- Long game. As a novel, I planned this to be sixty chapters long. I've finished a rough draft of the script for the common route but it's pretty short compared to what I have planned.
- Routes that diverge into sub-routes. This reflects the paths that Terra can take. However, there would be minimal choices each leading to the sub-route or the ending. At least 3 endings for each sub-route.
- A novel route. This one would be the original ending I planned for the novel. NOT the true end, but there is only one ending despite being a sub-route with several chapters.
- 5 routes with 2 secret routes accessible from one of the original 5.
- Lots of endings some of which can be seen as 'good' or 'bad'.
- A true ending different from the novel route.
- A glossary for the made up fae languages
- Rated 17+ for gore, violence, possible non-explicit sexual content. (There will definitely be implied sex) Even without sexual content, this will touch some very dark themes not for children.
- If I ever get around to making this, it will probably be commercial.
Terra- The MC. Raised as a warrior princess in the strictly matriarchal society of Autumn who suddenly finds herself queen. Faced with difficult decisions, growing ambition, and a dark past, she must stand strong in order to maintain and strengthen the position Autumn gained after the Great War. Her name is sung in epics and whispered in stories as 'Terra Rayumi' or Terra the Warrior.
Prince Kailen- Prince of Winter and shows up in a second common route after the main one. Heir to the throne of the most isolated kingdom since the Great War. After being on the losing side of the war, his kingdom isolated itself and never again sent ambassadors to foreign countries nor received any from them. He could be petulant and irritating.
Lord Nels- Ruler of a small but influential city-state in the Outlands. He is an easy-going man whose personality belies his intelligence. He would do anything to protect his city-state from an invasion from Autumn.
Prince Damian- Heir to the throne of the Dark Court and son of Queen Mab. He is ruthless, cunning, and perhaps downright evil. He shares a past with Terra. Until now, despite nearly killing him in the Great War, there is still a certain allure about him that she struggles to resist.
Prince Mathil- A younger son of the Summer King. He is often said to be the best of princes for he has no ambition, only a desire for a better world than the one that emerged after the Great War. Secretly, he harbors insecurities about not being a good enough prince.
Prince Jael- Heir to the throne of the High Court. They call him the 'warrior prince of legends'. The son of the famous Queen Titania and King Oberon, he is heroic, brave, and the very image of a perfect warrior. He has a mysterious personality that draws people to him.
+2 secret routes
- When I opened my eyes, I was lying down on a bloody mattress inside a tent. My generals were gathered around a table poring over maps of Ohrel Forest.
- I try to get up but I feel a sharp pain on my side. Looking down, I see my abdomen covered in bandages underneath a thin, see-through shirt.
- (Ah, yes. A knife thrust...rebels...fighting)
- I finally understand my mother and her ambition.
- (Everyone thought Autumn was composed of brutish women and weak, effete men)
- They think we have no culture, they who speak our ancient tongue as a lingua franca.
- Then, as the High Priestess was about to place a crown of roses on my head, the warm afternoon sky darkened, the air turned chilly.
- And lightning flashed.
- The lightning illuminated a pair of large black wings.
- (I only know one fae with wings black and feathery like a raven's.)
1. What do you think of the concept?
2. What do you think of a non-nameable MC in an otome game?
3. Which of the LIs interest you the most?
4. Any feedback, criticisms, or suggestions?
7/24/2016 : Since I have some stuff written already, I've implemented the idea in Twine. I hope that when production starts, I'll have a good chunk of the story completed so that all that will have to be done are those I cannot do myself. Currently, I have a finished prologue and rough first drafts of the 4 chapter main common route.