[OPEN] Composer and BG-Artist needed [Thriller]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ziaine
Regular
Projects: Roulette
Organization: Lazy Panda Studios
Tumblr: Ziaine
Deviantart: Ziaine

[OPEN] Composer and BG-Artist needed [Thriller]

#1 Post by Ziaine »

I am in need for some help for my visual novel Rouletto! The game has different episodes. Currently I would say 3 to 4! The game itself is rather long. I will be writing the story but if you wish to be helping with that please PM me with an example of your work.

To the game:
A group of people receive a letter which invites them to a mansion in Germany. After some time in the mansion they are told from an unknown person via letter that they have to kill one of themselves every day until midnight or they all get killed by bombs in the form of wristbands on their hands. They are also not able to leave the mansion. They win if they find out who the mastermind behind the whole thing is and lose if everyone but the mastermind is still alive. The game will be an episodic game, but it is still unclear of how much episodes it will be in the end, even though I would say 3 for the time being. Rouletto is a psychological thriller dealing with many different characters. The current character count is 18. While most of the characters seem harmless many have a rather criminal background or are just full fledged psychopaths. In this game I want to show the importance of the motive. I want to make characters which show that you can't judge a person or fully understand what they are thinking as long as you don't know them.
With every episode the player will have to start from anew. The reason for that is that the player fails to find out who the mastermind id in the first episode and gets killed. The second episode will then start with them meeting up again, obviously not remembering the first episode. The second episode will go slightly different because it will focus on different characters. This kind of schema will then continuously go on until the mastermind is found out.
Obviously with this kind of schema the player could easily say that the last one to be alive at the end of the first episode must be the mastermind to which I will then remind them that there is no doctor so people could fake their deaths. There could also be more than one mastermind.
You will have different choices in the game to give you the ability to investigate the case but once you made a choice you can't turn it back. I don't know if I really will be able to implement this but I am thinking of making a quiz at every end of an episode in which the player will be in need to answer questions about the hints he found and only if he gets a certain score he can start with the next episode.

And that is my current game idea!

I need:
-Writers (1/?)
-BG Artist (0/1)
-Music Artist (0/2)
-Proofreader (1/2)...(Since I am not a native english speaker)
-GUI- Designer (0/1)
-Sprite Artist (1/1) (?)
-and maybe a programmer (0/1)

For the Background Artist:
I seek detailed work. Also, most of the backgrounds will be in rooms of a mansion though I will need some outside backgrounds as well. please PM me with an example of your work so I can decide if I will accept your request to help. I also may make rough sketches of some rooms so you will have an easier time to draw.

For the Music Artist:
I already have one person who makes incredible music for my game but since I want there to be a rather big amount of music to be, I do not wish for that person alone to compose it. Scary tunes, tension filled tunes, suspenseful tunes, fast tunes etc. are what I wish for. Please PM me with an example of your work if you wish to help.

For the Programmer:
Sadly, there are still some things I am unable to program and since I will be the writer too it would just take too much time to also figure out how to program the things I am in need to.

For the GUI-Designer:
Please PM me with examples and also suggestions.

CURRENT UPDATE:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vvf8fci90lg3 ... 1.zip?dl=0

Note: The game itself will be made without money involved and available for free.

Note: The game will be updated in this tread and available to be downloaded from time to time so you can see the current progress.

Note: Please do not steal my idea and use it for your own.
Attachments
Concept/ Character art for one of the game's characters:<br /><br />Josephine
Concept/ Character art for one of the game's characters:

Josephine
Last edited by Ziaine on Sat May 20, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 18 times in total.

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios, Classical Projects

Re: [OPEN]Josephine(THRILLER) Writers/BG Artist/Music Artist

#2 Post by YzzaPizzaIsCheezy »

I'd like to work for a writer.
But i'm only gonna write one chapter. Is that okay or no? :)

Ziaine
Regular

#3 Post by Ziaine »

Maybe I misunderstand you so I apologize if this is the case.
Well this game is the whole 1 episode so you would help for this game. Of course you don't have to help me for the next episodes.

YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Regular
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios, Classical Projects

#4 Post by YzzaPizzaIsCheezy »

Oh. I overlooked that one.
:oops: I mean episode lol

Ziaine
Regular

#5 Post by Ziaine »

Well I accept your help gladly! I'll tell you the infos to the story per PM if thats okay with you. Just tell me what you want to know!^^

Ziaine
Regular

Re: [OPEN]Need BG and Music for my kinetic novel (thriller )

#6 Post by Ziaine »

I updated the current progress of the game:
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Jo ... .0-all.zip

Ziaine
Regular

Re: [OPEN]Need BG and Music for my kinetic novel (thriller )

#7 Post by Ziaine »

Ziaine
Regular

Re: [OPEN]Need BG Artist for my kinetic novel (thriller )

#8 Post by Ziaine »

Ziaine
Regular

Re: [OPEN]Need BG Artist for my kinetic novel (thriller )

#9 Post by Ziaine »

Ziaine
Regular

Re: [OPEN]Need BG and Beta Reader for kinetic novel (thrille

#10 Post by Ziaine »

So yeah the downloads should now work!^^ Someone told me that they didn't before:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4pu08obyf6na ... l.zip?dl=0

TheCracher

#11 Post by TheCracher »

I'd like to be a proofreader for this kinetic novel.
I find this concept very appealing.

Ziaine
Regular

#12 Post by Ziaine »

Thank you very much!^^

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: [OPEN]Need BG Artist for kinetic novel (thriller )

#13 Post by Ferdokki »

What kind of background art were you needing? (e.g. what style and what kinds of scenery?)

Ziaine
Regular

#14 Post by Ziaine »

Ferdokki wrote:What kind of background art were you needing? (e.g. what style and what kinds of scenery?)
I prefer it looking drawn, artistic (is that understandable?) but even so realistic. As examples, backgrounds like Umineko (the ps3 version) or Fate/Stay night.

The game wil be mostly in mansions so I will be in need of many rooms and only some outside shots.

Ziaine
Regular

#15 Post by Ziaine »

I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Various things happened so I did not have the time to post! But I am back!
So rather than explaining why I couldn't post let's start about the things I did in that time.

I have not explained it ( I think) but Josephine was planned as a prequel to another game. The reason why I didn't start with the sequel was that I simply couldn't create all the charas at the time. But now, I did it! And I was so eager to write the sequel so...

I have dicided to fuse both project together. Like the game is the sequel but in the menu you have the abbility to choose Josephine. You may download the current game to understand what I mean. I have written more of Josephine AND the sequel which I am going to call Rouletto. If you only want to continue to work with Josephine, that is completly fine. If you only want to work at Rouletto that is also fine! Of course you can also work at both projects together.

Another thing I decided is that I will shorten Josephine's planned four episodes to two episodes. But do not worry no planned story content shall be lost! The plot will just go on faster. This will be easier for me to write.

So to Rouletto! It wil be an episodic game too but...I currently do not have a clue how much...
To the story, Josephine so as all the others will be in the game too, but Josephine will be not the main character...She is pretty important tho...
It is a murder-thriller (is it called like that?) The plot is plainly explained once you'll read the game so I won't explain more.

I hope you forgive me and help me with this project! Please also forgive my selfishness!

Here is the game!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkhbzbu04nypp ... l.zip?dl=0

I hope it works!^^;