Blood Lessons

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Septimus
Regular

Blood Lessons

#1 Post by Septimus »

Hi, it's been a long time since I last posted. Seeing as Deeplake has been put on hiatus for a while, I decided to start work on a little side project. Another of those pesky ideas took root in my mind and the result is this. It's just a short demo at the moment, but it should give an ample taste of things to come. Of course, I haven't even gotten into the real gameplay yet...

There are no character pictures so far, leaving this demo mostly like my other side project 'Little God'. In other words, you'll find blue-tinted backgrounds in the style of Tsukihime my main method of visual accompaniment to the story. If I finish this project then I may get some character pictures too, we'll see. Anyway, please try it out and tell me what you think so far!
Attachments
Blood Lessons - Demo-linux-x86.tar.bz2
Linux
(13.19 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
Blood Lessons - Demo-mac.zip
Mac
(13.52 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
Blood Lessons - Demo.zip
Windows
(12.76 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
Deeplake
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=2144
Demo released: 21/09/07
1st Route: 85% complete
Current wordcount: 151,660 approx.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Blood Lessons

#2 Post by monele »

- Nice music, where's it from?
- I like the blue backgrounds, it *is* stylish ^^
- The theme is dark but you manage to make it fun :D
- When the trio is talking, it gets confusing as to whose line is each. Try to add some narrative hint about it when you have more than two consecutive lines spoken by different characters.
- The first "preview title" is too long for the short time is stays on the screen
- Try not to put so much compression on the episode title picture (red)

Is this going to be a game or just an episodic KN? It feels somewhat game-ish from the theme (I'm reminded of a game with maids XD). Anyway, I love the whole badass thing and the kinda silly anime mood, so I'm looking forward to more if you're keeping up with this one :)