Closed~

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Closed~

#1 Post by Googaboga »

*The position has been filled*

Hi!

As the title says, I’m looking to hire a GUI artist for a commercial VN project.

What’s needed is the standard GUI set, a CG gallery, and a logo, though I’m considering having the logo and the rest of the GUI done by two different people.

Payment will be sent through Paypal in two or three payments at different stages of completion. When applying please send a price estimate for your services and at what points you’d like the payments sent.

The game has a fantasy steampunk setting. The GUI will have a lot of brown, silver, gold, and bronze tones, worn looking textures, and mechanical/gear details. If you don’t have examples similar to that style it’s alright. Just include some examples of your work when applying, the more the better.

I can only hire someone who is free to begin work immediately and has time to make some amount of progress every week until it’s done.

So, to be clear, if you’d like to apply you need to include;
-Reference(s) of your work
-A price estimate
-An acknowledgement that you can get started right away

If one or more of those is not included I won’t be able to accept your application. Feel free to apply by sending a PM or commenting on this thread. And don’t hesitate to get in touch the same ways if you’ve got questions/concerns.

Now about the project itself, it’s called A Foretold Affair. I don’t want to publicly announce anything until it has finalized GUI to go with it, so there isn’t a thread or dev blog yet. However, here’s a look at a couple sprites and BGs to get an idea of the game’s style.
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

A very basic premise is that the main character, Buffalo Seer (gender chosen by player), uses their magic ability to look into their own future and finds that some years down the road they are going to be married to someone they haven’t met yet. After this revelation Seer abandons the life they had in order to search for the person they saw in the vision. Seer does, of course, meet their future spouse but finds that the road to the future they saw isn't going to be a simple one.

The genre is; Adventure, comedy, friendship, drama, romance-ish, with a couple serious themes

Progress is probably about 10% finished in total. However, this is a relatively short project so it should be complete before the end of this year.

And that’s about it. Thank you for checking this out ^3^~
Last edited by Googaboga on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Cypher

Re: Hiring GUI Artist for Commercial Project

#2 Post by Cypher »

Hey. I can do a Logo for you guys for $8. If you want I can pm you some examples of a previous logo I a while ago.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Hiring GUI Artist for Commercial Project

#3 Post by Googaboga »

Sure. If you want to apply feel free to send me your examples :].
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices