Animal Run [Romance|GxB|GxG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
hyakka

Animal Run [Romance|GxB|GxG]

#1 Post by hyakka »

Hello
This is going to be my first ever visual novel and I'm hoping I can make it in time for Nano'16
I'll be working on this pretty much by myself so I don't know exactly how long it would take and I don't have everything planned out yet so it's only an idea for now
I want this vn to be as light-hearted as possible since I'll screw up royally trying to make a deep storyline for my first game
Either way, I'm hoping to have fun with this (ノ≧∀≦)ノ
Story
Chelsea has been homeschooled for her whole life until her parents decided that she needs to step out and interact with other animals around her own age. She transfers to the only animal school near her house and she is absolutely terrified. To make matters worse, she somehow got involved with the school's "Gourmet Food Club" which is filled with just a bunch of "delinquents." Chelsea just wants to get out of the school or at least survive a year there but with a bunch of rowdy animals, it doesn't look like her school life will be peaceful at all
Characters
Chelsea
Half sheep and deer mix
She has been homeschooled all her life and was sheltered by her doting parents. When she transfers into the school, she is terrified by the other animals who are noisy and won't leave her alone. She is called "the princess" by the other students because of the way she acts.
Kenneth
Half fox and wolf mix
The "most intelligent" of the group and also the most innocent one. He is constantly teased by the others for his fashion sense: long cardigan, collared shirt + tie and flip-flops. He doesn't really care much for Chelsea but he thinks of her as a cute little sister.
Roy
Cobra
He is the friendliest of the bunch. He and Chelsea get along well although Chelsea thinks he's a little weird from time to time. He would always team up with Tisha and Sam to tease Kenneth. Kenneth thinks that he must have a split personality since he is the nicest person in the world when he's with Chelsea.
Sam
Snow leopard
Roy's partner in crime. When he is not committing a crime with Roy, he likes to nap. He is a quiet person and is the "scariest person" in Chelsea's eyes. She can never tell what he's thinking and he stares at her silently a lot.
Tisha
Lion
The first person that talked to Chelsea. She seems to have unlimited energy and is sort of the leader of the club. In Chelsea's eyes, she is the nosiest person she's ever met. Tisha dotes on Chelsea though, much to her dismay, because she's small and girly, the opposite of her.
???
Black panther
???
This story sort of came out of the blue so it's all over the place right now
I need some professional help...in everything (´;ω;`)
Attachments
kenneth.png
tisha.png
Last edited by hyakka on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FonaCall
Regular
Projects: Bahay Kubo, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Organization: Black Eared Games
Tumblr: blackearedgames
Deviantart: fonacall
Soundcloud: fona-call

Re: Animal Run [Romance|GxB|GxG]

#2 Post by FonaCall »

Ooh, sounds interesting!

If you want this to be finished in time for NaNo... maybe you could think of a mini-story, like a day in the school life of these people? Or maybe you could make something about Chelsea's eventful first day at school! Or something like that...

Hee hee, I'll be watching this!

- Jin
SO MANY GAMES, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

For those who are freelance VN staff and also for those who are VN team leaders, please read this. Inform yourselves. Thank you.

Status: More or less busy with IRL work and finishing a game in time for Halloween Jam in itch.io

Brainstorming for the following:
My Seven Deadly Friends | the rest of the ideas