[IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

UPDATE 13/2/2023!

#541 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi, guys! What's up?
How was your week? Mine was very exciting because...

It's official! We're almost there! 😭 23 pages got programmed in, 5 left!​
I'm very excited but I'm also scared to disappoint you... I mean, the antagonist route is either a hit or a miss so I can't help but worry about it, especially the ending Q_Q I think I need to consult my proofreader once she's done reading it ><;
Either way, I've planned a variety of CGs for the ending and epilogue! Please wait while I slowly go through them & polish the script until I'm satisfied :'D let me fuss over it like an overconcerned parent, okay?

Other than that, I also still have the mini Encyclopedia to work on. My estimation is... Bermuda will be ready to be released at April (after polishing, finishing the CGs, & proofreading), but as usual, please take it with a grain of salt because I'm horrible at estimation :")

With that said, I hope all of you had a great week!
Let's keep working hard as usual! I hope all of you are healthy and happy no matter where you are -^.^)/
xoxo,
SweetChiel

----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Support me on:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SweetChiel
or buy me a Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/sweetchiel

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 20/2/2023!

#542 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi, guys! What's up?
How was your week? I'm really busy these days, my day job is having some rush hour because aside from our game project, we want to do marketing in March and there are lots of assets to prepare for 2 video game teaser/posters for ads and we're short-handed ^^;

Anyways! Bermuda is doing quite good!

- I've finished programming the rough epilogue for the Antagonist. ​But I'm having second thoughts :'D This week, I'll try to write some alternatives or maybe ask some advice from my proofreader later...
- 1 CG is on base color stage + 1 CG sketch for the climax/closing scene before the ending. ​I'm planning to have 4 additional CGs. 2 are as mentioned; already on progress, +1 for the bad ending, and maybe a sequence of simple drawings for the epilogue? (I count it as 1 CG, but honestly, I haven't decided which epilogue to go with x_x)

The first CG is going to have 3 variations though. Depending on which path it'll go to (good end or bad end), the CG will change accordingly.
I'm going to need some time to finish the CGs because other than being busy with my day job, I want to do my best in catching/expressing the emotions Q_Q

I hope you still have the patience to wait just a bit longer T^T)/
In return of your generosity & everlasting support, I'm posting the full preview of the CG I'm currently working on + progress stages from sketch to lineart to basic color on my Patreon for $5 patrons. ​Be warned that you will be spoiled about who the antagonist is + a big hint about what the final fight is all about (it's probably not what you're thinking :'D)

I hope I can do these last CGs justice--but no matter what, let's continue to work hard and do our best! >:')

Well, that's it for now! I'm ready to crash the bed!
Thank you as always for visiting & sparing some time to read this update ^///^ I hope all of you are well & see you again next week!
xoxo,

SweetChiel​

P.S. if you have some questions, don't hesitate to comment down below!

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 2/27/2023!

#543 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi guys! What's up?
I'm really sorry for the late update, it was really hectic today and I actually almost forgot to write this :'D

But the good news is Bermuda's progress is doing very good!
- 2 CGs with its variations are done! ​One have two variations while the other one have 5 variations (minor adjustments), but overall, I'm quite satisfied with how they turned out ^///^ 2 down, 2 more to go! (Bad end & The End Epilogue)
- I've decided on an Antagonist Epilogue & I'm done programming it! ​Now the problem is... I've decided to make a story telling images for the antagonist epilogue---and before you ask, yes, it's in a fairytale style, like the main bachelors' past lives stories ^^; there's also The End Epilogue CG so... yeah.
I'm going to have a lot of work to do for the epilogue (why am I doing this to myself), this almost feels masochistic, but I really want to do my best so please bear with me just a little bit longer :'D

Another good news is, my main proofreader, KiiAnima, will start working this Friday/Saturday!
​Here's hoping I've improved so she won't find any problems/plotholes to fix >_<;

With that said, my work is going to involve lots of drawing so wish me luck :'D
I only hope my day job won't require me to do any overtime. I barely have enough time to work on Bermuda these days, but they said, I might have to because currently, we're really chasing the deadline for marketing purposes. Well, whatever happens, I'll keep you updated! ><

Welp, that's it for now!
As always, thank you for sparing some time to read this update and I hope all of you are in good health ^///^
Drink lots, don't skip your meals, and smile!
xoxo,

​SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 3/6/2023!

