Project Reality Twist Looking, Artists and Musicians

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
SKmuffinEXE

Project Reality Twist Looking, Artists and Musicians

#1 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

Hey all, I'm a programmer when it comes to Renpy whose thought about this idea for a Visual Novel. It's an fantasy action story. When I picture it, I picture something along the lines of Rewrite by Key, or even Fate/stay with the fights.

Anyways, the basic concept of Project Reality Twist (Name will be changed, this is just its current name), is the main the character wakes up and has no knowledge. It's as if he's a new born baby that's trying to understand the world. He shortly figures everything out though, learning at an amazingly fast pace, before even learning how to control the world around him, and even unlock other peoples potential when it comes to powers.

For a more detailed information, you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y6k ... nfPSU/edit

Everything is subject to change when this project starts going underway. We'll do meetings on discord, a free web service which allows us to talk through mics on the web similar to Team Speak, Mumble, and Skype if you remove the video call option. Also, since I'm not sure how fast progress will be, as well as how busy those that apply will be, we'll probably do monthly meetings in the beginning.

Staff so far:

Programmers:
SKmuffinEXE

Artists:
Silveth (CG and Character Design)
HybridShadowz (GUI design)

Writers:
Zelan
Imprexxia
LuivenX

Musicians:

Interested in Joining?: Follow these steps.
1. e-mail me at: DEvangelista54@gmail.com
2. have the subject be: (role) - Project Reality Twist [ie. Writer - Project Reality Twist Recruitment]
3. In the e-mail, include your real first name
4. Include your alias
5. Include your Skype
6. If you want to be a writer/artist, you have to have a writing/art sample sent to me!
7. Send the e-mail.

What I'm currently looking for:

Background Artists

Musicians

Current Status

As of now, we're still planning out the storyboard. I've started working on a basic one, but I'm waiting for at least 2 of my writers to meet up in a discord conversation so we can plan it out together rather than me alone. Art on Alecia is also being worked on.
Last edited by SKmuffinEXE on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Newbie looking for Writer/Artist/Musicians for my basic

#2 Post by Zelan »

The premise is interesting. Although, I feel like it would be hard to have this character be a main character, especially in the beginning, since he doesn't know any language at that point. The very beginning would probably have to be told as some sort of flashback, but what might be better is having the story be told from someone else's point of view.

Either way, I'd be interested in learning more about any ideas that you have. Question - what is discord? I haven't heard of it before.

SKmuffinEXE

#3 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

Zelan wrote:The premise is interesting. Although, I feel like it would be hard to have this character be a main character, especially in the beginning, since he doesn't know any language at that point. The very beginning would probably have to be told as some sort of flashback, but what might be better is having the story be told from someone else's point of view.

Either way, I'd be interested in learning more about any ideas that you have. Question - what is discord? I haven't heard of it before.
The whole beginning section could be done in either 3rd person, or just have the character analyzing the area and quickly learning various techniques we take for granted, since once again he's suppose to learn at a faster rate than everybody. Though I do agree it'd be hard to have him as a main character in the beginning. However, I feel like it'd have to really improve how much detail we'd have to put into writing, hence why I liked the idea. Though, flash backs could work, I'm not sure if it'd have as much of an impact, however I'm free to discuss ideas anytime I possibly can.

Discord is like skype/mumble/team speak, but without video chat as of now. It's an online chat room where we can have numerous people in the room. It's more accurate to say it's like team speak the way its set up. I like this than Skype since they're both free, but takes less resources than skype, which allows those who have poor computers, like say writers or possibly musicians, to not lag so much and still be able to continue doing whatever they were doing instead of just focusing on the call, though I'd still like their attention to be focused on the discussion.

When I have free time, I'll probably update the opening of the post with any ideas I have at the time. Thank you for showing interest!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Zelan »

SKmuffinEXE wrote:
Zelan wrote:The premise is interesting. Although, I feel like it would be hard to have this character be a main character, especially in the beginning, since he doesn't know any language at that point. The very beginning would probably have to be told as some sort of flashback, but what might be better is having the story be told from someone else's point of view.

The whole beginning section could be done in either 3rd person, or just have the character analyzing the area and quickly learning various techniques we take for granted, since once again he's suppose to learn at a faster rate than everybody. Though I do agree it'd be hard to have him as a main character in the beginning. However, I feel like it'd have to really improve how much detail we'd have to put into writing, hence why I liked the idea. Though, flash backs could work, I'm not sure if it'd have as much of an impact, however I'm free to discuss ideas anytime I possibly can.

