Iris Dream [NaNo 2016] - BETA Completed :D

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Iris Dream [NaNo 2016][GxB][Otome][Romance][Slice of Lif

#16 Post by MimirollCookie »

Yey! I'm glad you liked it so far. :)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

#17 Post by gamerbum »

How about some random facts about Walker while I think about writing this next scene?

- He's a really good cook, and he's excellent at cleaning.
- His biggest coping mechanism is reading books (and by extension studying). He developed it at a young age.
- He can be really oblivious to social cues sometimes. Even the most obvious ones. As a result, people tend to misinterpret his words and actions.

Miyuu
Regular
Completed: Iris Dream

#18 Post by Miyuu »

Walker is just <3 xD

I have a big announcement. When we first started, it's decided that this game will not have CGs due to time constraint.

BUT now, there will be CGs for the game as we have Attlebridge and EXMED1C collaborating together to draw CGs, yay! :D

Thank you, both of you! And for everyone's supports and suggestions, thank you, we really appreciate you for checking out the WIP and supporting us! :D

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#19 Post by MimirollCookie »

Miyuu wrote:Walker is just <3 xD

I have a big announcement. When we first started, it's decided that this game will not have CGs due to time constraint.

BUT now, there will be CGs for the game as we have Attlebridge and EXMED1C collaborating together to draw CGs, yay! :D

Thank you, both of you! And for everyone's supports and suggestions, thank you, we really appreciate you for checking out the WIP and supporting us! :D
Yay! Congrats!!! That's really good to hear. CGs in a game will be cool!
(But I was still expecting the game without CGs :oops: :roll: ) anyway congrats again!!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#20 Post by Lesleigh63 »

They're very pretty sprites, I like them all.

Err, cough, are the poses all going to be the same? (Can understand if it's a time restraint).

Miyuu
Regular

#21 Post by Miyuu »

MimirollCookie wrote:Yay! Congrats!!! That's really good to hear. CGs in a game will be cool!
(But I was still expecting the game without CGs :oops: :roll: ) anyway congrats again!!
Thank you! :D I believe CGs would add to the gaming experience, so we hope you'll enjoy the game more with CGs. :D
Lesleigh63 wrote:They're very pretty sprites, I like them all.
Err, cough, are the poses all going to be the same? (Can understand if it's a time restraint).
Thank you, Attlebridge will be pleased. :D Each of the sprites will have one pose, but different poses for each, not like the one in the character designs. :)

Attlebridge
Tumblr: omglaila
Deviantart: cospigeon

#22 Post by Attlebridge »

Lesleigh63 wrote:They're very pretty sprites, I like them all.

You're looking at the character design sheets, not game sprites. ;)

These are my in-progress sprites. I've finished the lineart for all characters and expressions, I'm still working on colouring and shading:

ETA:
I've also been making a few logo prototypes.

Hi.In.Ni
Regular

#23 Post by Hi.In.Ni »

- What do you think of the premise? Would you be interested in playing the game once it's done?

It's pretty interesting, I feel like there will be a lot of content tho, will you have enough time?

- Which character would you be interested in knowing more about?

Probably Layne. I like them all but he caught my eye first.

- Would you still be interested in playing the game if it had no CGs? The game will have CGs! :D

NICE! To be honest I'd play it even if not!

- Do you have any suggestions, or is there any special content you'd like to see in the game?

Not really, I really like the decisions you took!!
Please, check my NaNoRenO entry!
That was easy!! [NSFW] [BxG/B] [NaNoRenO2016]
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37491

Miyuu
Regular

#24 Post by Miyuu »

Hi.In.Ni wrote:- What do you think of the premise? Would you be interested in playing the game once it's done?

It's pretty interesting, I feel like there will be a lot of content tho, will you have enough time?

- Which character would you be interested in knowing more about?

Probably Layne. I like them all but he caught my eye first.

