Recruiting for Kinetic Novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
crysis99
Projects: Girl of my dreams

Recruiting for Kinetic Novel

#1 Post by crysis99 »

Hello everyone! I'm recruiting for a short Kinetic Novel I'd like to dedicate to a friend of mine. I'd need a whole team though, and it'll be a free project so no commission sadly. In any case, let me get on to the details.

Synopsis
The title is: Girl of My Dreams
Lily was the girl of my dreams. From "just another person" she soon grew to become "the girl of my dreams", and eventually my girlfriend. She was all I ever wanted in a girl, she was perfect. She was kind, she was hardworking and she was selfless. Perhaps it was silly of me to think that I'd find the same things in Evans. They may look similar but she was to me disappointment itself. This is going to end in heartbreak and I know it... (Names are tentative)

The VN is planned for < 1h, but it will depend on the writing.

Who am I looking for?

A Writer
If need be I can do this myself, but I'd like someone with more experience with writing VNs to help me with this. I'm looking for someone that is good with subtlety, and can make actions speak louder than words. Also, I've got the main gist of it outlined, so it'd be nice if you can work with that.

A Composer - For the BGM

Artist - For the BG and characters

UI Designer - For the GUI

I'll be taking care of the programming so that position does not need to be filled.

If you'd like to help do leave a message in this thread and do leave a sample of your work. Thank you so much for reading, and I look forward to working with some of you!
Last edited by crysis99 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

dueceladouce
Regular

Re: Recruiting for Kinetic Novel

#2 Post by dueceladouce »

I'd be willing to help, but what style of writing are you after? Its a bit difficult for me personally to offer up a sample without a little direction on how you want it to sound.

Will work in exchange for fight game buddies.

NialGrenville
Regular
Projects: PaS: The Awakening; The Heart Woods; The Witch and the Fairy
Organization: Gabe Works, Inc.

#3 Post by NialGrenville »

Ey, the mate has already given his direction. Synopsis is all ya need my friend. I'd be a proof reader for you. I'm not really into writing stories for other projects. I'd rather have the creator do that. But nothing stops me from pointing out errors or grammatical nuances in a story.

Proof reader, Most important aspect to everything in writing.

Also to dueceladouce, He seems to want a romance novel. He'll, of course, give you details on how the pacing and things go. The general direction still stands.

Guy meets girl, likes girl, dates girl, loses girl, and finally gets new girl who he is disappointed in. Expecting her to be much like the last one.

Pretty standard human to me, I'm just dying to hear the twist.

"O. Henry, my dear friend. The twist is simply a metaphor for breaking reality. What a fragile thing it is."
*Me*, *You, ***Calamazoo: *Singularity-A.I.*: *Proceed to processing
PaS: The Awakening, current status: 42%
The HeartWoods, current status: 0%
The Wonderful Mell! My PFI creator Honest Critique

dueceladouce
Regular

#4 Post by dueceladouce »

I get that its a romance, and possibly a tragedy as well. But I assume crysis99 has a specific idea on how they want it to sound, especially since its a personal project for a friend. Without some sort of scene set up or something to better explain the characters, I might as well just attach some of my other, unrelated writing as an example of my personal style.

Will work in exchange for fight game buddies.

NialGrenville
Regular
Projects: PaS: The Awakening; The Heart Woods; The Witch and the Fairy
Organization: Gabe Works, Inc.

#5 Post by NialGrenville »

dueceladouce wrote:I get that its a romance, and possibly a tragedy as well. But I assume crysis99 has a specific idea on how they want it to sound, especially since its a personal project for a friend. Without some sort of scene set up or something to better explain the characters, I might as well just attach some of my other, unrelated writing as an example of my personal style.
As far as it sounds. It's not really a tragedy, more just the life of a normal person. Like I said, I'm sure he has more details. He did provide prerequisites though. If he chooses you, that's when you get more information. He met the criteria for posting. So he obviously did the regulated details. Like I said, pretty standard human.

None the matter, you probably should provide reference. I agree there. Have fun writing though!
*Me*, *You, ***Calamazoo: *Singularity-A.I.*: *Proceed to processing
PaS: The Awakening, current status: 42%
The HeartWoods, current status: 0%
The Wonderful Mell! My PFI creator Honest Critique