#544 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi guys! What's up?
I'm sorry for the late update, I honestly almost forgot again ^^;
Things are still hectic over here and a row of my old laptop's keyboard stopped working (4 R F V). Thank goodness that I've finished the programming, eh? Because I don't have time to bring it to a service store :'D

Bermuda's progress is still going steady!
- Finished drawing 2 CGs! (Bad end & The end). Once, I had to re-do a lineart because my Paint Tool SAI crashed & I forgot to save it :')
Let this be a reminder for all artists; always remember to save your new art/sketches!
- My proofreader, KiiAnima has started working! She said I've gotten better with English! Yay! <3
Like me, she also has a day job now, so she can't work as fast as she usually can--but who knows? Maybe I'll still be working on the mini Encyclopedia & she'll be finished already! I'll keep you updated ^.^)/

The things left on my to-do-list is the Epilogue Fairytale simple CGs & the Mini Encyclopedia. Oh, I also need to prepare some simple images for the steam ads marketing that is coming soon on April. With that said, here's hoping things will go smoothly for both Bermuda and my day job!

Like always, thank you for sparing some time to read this update and I hope all of you are well ^///^
Drink lots, don't skip your meals, & rest plenty! Let's keep working hard, everyone!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 13/3/2023!

#545 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi guys! What's up?
I'm still busy over here, but it's finally on a manageable level X'D
My laptop's keyboard is still making trouble; 4 R F V are unresponsive so I've got to make do with virtual keyboard for now.

- First, I've finished the images needed for Winged Ones' steam marketing purposes. The company will take care the rest (1 video to do left).

- Antagonist Epilogue fairy tale CGs progress is at 60%! ​I decided on a simple style with 2 frame animation, so the pictures will slightly move -^.^)/ Currently, I'm at 13 images and still counting (26 if you count the frames). If things go smoothly it should be finished next week!

I want to show you what the epilogue looks like, but I can't really upload a sneak peek now without spoilers @@
But if you still want to see it, I'm uploading two samples on my Patreon for my 5$ patrons. This is special thanks to all of you who has helped me financially & for sticking with me for so long QuQ

Last but not least, I can't wait to work on the Mini Encyclopedia--I really need to re-visit my old folders ^^; hopefully, the materials are still there. If not, I think I'll need to do another research for the involved references T_T

As always, thank you for reading this update <3
I hope all of you are well and happy no matter where you are! ^///^
Drink lots, don't skip your meals, and rest plenty! See you again next week!
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 20/3/2023!

#546 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi guys! What's up?
How's life? I'm still as busy as ever but I've never felt so fulfilled before x'D

Good news! I've finished drawing the Antagonist Epilogue fairy tale images!
Guess how many there are? 31
😂​ (62 if you count the secondary images to animate them).

​I'm really happy that we're done with that! I haven't programmed them in yet, I'm thinking about finishing the other assets first so I can program them all together at once. Next one on the list is researching the mini Encyclopedia materials & make the gallery images >:)

Wish me luck because my memory is blurry & I think I need to re-do the research x_x
I hope I can finish it in a week, but we'll see. The company I'm working with is still in rush hour, because they're planning to release a new game at the end of March >< That, and we're still looking for a way to compress Winged Ones in order to release it on Google Play. Our programmer is working really hard these days ^^;

With that said, I hope we'll reach our goal & no big problem will pop up ^.^)/
That's it for now and thanks for reading this update! Let's keep working hard & giving it our all!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

P.S. Don't forget to drink lots, eat your meals, get plenty of rest, & smile! XD

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 27/3/2023!

