[OPEN] The 7sin Contract looking for BG ARTIST!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
kibou-desuka
Projects: the 7sin contract.

[OPEN] The 7sin Contract looking for BG ARTIST!

#1 Post by kibou-desuka »

Hello! I am in the process of creating a visual novel with the pending title of 'The 7sin Contract', and I am looking for partners to help me make this project a reality and something that people will enjoy. It will be a somewhat short project that will be distributed non-commercially, and therefore helpers will not be receiving any physical payment in exchange for their work. It is a romance-fantasy girl x boy visual novel that revolves around vampires and the 7 deadly sins: Sloth, Lust, Pride, Envy, Wrath, Greed and Gluttony.

SYNOPSIS.

In the world today, there are humans and vampires. For a millennia, they have mingled together peacefully since the Great War between the most professional vampire hunters and the noble vampire royals (there are seven of them total). Now, vampires are required to make a contract with a human to drink their blood. 16 year old Momoya Umiyama is a normal human girl who somehow finds herself thrown into these 7 royals’ lives. She is forced against her will to choose one of them to become a “blood slave”, and she swears to one day bring them to Hell. However, she also finds herself unable to do so because of…

MAIN CHARACTERS.

· Momoya Umiyama (Heroine). Through certain circumstances, she gets dragged into the lives of the lives of the 7 vampire royals. Although she can be a bit stubborn and rebellious, she knows when to give up and she puts the wellbeing of others before herself.

· Ayumu (Lust). When it comes to romance, he is an expert but he is also fickle. He changes his love interests frequently, and he has made it his hobby to flirt with others, especially human women. For whatever reason, he seems to have a grudge towards Isamu.

· Hayato (Wrath). At first glance, he is intimidating. He has bursts of anger here and there, and this causes many to fear him. He threatens Momoya on multiple occasions, but she later realizes that he doesn’t really mean as much as it sounds… most of the time.

· Ichiro (Sloth). Just like what he is based on, he is seemingly lazy and doesn’t have the motivation to do anything (much to the others’ annoyance). However, they know better: although he’s unmotivated, he is also the oldest, and thus the strongest.

· Isamu (Envy). Bearing a quiet personality, not even the other royals know what is going through his mind. He seems to be shrouded in mystery and a bit self-conscious to talk about his background. On a few occasions, Ayumu describes Isamu as a yandere.

· Ken (Pride). Being the youngest out of the nobles, he carries a childish pride. Because he takes great pride in his position as a noble, he looks down on Momoya a lot, but she doesn’t seem offended (much to his secret surprise). In fact, she likes to tease him about how childish he can get.

· Hiroto (Greed). It seems as though no matter how much he gets, he still would want more for anything. Choosing him would kill Momoya until the end of time, but it’s not as though he can help it. He easily gets embarrassed and flustered, and falls for the others’ teasing often.

· Itsuki (Gluttony). Although cheerful and mischievous, he also craves Momoya’s blood more than anything… and he would go through any means to obtain it as well. He tries to drain her of her blood when they first meet; Momoya doesn’t and never will have good memories with him.

OPEN POSITIONS.

· Translator. I need someone who knows English and another language (preferably a more common language, such as Spanish or French) to translate the script. In English, the final product will contain approximately 37k word count total (or less). If someone is willing to do English to Japanese translating, then I may have Japanese voice acting in the game.

· Promotional artist. I need someone who can create promotional art to further spread the word about the game. This includes special/exclusive CGs (that may or may not be held confidential until a certain amount of downloads is reached upon the game's completion as "gifts"), and poster art. Anyone is open to this position!

· Background artist. Semide already has this position, but it's a bit overwhelming and we would appreciate any help, big or small with the backgrounds! Thank you for your attention; we appreciate any help!

Positions that are currently closed, but will be open in the future: Programmer, Voice actor/actress (Japanese?), Chibi artist.

APPLICATION.

If you are interested in applying for one or more positions, private message me or email me at kiboudesuka@gmail.com of the roles you want and some samples of your previous or mock work. If you have any questions, feel free to post a reply to this thread; I will try my best to reply back to you within a week. Thank you for your interest!
Last edited by kibou-desuka on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:24 am, edited 10 times in total.

kibou-desuka

08.23.16 \ Updates.

#2 Post by kibou-desuka »

· The composer for the basic music position has been filled: Ben Ulyatt. However, I am now accepting applications of composers who are willing to write character themes, so composing pieces that depict the character (so you will be composing a total of eight different pieces).

· The prologue draft is finished (the unedited and not yet proofread version) with a total word count of 2,168 words excluding small notes such as CG scene starting and ending. Speaking of which, I am still looking for a co-writer to work with on brainstorming the plot, coming up with creative and original scenarios, editing and proofreading, and even writing.

· I am prioritizing the Sketch artist and Sprite artist position as of August 23rd, 2016. I have gotten a few pending applications for these two positions, but I can still take more applications as well.

· A system has been decided for this somewhat short visual novel (it may be subject to change though): Each “day” will contain a day with a certain character. One of the choices will lead to the “good” ending, the other the “bad” ending. In the end, the player will have the option of which character to be with, but to get the good ending, they would have to make the right choice that pertains to that certain character; otherwise they get the bad ending.