Discord is like skype/mumble/team speak, but without video chat as of now. It's an online chat room where we can have numerous people in the room. It's more accurate to say it's like team speak the way its set up. I like this than Skype since they're both free, but takes less resources than skype, which allows those who have poor computers, like say writers or possibly musicians, to not lag so much and still be able to continue doing whatever they were doing instead of just focusing on the call, though I'd still like their attention to be focused on the discussion.

When I have free time, I'll probably update the opening of the post with any ideas I have at the time. Thank you for showing interest!
I'll check out Discord when I get the chance. I realized that I didn't mention in my earlier post that I am an aspiring writer, and I would be willing to be a writer for this if we can get the idea fleshed out a bit more.

SKmuffinEXE

#5 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

Zelan wrote:
I'll check out Discord when I get the chance. I realized that I didn't mention in my earlier post that I am an aspiring writer, and I would be willing to be a writer for this if we can get the idea fleshed out a bit more.
That is awesome! I'm decent at writing, and at this early of a stage, the most important job. I'd also give a shot at writing the Visual Novel but time is going away due to the projects. However, programming with Renpy is something I should be able to easily make time to do.

Yeah, sorry, I got home a bit late but I'll update the OP either in the morning or in the afternoon when I'm available. I'll also probably reply sooner than on tuesday nights.

Edit: Or not. I lazily just wrote something just now, summarizing the ideas that can happen through the story.

SKmuffinEXE

Re: Project Reality Twist. Looking for anybody

#6 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

I started writing the prologue of the story itself. I'm sure it's nowhere near a professional level, but maybe it'll help writers out with the character since the beginning would be hard to write due to the nature of the character itself.

Also, once again I strongly need writers and artists! As of now, writers are more important than artists!

Silveth
Deviantart: sssilveth

#7 Post by Silveth »

Im still a beginner and likely to have an experience on working as a team.
count me in if you feel my skill is good enough for you~
i dont mind working for free as im aiming the exp, but if i got an order i have to prioritize the order first before this,
if it can be accepted, i would gladly joining~

SKmuffinEXE

#8 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

Silveth wrote:Im still a beginner and likely to have an experience on working as a team.
count me in if you feel my skill is good enough for you~
i dont mind working for free as im aiming the exp, but if i got an order i have to prioritize the order first before this,
if it can be accepted, i would gladly joining~
Sounds great! What services are you offering though? Writer? Artist? A co-programmer? Would be great to know so I can add you to the list.

Silveth

#9 Post by Silveth »

a, im sorry that ive forgot to fill that x'D
im an artist~
if you want to see my sample feel free to go to my deviantart~

SKmuffinEXE

#10 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

I've added you to the team then! Great to have you with us!

I checked your deviant art, and I really like your art. Your chibi art is pretty adorable. I feel like you fit the job pretty well.

Silveth

#11 Post by Silveth »

okay then, why not giving me the profile of the character so we can made the visual first while waiting for the other people join in~
sent it on the pm okay~

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Zelan »

SKmuffinEXE wrote:
Zelan wrote:
That is awesome! I'm decent at writing, and at this early of a stage, the most important job. I'd also give a shot at writing the Visual Novel but time is going away due to the projects. However, programming with Renpy is something I should be able to easily make time to do.

Yeah, sorry, I got home a bit late but I'll update the OP either in the morning or in the afternoon when I'm available. I'll also probably reply sooner than on tuesday nights.

Edit: Or not. I lazily just wrote something just now, summarizing the ideas that can happen through the story.
I made an account on Discord and it's really nice :0

I'm not familiar with Full Metal Alchemist (I don't watch anime), but I do like the ideas that you've got going for this game.

SKmuffinEXE

#13 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

Zelan wrote:
I made an account on Discord and it's really nice :0

I'm not familiar with Full Metal Alchemist (I don't watch anime), but I do like the ideas that you've got going for this game.
Alright! I'll make a discord server and send you the link to the chat via PM.

Discord is mainly used for gaming, but I use it for a variety of other activities like charity events, game development and other kind of uses. That and I love how less of a resource hog it is compared to skype, which lets those with less powerful computers able to freely use it.

SKmuffinEXE

Re: Project Reality Twist Looking for Writers, Artists and M

#14 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

Update. We have 2 new members, HybridShadowz, a GUI designer and Imprexxia, a writer.

I've also updated our post for our project and updated character bios.

Story Board Writing has started.

SKmuffinEXE

Re: Project Reality Twist Looking for Writers, Artists and M

#15 Post by SKmuffinEXE »

Hello everybody! New update! The first heroin of the project, Alecia, has prototype art being made!

We've also completely filled our writers role, so we no longer are in need of it, though if you really want to sign up, we may take 1 more.

We're still in search of background artists as well as musicians, so if you have any skills on doing that, feel free to send an application e-mail using the information in the top topic.