#547 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi, guys! What's up?
How did your week go? The weather is unbearably hot these days but sometimes, a storm will also come without any notice ^^;
It's during these times that I'm grateful I'm able to work from home so let's keep working hard! >:)

The good news is I've finished the asset needed for the Mini Encyclopedia!
Here's what the front page will look like:

Similar vibes with Winged Ones, right? It's intentional x'D

I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now though... You see, I want to display some real-life photos here, but since this is a commercial project, I must ask for permission first. The problem is, I can't contact any of the owners Q_Q they haven't replied until now, so I have to change my plans for the artbook/encyclopedia content.

With that said, my plans for this week is to program in the Encyclopedia and the antagonist's epilogue CGs! After that, I will slowly work on the promised artbook for my supporters who pledged on Indiegogo <3

My proofreader is also still hard at work, but I'll update you as soon as she finished -^.^)/ for now, let's use our time wisely and productively!

As always, thanks for reading this update! No matter where you are, I hope you're happy and healthy.
Drink lots, don't skip your meals, and let's continue working hard together! >:D
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/10/2023

#548 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi, guys, how did your week go?
Mine was... *sigh*...

Tonight, I bring you a sad news...

My little princess, Kiara, departed suddenly to the rainbow bridge...
We went to the vet first thing in the morning because she's having difficulty to breathe since last night. Got an X-ray, her respiratory tube looks fine with no narrowing but we can't see her lungs/heart condition due to obesity. We went home to wait for the result of your blood test, but then... she got seizures and departed 30 minutes later in my arms...

I thought I'd at least be able to spend 4 more years with her. I should've taken care of her better. I know that she's been struggling with obesity ever since we sterilized her, but I underestimated it and here I am paying for it...​

You are a good girl and you will always be the best husky I can ever ask for. I'm sorry that I can't be a better owner for you...
Wait for me at the rainbow bridge with the others, okay? ​ Be at Peace...

Date Of Birth: 8th March 2017
Date Of Departure: 10th April 2023
Cause: Sudden Heart Attack

​After cremation, we're planning to spread her dust into the sea. I don't think I can go with my mother though. It's too hard and too heartbreaking for me. Juno looks confused during her final moments, but I think he understands what's happening because he's not throwing a temper when we went out of the house twice today without him.
...With that said, here's some progress I did for Bermuda's artbook:
- Finished writing the draft for the Character pages; Maya, Guntur, Arya, and Kahlil. ​
- After some consideration, I think it's a good idea to compile all of the Q&A sessions we've had before, so I did.
If I didn't count incorrectly, there are a total of 110 questions.
- The last time I asked, our proofreader, KiiAnima, is at "Script 3". ​

I'm sorry guys, but I'm in a really low mood tonight. I cried a lot and when I thought I ran out of tears, it came out again when I saw her ash urn. I will do my best to cheer up and get back up again, but for now, I'd like to grief.

Thank you as always for sparing some time to read my update. I hope all of you are well & happy no matter where you are :')
xoxo,
SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 4/17/2023

#549 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi, guys. What's up?
How did your week go? Mine was depressing :')
Today, I find myself grateful. Grateful because I've finished Bermuda and handed over the proofreader to someone I trust... Because my mind went blank last week when I opened the doc. document for the artbook...