· I would like to add in a quick note that this is based off a different variety of fandoms that already exist, some of it is more obvious than others. I would like to briefly note that in this post: this game is loosely based off of the following fandoms: SerVamp (vampires are based on the 7 deadly sins), 10 Days with My Devil (certain amount of days to choose one of the vampires), and Enchanted in the Moonlight (you'll know once you read the prologue).

· I would really like to make this visual novel a reality, and so I do need your help. So, if you are interested, please send me a private message with the position you would like to apply for; I promise I will not be mean to you!
Image Image

kibou-desuka

08.24.16 \ Updates.

#3 Post by kibou-desuka »

· The sketch, sprite and background artist position has been filled by a single person!: Semide (Sei). Many thank you's! I am still looking for a CG, logo and GUI artist as well. If you are interested, you can send me a private message or email me.

· A fixed number of CGs has been decided for the game: 16 CGs (one of them includes the main menu screen CG). There will also be a total of 2 group CGs out of those 16. I am looking for an anime style artwork for the CGs, for the most part.

· A new position has been opened for recruitment: Translator! The script is originally in English, so if you know another language, such as Spanish, French, Japanese*, Chinese, etc., and you would like to translate the script (the final product will be approximately 37k words), please let me know!

· A new position will be opened soon: Promotional artist. Being a promotional artist will include special CGs and artwork that help spread the word and promote the game.

· I have decided that all artists may add whatever art they do for this game may add it to their portfolio, as long as you mention that it is from the 7sin Contract to help spread the word to others!

· As of August 24th, 2016, the co-writer and CG artist position is prioritized. This means that you will receive the quickest reply if you apply for the co-writer and/or CG artist position.

· In addition to private messaging me, you may also email me at kiboudesuka@gmail.com for consideration (application). Make sure you put in an appropriate subject to ensure that your email doesn't end up in my Trash.

· I would really like to make this visual novel a reality, and so I do need your help. So, if you are interested, please send me a private message with the position you would like to apply for; I promise I will not be mean to you!

* If the game is translated into Japanese, voice acting in Japanese will be incorporated into the game, hopefully!
Image Image

kibou-desuka

New members!

#4 Post by kibou-desuka »

· A co-writer has been recruited: LuivenX!
· A GUI and logo artist has been recruited: minyan!
· A translator has been recruited: Cotton Blue! She will be translating the game from English to Spanish, so Spanish will be another available language upon the completion of the game!
· A character theme composer has been recruited: Antelope!

Many thanks to your contribution, guys!

· I am still in the process of the CG artist, so if you are interested in participating in the game, please feel free to either send me a private message or email me at kiboudesuka@gmail.com ; I want to make this visual novel a reality, so please apply if you are interested!

· I plan to have the promotional artist position opened up by this weekend!
Image Image

kibou-desuka

Ayumu sprite!

#5 Post by kibou-desuka »

You can view the full and higher-quality picture here.

This is the official sprite design for Ayumu, the vampire who is based off of the deadly sin of Lust! He is very handsome, isn't he? Many thanks to semide (Sei) for the artwork! I am still looking for a CG artist, so if you are interested, please send me a private message or email me at kiboudesuka@gmail.com! Any feedback is appreciated; I take all words to heart.
Image Image

kibou-desuka

08.27.16 \ Updates.

#6 Post by kibou-desuka »

· The Promotional artist position has been officially opened! I am open to any style of art, preferably semi or full anime style. This job will involve making posters and special/gift/exclusive CGs to promote and potentially spread the word of the game. Private message or email me if you are interested!

· A new position will be opened soon: Chibi artist! The job is to make chibi version of the characters; it will be opened once all the sprite designs for the main characters are done.

· The prologue (also known as "Day 0") is translated into Spanish! Many thanks to Cotton Blue for her services and hard work.

· I am still looking for CG artists! There may be more than one if need be. If you are interested in applying for this position, either private message me on this site or send me an email to kiboudesuka@gmail.com with some previous or mock samples of your work.

Image Image

kibou-desuka

08.30.16 \ Updates.

#7 Post by kibou-desuka »

· Semide (sketching/lineart) is going to work together with Enchant (coloring) to create the CGs of the game! minyan will also be coloring the sprites; many thank you in advance! With this, the CG artist position is formally closed until further notice.

· We are still looking for various positions, that includes Translator (preferably from English to Japanese) and Promotional artist; we are looking for people willing to make promotional arts: including exclusive and gift CGs, poster art, and some others possibly as well!

Image Image

kibou-desuka

Background artist position re-open!

#8 Post by kibou-desuka »

The background artist, Semide (Sei), is doing the CG sketching and lineart, the BGs, and the sprite sketching, line art, and color editing along with commissions that are paid. This sounds and is overwhelming. Please, if you are interested and free... We would especially appreciate any help on the backgrounds (as the CGs and sprites are being colored by Enchant and Minyan). If you are interested, please send me a private message or email at kiboudesuka@gmail.com!
Image Image