho.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#7 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys? 

I'd like to hang out with them first, since yanno. Making sure boys don't have cooties

IT'S A TIE BETWEEN HARUKA AND NAO TBH....
THEY ARE BOTH CUTE AS HECK NOT GONNA DECIDE NOW

HELLO
GOOD LUCK
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

runeraccoon
Veteran

#8 Post by runeraccoon »

LMFAO and how by hanging out casually you'd find out they don't have cooties? Fufufufu /)v(\ I like seeing them being liked. I'll be waiting for your VN(s) as well!

yetibutts

#9 Post by yetibutts »

BxB?? Um yes one of my favorite genres this is great! As for favorite characters...I'm torn between Yuuji and Nao. Probably Nao because I have a super soft spot for tsunderes HAHA. For me, I'd like to see what it'd be like to go on a date after they get into a relationship, but that's just me!
Best of luck! Can't wait to see more progress on this! ^_^

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

#10 Post by KiloTango »

I don't really mind there, but a date before makes more sense to me, you don't normally get in real relationships without people without hanging out first...

Yuuji is the most interesting, because he seems cute but I'm really curious what he could have done to make someone want to take revenge on him...
ImageImageImage

runeraccoon
Veteran

#11 Post by runeraccoon »

KiloTango wrote:❋ Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
I don't really mind there, but a date before makes more sense to me, you don't normally get in real relationships without people without hanging out first...

Yuuji is the most interesting, because he seems cute but I'm really curious what he could have done to make someone want to take revenge on him...
Thanks for the input! Noted, but we'll see. ;)
Ahahaha I wonder if I could get the main point of the plot across.

WoodenStag
Projects: A Dragon's Heart.
Tumblr: woodenstag
Deviantart: Wooden-Stag

#12 Post by WoodenStag »

this looks really cute, i wish you luck on finishing it :)

❋Would you like to go on a date before or after you get into a relationship with the guys?
i think it would be nice to go on a date before and after you start dating, as it could show you how
the characters interactions might change once your with them,
like before your in a relationship with them it might be a bit more awkward as your trying to get to know your date,
but once you start dating you could show them being more comfortable around one anther

i really like Nao so far he seems like he would be a fun character to tease and it doesn't hurt that he looks so cute :)

Weenily
Regular
Tumblr: Weenily

#13 Post by Weenily »

I'm really curious about Shigure and Yuuji's relationship!

Both! I'd like to be able to hang out with the characters first to check out their personalities before choosing to date them.

Yuuji! I love Yuuji's hair and he bakes cakes!! He just wants to get his cakes on the menu, how hecking cute is that? He also wears glasses sometimes and I'm all about that so... I'm also interested in talking about the illuminati symbolism and hidden messages with Haruka.

Good luck with your project!
You can call me either Weenily or Gaile! They/them pronouns please and thank you.

runeraccoon
Veteran

#14 Post by runeraccoon »

Weenily wrote:I'm really curious about Shigure and Yuuji's relationship!

Both! I'd like to be able to hang out with the characters first to check out their personalities before choosing to date them.

Yuuji! I love Yuuji's hair and he bakes cakes!! He just wants to get his cakes on the menu, how hecking cute is that? He also wears glasses sometimes and I'm all about that so... I'm also interested in talking about the illuminati symbolism and hidden messages with Haruka.

Good luck with your project!
Thank you for your encouragement! <3
dat illuminati tho >_> I'm tempted

Drewz
Regular

#15 Post by Drewz »

Haaaan, a BL! So excited for this <3
Well, both xD
Shigure <3 If you mean the romanceable characters; I'd probably go for Haruka in my first playthrough x)