I'm sorry everyone, as much as I wanted to make some progress for the artbook, I can't seem to find the motivation to do anything after my day job. Not because I'm physically tired, it's more like my mind doesn't want to do anything these days. My heart feels heavy, I think I'm still grieving. We have cremated Kiara and spread her ashes to the sea, but I miss her very much. Whenever I'm stressed out, I would always hug her and bury my head into her fluffy neck fur. She has the softest fur I've ever known, but she's gone now... I hug Juno very often now, but it's not the same. Rather, I've become more cautious and dread the day when Juno will also leave me. He's 7 years old now and while I don't want to think about it and cherish the present, Kiara's passing made me think about a lot of things. The funny thing is, as a doggo lover, I know the risks, I know the joys and sorrows that comes with it. But like a masochist, I keep coming for more :'))

One good news I can tell you is I've backed up Bermuda in my HDD. ​So I don't have to worry about anything happening to it. I just need to wait for the proofreading to finish and polish it again. As for the artbook... please bear with me, I'm still trying to get my mindset back on track. I'll also still write updates every week to let you know what I've been up to.

With that said, for now, I will busy myself with my day job and try to find peace by hugging/petting Juno. He is very obedient these days and no matter how hot the weather is, he'll still let me hug him... here's hoping I'll return to my usual self soon ><

Until then, please take care of yourself and stay healthy!
Don't skip your meals, drink lots, and rest plenty!
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

XxshimyxX

Re: [IndieGoGo LIVE] Nusantara:Bermuda Triangle [GxB]

#550 Post by XxshimyxX »

Hello! it's been a while!

and I have just read your latest entry and all I can say is that I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're feeling better and that you're taking good care of yourself!
experiencing this feeling is never easy no matter how many times we go through it in this life.
by saying so, I hope you're not forcing yourself to get some progress done, instead, I hope you take the break needed to mend your heart

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 24/4/2023

#551 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi, guys! What's up?
How did your week go? Mine was a bit better than two weeks ago and I was able to get some work done for my artbook X')

Last week, I dreamed about Kiara.
It was just an ordinary dream, where I was at home. Kiara appeared at the doorway and I hugged her as usual. I remember burying my face into her neck fur, but she didn't smell like anything, which is weird because I bathed her recently so she should've smelled like soap. But then she whined and I forgot all about it. After that, she followed me to my room and I hugged her again... the dream ended here. It was pretty short, but I also remember that she's thinner. I think she wanted to show me that she's alright & has gained a healthy body now? In any case, it makes me feel better now :') It was a short visit, but I get to see that she's alright.

I've not fully-recovered yet, I still need a bit more time but I'm able to do some work on my artbook now. At least I don't come up blank again so yay~ x'D

Anyways, here's today's weekly report:
- Proofreading progress is now halfway through script 4! ​KiiAnima is working hard, let's cheer for her!
- Finished polishing Maya's thoughts! ​I also almost missed a scene where I'm supposed to show you a certain CG ><; luckily, I found out about it!
- I wrote the draft for the Background pages. ​I'm not sure whether I'm done with this one or not, there's a lot of backgrounds but I'll probably work with it as I go through the sketches/backgrounds pages~

After this, I think I'll busy myself collecting the materials for my artbook; sketches, background progresses/step by step, character sprites, ​any polishing I did... I also wanted to add some photos I used as references for the Hakim Road, the Ruins, and the Autumn Village, but unfortunately, I can't contact the owner of the photos I used so I can't show them to you to be on the safe side Q_Q

Well, that's it for now! As always, thank you for sparing your time to read my updates and I hope all of you had a great week ^.^)/
Don't skip your meals, drink lots, and don't forget to smile, okay?
xoxo,
SweetChiel

P.S. the Q&A session will have to wait because I'm still working on my emotions :'3

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 1/5/2023!

#552 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi, guys! How was your week?
I'm doing quite well now, definitely better than last week -^.^)/ If I have to rate my condition from 1 to 10, I should be around 7 or 8 now.
I thank all of you who have voiced your concern & support <3

With that said, I was as busy as usual and when I'm done with my day job, I spent the rest of my time rummaging through my old files and Patreon to compile Bermuda's Artbook assets >_<;

Honestly, there's so many of them! From sketches to characters, CGs, background progress/step by step... and I haven't decide on what layout to use yet! I figure I should use the landscape composition if I want to fit the step by step tutorial into 2 pages max, but what color/overall theme should I use?