- Would you still be interested in playing the game if it had no CGs? The game will have CGs! :D

NICE! To be honest I'd play it even if not!

- Do you have any suggestions, or is there any special content you'd like to see in the game?

Not really, I really like the decisions you took!!
Thank you for coming in for commenting, we really do appreciate it! :D I do imagine that the story will be quite long (still haven't decided on word counts, but most probably more than 15k words). Given the time for NaNo, I hope I'll be able to write faster. Even though life's taken a chunk of my time, I'll still write as much as I can in time for NaNo. :)

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#25 Post by runeraccoon »

Miyuu wrote:Thank you for answering. :D I hope the game will meet (or exceed xD) your expectations.

Oh no, Sieghart from Rave is one of my favourite characters in Rave too, besides Plue the weird creature. xD I haven't read the manga in a while now, it's gotta be one of the best storyline ever, with the right amount of action and comedy.

I'm glad you'd play it, since people sometimes want to see CGs and they will be turned off when there's zero CG.

xD There will be soundtracks, yes, but I'll see about songs and voice acting, since I have no plans to implement them yet. :'D As for conversation flags, looks like a good challenge, hopefully we can cater to that. :D
That's totally an EE (Exceed Expectation)!! I'd play it just for the art and I'm SUPER SUPER HAPPY WITH SIEG????? Like, wow. Long hair + brown skin klsAJlkjlgjdg He's destined to be my fave. (And I'm glad you recognize Rave! I cried about Sieghart everytime we reach his arc ; ____ ; )

Here's hoping for a full fleshed game by April!

gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

#26 Post by gamerbum »

Quick update since no one else is online right now. We've decided to try adding partial voicing to the game, in the vein of the Fire Emblem 3DS games and the Persona series. The page is still a WIP since I put it together myself in like ten minutes, but it should be understandable for now. Auditions will be open from now 'til March 21st. The lines will mostly be short and I doubt there'll be more than like, 25 per character. Those who are interested in trying out, I'm leaving the link below!

https://www.castingcall.club/projects/iris-dream

Thanks, guys!

Attlebridge

#27 Post by Attlebridge »

I was up all night, until 6 AM finishing the game sprites. XD

Fun fact: Miyuu assigned a flower to each character, to reflect their personality. Each outfit I designed contains a stylized interpretation of the character's flower.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#28 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Attlebridge wrote:I was up all night, until 6 AM finishing the game sprites. XD

Fun fact: Miyuu assigned a flower to each character, to reflect their personality. Each outfit I designed contains a stylized interpretation of the character's flower.
They're incredible Attlebridge. Very beautiful. I could gush forever :)

Attlebridge

#29 Post by Attlebridge »

Lesleigh63 wrote: They're incredible Attlebridge. Very beautiful. I could gush forever :)
Thank you! >w<

...I also may have drawn a comic.

Miyuu
Regular

Re: Iris Dream [NaNo 2016] - Recruting VAs

#30 Post by Miyuu »

I...can actually picture Layne and Sieg like that, lol. xD
fuicchi wrote:That's totally an EE (Exceed Expectation)!! I'd play it just for the art and I'm SUPER SUPER HAPPY WITH SIEG????? Like, wow. Long hair + brown skin klsAJlkjlgjdg He's destined to be my fave. (And I'm glad you recognize Rave! I cried about Sieghart everytime we reach his arc ; ____ ; )

Here's hoping for a full fleshed game by April!
Thank you so much for your support, and here's to hoping all of us to finish our project in time! :D (Yes, I do, and I remember crying in some scenes because they were very sad and touching. :'D Then I would laugh in other funny scenes. :D Sieghart has gotta be one of the most handsome men in any manga I've ever read. :D)

I've updated the first post with logo and shiny, shiny character descriptions, thanks to Attlebridge's hard work. :D

If any voice actor out there is interested in the project and would like to audition, I've also left a link for audition in the first post. Or if you want to, you can always PM me or any of the team members for audition, thank you! :D