Canceled

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
J-Ray
Regular

Canceled

#1 Post by J-Ray »

It was too early to announce...
Last edited by J-Ray on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:31 am, edited 7 times in total.

J-Ray
Regular

Re:

#2 Post by J-Ray »

Reserved for updates...
Last edited by J-Ray on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

VimislikArt
Regular
Projects: King of the Cul-De-Sac
Deviantart: vimislikart
itch: vimislikart

Re: Space Wanderer [Adventure | Sci-Fi | Fantasy]

#3 Post by VimislikArt »

Any story previews? Got a one sentence elevator pitch to titillate us? I'm super into space sims right now (I've put a bit of money into Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen), so this might be right up my alley!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Space Wanderer [Adventure | Sci-Fi | Fantasy]

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

J-Ray wrote: I want this novel be interesting, believable, dynamic and visually appealing.
It's always good to have goals. Furthermore, it's wise to make sure that your story has plausible science and characters who are proactive.

To go along with what VimislikArt said, please provide details about your characters, conflict, and world. Help us understand who this story is about. Explain what they want, and then what's keeping them from achieving their goals.
J-Ray wrote: Ten chapters adventure with intrigue, mystery, love and humor.
I don't know if you have completed one or more stories, or published at least one, in some other format. If you have not, then be careful with the scope of your visual novel. Make sure that you can commit to writing until the story is finished. I believe you will benefit by reading the Why So Many Unfinished Visual Novels? discussion thread from a few years ago. Then ask yourself questions such as...

* How will you deal with perfectionism? If the story does not meet your expectations at first, then are you willing to continue writing? Can you stay dedicated enough to write multiple drafts?
* What about procrastination? Can you commit to a writing schedule? Do you believe that you can keep writing even when it seems boring?
* Finally, how will you persevere when Murphy's Law becomes a problem? When writing, you might have to deal with a personal crisis or a natural disaster. Always make sure that your story is backed up in several places.

J-Ray
Regular

Re:

#5 Post by J-Ray »

gekiganwing wrote: * How will you deal with perfectionism? If the story does not meet your expectations at first, then are you willing to continue writing? Can you stay dedicated enough to write multiple drafts?
* What about procrastination? Can you commit to a writing schedule? Do you believe that you can keep writing even when it seems boring?
* Finally, how will you persevere when Murphy's Law becomes a problem? When writing, you might have to deal with a personal crisis or a natural disaster. Always make sure that your story is backed up in several places.
Thank you for these questions and advise. I'll keep it in mind.
Last edited by J-Ray on Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

J-Ray
Regular

Re:

#6 Post by J-Ray »

<2016_06_16> update
Canceled...