Seeking Varied Artists for a Horror/Romance Visual Novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Law.
Projects: TBA

Seeking Varied Artists for a Horror/Romance Visual Novel

#1 Post by Law. »

Currently looking for artists for a visual novel project called Haven Mansion.

Mainly needing background, music, and monster artists, but having a coloring artist around as well would be nice. (I won't need coloring if the background artist paints without lineart) Please do keep in mind that this VN will contain some sensitive elements, which I'll list at the bottom. If you are interested in either free or paid work, please contact me so we can figure something out. (Note: Characters & Monsters are already covered by http://kainkout.deviantart.com/)
(Music is not yet covered, but in the meantime I'll get the art ready before the music.)

Current Goal: Make a preview to finally open up a crowdfunding. (If the crowdfund is successful, I may be willing to pay more for art!)
Assets needed:
7 backgrounds
1 Monster
Possibly around 3-5 tracks.

Next Goal: Create Demo

Elevator Pitch: You and a group of friends are trapped in a building with a demon who tests your physical and mental prowess.

Synopsis of the story:
A group of eight highschool seniors take advantage of an offer by a local hotel to spend three days and nights with a 90% discount. After the three days of what seems to be paradise, they spend another night, and become trapped. They are enclosed inside a space around the hotel, with a giant field of magic keeping them inside. They realize they were transported into the dimensional gap, where the only way back home is locked golden door. The kids find out that a demon who calls himself Carmelo Argavorre has taken over. Carmelo tells the kids they all have to survive a (A month or more) inside this hotel overcoming trials which include riddles, scavenger hunts, and fights against demons and monsters with powers that he gives them, before they can get the key to go back home. The rewards are their powers, and 300 extra years of life. However, some of these kids aren't completely normal.

This story contains at least a little or a lot of:
-Nudity
-Sex
-Gore
-Explicit Language
-Psychological deterioration

Again, if you are interested, send me a note or email me at officialsekiryuu@gmail.com with your general rates and prices.

Thank you for your interest.
Last edited by Law. on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

Re: Seeking Varied Artists for a Horror/Romance Visual Novel

#2 Post by zankizuna »

Wow may I ask about the monsters to draw?
What type of monsters do you want? What existing monsters would you compare them to?
I can draw concepts of monsters! Particularly dragons, and beasts.
big fan of yugioh :P
http://raseru09.deviantart.com/art/Drag ... -534382736
http://raseru09.deviantart.com/art/INFE ... -556275636

Law.

#3 Post by Law. »

zankizuna wrote:Wow may I ask about the monsters to draw?
What type of monsters do you want? What existing monsters would you compare them to?
I can draw concepts of monsters! Particularly dragons, and beasts.
big fan of yugioh :P
http://raseru09.deviantart.com/art/Drag ... -534382736
http://raseru09.deviantart.com/art/INFE ... -556275636
The monsters encompass both machine and fantasy designs. For fantasy, mainly a mix between original designs and others based off of mythological creatures.

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#4 Post by csky »

Are you particularly looking for line-less backgrounds or anything? Do you have a specific style in mind? I draw quite particular backgrounds with solid that fit into a 2D world well (In contrast to those super realistic painted backgrounds)

Also, from your post you stated "Current Goal: Make a preview to finally open up a crowdfunding. (If the crowdfund is successful, I may be willing to pay more for art!)"
Does this mean that you won't pay for the first art until afterwards or does it mean that you are planning on paying for the art listed and then get more after crowd funding.

I'll inquire with examples after questions answered.

Law.

#5 Post by Law. »

csky wrote:Are you particularly looking for line-less backgrounds or anything? Do you have a specific style in mind? I draw quite particular backgrounds with solid that fit into a 2D world well (In contrast to those super realistic painted backgrounds)
Lineless or not, I'm very flexible with styles. It mainly has to agree with the mood of the story, and the art of my character artist. (Linked in the original post)
However if you need an example, a style I wanted yet failed to obtain permanently would be this:
http://img08.deviantart.net/29da/i/2016 ... a9u743.jpg
Also, from your post you stated "Current Goal: Make a preview to finally open up a crowdfunding. (If the crowdfund is successful, I may be willing to pay more for art!)"
Does this mean that you won't pay for the first art until afterwards or does it mean that you are planning on paying for the art listed and then get more after crowd funding.
It mainly applies to people who drop their regular prices/rates to reach a compromise. It means I'll pay you back what I owe you for the initial work. If plan to start off on a particular rate and do not wish to compromise, this wont apply to you.

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#6 Post by csky »

@Law. Thanks for your reply. I assume you probably have a whole lot of applications already. I still have a few more questions but I'll Pm you abut it with examples because there's no point in prolonging questions here if you don't want my art anyway or have already found someone.