At first, I thought Journal style like the CG/Encyclopedia in Bermuda's screen won't be so bad... This was my first attempt and I failed miserably because it looked more like a children's book 😂​ so I had to scrap this one. Maybe I should stick with minimum modern? (white background with simple texts, keep colors to minimum so you can focus on the art displayed). The book itself wouldn't be too big if you want to print it, the resolution I used for the game is 1066x599, so most of the pictures are that size except for the main character sprites and some CGs/backgrounds. I don't quite remember why in the world I decided on that number, maybe to save space/game size?

​So... yeah, I've been busy experimenting with the artbook layout while also collecting the old assets at the same time. This is not my expertise so a single page will take a lot of time to make due to me being indecisive/not quite satisfied with it x_x please bear with me, I really can't ​rush it. KiiAnima my proofreader is still working hard, but when she's finished, I will prioritise polishing the game & deliver it first to you so you'll have something to do while waiting X'D

I think that's it for now? Other than work, I've also been a little distracted with watching Bramble the Mountain King walkthrough & playing Honkai: Star Rail these days. My Genshin Impact account have been neglected since I got my new job, but when they suddenly release a new game, I found myself spending what little free time I had left to install it :')) but I guess the distraction is welcome, I haven't been sad/thinking about depressing things for a while now!

So yeah, that's it for now and see you guys again next week! \(^.^)/
Eat your meals, drink lots, and don't forget smile! I hope you're all healthy no matter where you are
xoxo,

SweetChiel

----------------------~(O.O)~----------------------

Q&A session is back! ​Feel free to submit them via comment down below!

1. What pets would everyone like to have? ---by: C

Kahlil: "I'm glad you asked!"

Guntur: "Oh no, here we go again..."

Kahlil: "My favorite animal or the one on top of my pet list would be a CAT! Puppies are also not bad, I once had a hamster but you know what happened to it, I never had a fish pet before but I'd like to have one given the chance, lizards or reptiles like snakes would also be cool! Oh, but spiders would be a bit of a strech, but--"

Guntur: "And there he goes. You have no idea how much trouble I get from Kahlil bringing in strays into our apartment."

​Guntur: "When I get my own house, I don't mind getting one or two dogs, but that's it."
Arya: *scoff* "I don't get what is so fucking appealing about keeping pets."

​Arya: "They're troublesome to take care of. Cats? They scratch, they drop and break things, they wake us up on ungodly hours. Dogs? They lick, they chew, they droll, and the big ones will destroy the house."

Arya: "Most importantly, they are short-lived. Once we finally settle down and grow attached to them, they'll die. Thank-fucking-God I don't have the time nor commitment to spare."

Guntur: *snicker* "You sound well-informed for someone who's not interested in pets. Have you had any of them?"

Arya: *glare* "What do you think?"

*Kahlil is still talking in the background, his pet list is so long, it sounds like like he's describing a zoo*​

2. What pets would they absolutely not want?​--by: C

Kahlil: "Easy, bugs. They're too small and hard to take care of. What if I step on them?"

​Guntur: "Anything with fleas is a no."

​Arya: "Any kind is a NO. I'm not a fucking pet person. Never been and never will be."

Support me on:

​​

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 5/15/2023!

#553 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi-ya, guys! What's up?
How did your week go? Mine was full with anticipation and excitement x'D

- First of all, I safely upgraded my Ren'Py from 7.0.1 to 8.0.3~
​I was afraid it'll mess with the minigames codes, but so far so good? Except for the countdown bar that is now pausing every 1 second (doesn't look like it's sliding), the minigames are still going well. I tried to fix it but it creates a new error so I don't dare to touch it Q_Q However, I plan to re-play all the routes after KiiAnima finished proofreading them & polish them at the same time :3​

- KiiAnima is now at the middle of Script 5! ​It's one of the longest chapters, but she said it should be done by Thursday! She's really doing great & even found some loopholes that I failed to notice >_<; let's cheer for her!

