[OPEN] Falling Leaves (Looking for Artists)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
OneManArmy77

[OPEN] Falling Leaves (Looking for Artists)

#1 Post by OneManArmy77 »

Current Team Availabilities: CG Artist, Logo/GUI Artist

EDIT: Just filled the editor slot! Thank you to all who applied!

Hello denizens of LSF! We here at Verasim Studios have been working on a VN for the past 6 months. While writing has been progressing rapidly, our art department is lagging behind slightly due to our artists leading normal lives outside of the studio and trying to make ends meet. Honestly, they should be ashamed of themselves; everyone knows a startup studio requires 90 hour work weeks and complete selflessness to progress. Jokes aside, we need artists willing to work on CGs, backgrounds or the logo to help things progress more quickly. Falling Leaves is a free project, and will be free for download on release.

Premise

"What happens when two suicidal people meet on a bridge?"

Falling Leaves starts on the town bridge where Daniel, a depressed college dropout, is in the process of trying to commit suicide. That is, until he spots a stranger named Olivia also trying to commit suicide. After talking each other down, the two head for shelter and coffee to avoid the rain. Daniel soon finds that Olivia has latched onto him in a figurative and sometimes literal sense, as she has no one else to turn to. The story delves into what both characters’ pasts mean to them, and what their friendship with each other means for their future.

Main Characters

Daniel is a 23 year old college dropout, working as a chef at a local restaurant. His depression stems from a series of unfortunate events, starting with failing out of college, and culminating with his brother's death, leaving him with an empty house. Jaded and guarded, he would like nothing better than to be left alone.

Olivia is a 22 year old Huntington's disease patient with little to her name save for the clothes on her back and a small collection of belongings in her bag. Although generally happy-go-lucky and gregarious, she would rather not talk about what brought her low in the first place. Due to her lack of connections, she has no one to turn to besides the apathetic Daniel.
Olivia Concept Art.jpg

Current Progress

In short, the break down is roughly as follows (Updated as of 4/3/17):

Writing: 40% done

Editing: 25% done

Music: 8% done (just inducted and brought new Composers up to speed, likely to be 20% by the end of the month)

Art: 0% (finalizing contracts and payment, and recruiting CG/GUI/Logo artists, expecting sprite sheets to be finished by mid summer)

General Information about the Studio

Regardless of whatever your speciality is, I’ll talk a little bit about what you can expect working as a part of the team. I firmly believe in a couple basic tenets of leadership. I know how valuable your time is, and will never intentionally waste your time, especially when it comes to meetings. Meetings are only held when I believe there is a good reason to have one, and will take as little time as needed. I also have an open ear policy: I will hear out every idea you have, but I reserve the right to have final say in terms of creative vision. That said, it has rarely been an issue, and everyone has significant creative input over the final product. I am understanding of delays and missing our deadlines when real life comes knocking as long as you communicate and stay in touch with me so I can adjust everything else accordingly.
- Alexander “OneManArmy77” Goldberg

Current Team Availabilities

We are currently looking for more artists, and an editor. We feel the other departments have enough, or more than enough, manpower to complete their work in a timely manner. However, if you have specific talents that you think would be useful to a project like ours, feel free to email us (check below for email address) and we can talk.

Application Info

We’ll be accepting applications through PM, but since we may not check it as frequently as we’d like, sending an email to strategysavantxiv@gmail.com will ensure the best response time. To help with communication and scheduling, we need to know your time zone and any general information about yourself that you are comfortable with sharing. We are currently using Discord for most communication, and we are also trying to use Trello to manage assignment more easily, so please ensure that you are willing to use these services. After that, a resume of recent works and a preview of what you can bring to the team will be required in order to gauge how good a fit you are for our team. Any pertinent experience you have would also be good to know.. Thanks, and we’re all looking forward to working with you soon!
Last edited by OneManArmy77 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RiteWrong

Re: [OPEN] Project Bridge: Looking for Artists and a Writer

#2 Post by RiteWrong »

I tried emailing, but I wanted to see if a post would have a faster response time.

Is this project still looking for a writer? I don't know how much I can help, but I enjoy simple slice of life things xD.

OneManArmy77

Re: [OPEN] Project Bridge: Looking for Artists and a Writer

#3 Post by OneManArmy77 »

Yup! We are currently still looking for a writer at this time. I check on here occasionally, so email tends to have better response rate overall. Id recommend doing both if possible.

OneManArmy77

Re: [OPEN] Falling Leaves (Looking for Editor and Artists)

#4 Post by OneManArmy77 »

Bump!

Lucky1443
Regular
Projects: SACRIFICE
Tumblr: Lucky1443
Deviantart: Lucky1443

Re: [OPEN] Falling Leaves (Looking for Editor and Artists)

#5 Post by Lucky1443 »

PMED
OPEN for SPRITE/CG ART viewtopic.php?f=62&t=38654 FREE TO USE ASSETS viewtopic.php?f=52&t=39634

banannasquid
Completed: Stalker and Yandere
Projects: Stalker and Yandere
Tumblr: banannasquid
Deviantart: infinitytentacle

Re: [OPEN] Falling Leaves (Looking for Artists)

#6 Post by banannasquid »

How many CG's do you plan to have? I'd be interested in applying but I'd rather not commit to a project that has 60 different illustrations by myself lol.
--

Finished projects:

OneManArmy77

#7 Post by OneManArmy77 »

Sorry for the late reply, but there are about 3-4 core CGs that need to be completed, and an additional 3 or so that we would like to have, but can work around their absence as well.

ColinMedia6
Regular
Projects: -LUXO- Love never ends,Alice In Wonderland X
Organization: Colin Media Productions
Tumblr: MisterOfChan
Deviantart: KisameHoshigakiRPG

#8 Post by ColinMedia6 »

LOGO!
Attachments
Falling Leaves title for OneManArmy77.png
Check out our new game: -LUXO- Love never ends here!
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=44063
Deviant Art now!
http://kisamehoshigakirpg.deviantart.com/