I'm looking for some people who would be interested in writing this story with me. The title isn't solidified and is just another one of my projects that I hope to see to fruition. The genre would be adventure/military/drama. Let me start with some background information and what I have so far:
Premise: MC is drafted into a war which seems to re-erupt in cycles. Faced with bitter enemies, his homeland fights numerous battles to shape the borders - hoping to encompass the resources that these countries depend on for survival. Stuck in a monotonous, never ending cycle of conflicts, MC is eventually shifted from the rear to the frontlines.
He spends a couple of a weeks in conflict, bonding with his fellow comrades and learning that war and the military is a fickle thing. After a pivotal and devastating loss, he wakes up on the battlefield, finding that his cherished comrades nowhere to be seen. Desperate to reunite with his comrades and to return home, he travels behind enemy lines to an ever furthering frontline, while in the process learning about himself and those he fought so viciously against. A story about growth, adventure, and one man’s journey through war.
I've pretty much done all of the outlining and story forming and have started writing the actual novel - what I would most likely need would be a fellow writer/co-editor to share the burden/confirm ideas, and a potential artist to help with any maps/character sketches. Priority would be placed on the co-writer. This would be a volunteer free project, so no pay/commissions. For those who wish to read more into the project, I have placed the temporary blogspot here: http://projectwornsoles.blogspot.com/
[Edit 5 Apr 2016 20:36]
I posted some supplementary information for your SA - hopefully this will better explain the direction of the story:
- Main character (heretofore referred as MC) lives in a small developing country during an alternate interwar period. He is balancing school work and a part-time job until he is drafted into the latest conflict between his country and one of its neighbors.
- MC is shipped off to the frontlines where he meets numerous characters and lives the daily life of war. Bonds develop and he observes and plays a part in the conflict. He spends his days fighting a villainized, relatively unknown enemy while watching some of his fellow in arms hypocritically perpetuating the same war crimes.
- During a large scale defense, he is knocked unconscious from a nearby artillery round - only to wake up a day later with his allies nowhere to be scene. With limited supplies he attempts to head home.
- Unbeknownst to him, the frontline in which he left from rapidly moves further away as he embarks on his journey home. As a solo traveler, MC will encounter not only the people directly affected by the war, but also the enemy that he had only fired at and never conversed with.
- Arcs will focus on individual areas or people - story is mostly character development with the emphasis of returning home.
If you guys need more information or would be interested in potentially joining, please feel free to post here. Thank you all for your time and hope to get in touch with some of you.