[PJ] (From CWDS site) - BREAKING NEWS

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Yang Sei Fu
Regular

[PJ] (From CWDS site) - BREAKING NEWS

#1 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

(from http://ClearWind.web1000.com/english/ondeca05.htm or http://cwds.hp.infoseek.co.jp/english/ondeca05.htm )

CWDS Makes it big!

Project Journeys takes Gold
at DECA Ontario Provincials 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(CWDS news, Feb/8/2005) ClearWind Design Studios founder, concept artist and scenario manager Jonathan L. Yeung has claimed first place in DECA Ontario's 2005 Provincial Competition Entrepreneurship Written Proposal (EWP) category. With an outstanding score total of 89.5/100, Project Journeys has finally proven itself of its ability to break through a new segment of the anime and gaming industry in the Anglophone market.

"The Snowing Clear Skies on April 29th", or "Project Journeys (PJ)" as called in-house, is a large-scale romantic interactive Visual Novel (VN), the first of its kind to be written originally in English and for English readers. Taking only the highest quality elements found in Japanese VNs, PJ has set extremely high standards on artwork, music and storyline. So far, we are still in 1st year of production, with the conception of this project beginning some one one-half years ago.

Project Journeys and CWDS has been proven to be a highly flexible operation and will definitely be a significant step to a foreseeable future in the anime-game industry.

http://ClearWind.web1000.com/pics/pwn1.jpg
http://ClearWind.web1000.com/pics/pwn2.jpg
Last edited by Yang Sei Fu on Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

OMG, easy with the pictures! Scrolling the text is paaaain! :?

Other than that, congratulations, good luck and everything we were wishing you before. :P
Oooh, wait, wait... check this metaphore...

"May your journey from Gold Paper to Gold Master be a short one."
8)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

I don't completely understand the event, but I guess it means you're doing well 8) I have to admit I was skeptical about your project to begin with, but you've been able to stick with it for a very long time so far. Maybe you'll be able to pull it off after all :D Keep at it!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#4 Post by rioka »

Wow, congrats!! It's definitely a good sign of things to come.

Btw, now that you've got this award under your belt, I can't help but feel that the stakes, pressure, and expectations is now higher than it was before for you guys... or maybe that's just me.

Anyways - good luck, congrats again, and don't forget us little people should you ever make it big! ;)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

Like the trenchcoat, but believe that the folding chairs behind you are of an inferior design. Like that matters. If possible, could you shrink the images a little? The large size makes this thread hard to read.

Seriously, though, I'm some what curious: What did this competition judge? Was it a business plan, marketing strategy, or something else?

Anyway, congratulations.

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#6 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

Details of my event can be found http://www.deca.org/publications/HS_Gui ... NW2005.pdf.

Basically, a proposal for a new or existing business and a request for financing. While I admit my plan is not perfect (and not error-free), it still managed a little something.

This field is a very unique one, and I am proud to be one of the few leaders in the market here. I consider it as a service to ourselves - the anime/ren'ai game fans. If one is able to do this, many others will follow.

The hard part is finishing this. Now that the first half of CWDS's DECA agenda is done, we are certain to produce up to half of the game (approx 3 times the size of the demo - but you're not getting a bigger demo XD)

If I win the INTERNATIONAL conference in Anaheim...or potentially get the attention of a few businesses on this continent...
Fans unite, our genre may have hope.
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

RedSlash
Veteran

#7 Post by RedSlash »

Hmm.. not exactly sure what you wrote for the competition but it sure does look like you have the business plan down! It's nice to see that you're sticking to your dream. Good luck with it!