- Added 1 item icon, its variation & info for the 'belongings' in the status window. ​I almost forgot to add this item, it's the last one in the list :'D

- Finished 5 pages for the artbook! It's Kahlil's pages & I'm pretty satisfied with them. I'm still hesitating when it comes to layout, but I decide to stop hesitating/overthinking, use the materials I have right now, & polish them later >_<;
Here's another page sample~

Can you imagine it? Page 3 and 4 will look like a combination; a very long page with a very big image. Every new chapter, I will use 1 and 1/2 pages to display one of my highest resolution backgrounds/images ^.^)/

Other than that, work is still as busy as ever but I swear, it's getting so hot these days x_x someone send me ice, please!
How about you? I hope all of you are well & healthy, please drink lots & rest plenty!
If you're having a hard day, take some time for yourself, rest, watch a movie, or do something to take off your mind of it <3
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 5/22/2023!

#554 Post by SweetChiel »

Hi, guys! What's up?
How did your week go? My dayjob is only getting busier these days 😂
The programmer is concerned that the game is too repetitive so he keeps changing/adding/polishing things. Funnily enough, this reminds me of the time where I overthink everything & worry excessively--when in fact, I need to finish the game & see it as a whole first before I can see what needs to be polished/fixed. He's quite stubborn about this too, but I hope he'll make up his mind soon so we can finish this off & continue with where we left off with Winged Ones' google play release :'D

On the other hand, my artbook is doing quite well!
- 7 pages are done last week! Guntur's character & CGs designs are done! I also polished Kahlil's pages :3

- I found a new BGM for the antagonist's epilogue! The title is "A simply Sad and Emotional Music Box Song" by Ralpi Composer on youtube! I already asked their permission and they generously agreed to let me use it for Bermuda ^///^ They create lots of beautiful music & copyright free, so if you're interested, you can go to their channel <3

While waiting for KiiAnima, I also did some checking here and there with the programming. The newest version of Ren'Py doesn't use Jedit anymore for coding, so in its stead, I'm using Visual Studio Code now. Fortunately, it seems easy to use! I'm crossing my fingers for no big errors to pop up 😂

Another good news is: I found the Winter Robe raw .psd file! I'm so happy that I found it! It's hidden in one of my HDDs! With this, I'm planning to add new pages, featuring the main bachelors standing side by side with their various clothes in high definition + adding some fun fact notes in there -^.^)/

I think that's a wrap for this week's update. I hope all of you are doing well & work/school hasn't been tormenting you too much x'D
Please eat your meals, drink lots, rest plenty, & don't forget to smile <3
See you again next week~
xoxo,

SweetChiel

Support me on:

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 5/29/2023!

#555 Post by SweetChiel »

​Hi guys! What's up?
How did your week go? I can finally catch a breath now ^.^)/
Most of my work is done, just waiting for the programmer to finish & the plan is to publish the game on 1st June--here's hoping we won't delay it anymore x'D
On the other hand, Bermuda's artbook progress is doing great! ​

- 8 pages are done! ​This time, I worked on Arya's pages and I'm happy with the result <3
We're at 31 pages now and still going strong! I also found out that if I save the pages in PNG, the result will be much cleaner & higher in quality than JPEG! I won't need to worry about them becoming blurry anymore! OuO)b

So far, the most crowded pages are probably the "Early Design" and the "Clothes & Pose Variation". Each page is unique and I added some comments here and there~
I also re-check the pages often, because sometimes, I forgot to add some specific images/get the page number wrong. Ah, but some CGs have too much variations so I had to cut them down to 2 😂

​Overall, I'm quite proud with the result so far! I'd love to let you see some samples, but maybe later when I'm almost finished with it?
For now, I'll post a preview on my Patreon for my $5 Patrons >_<;​ it's been a while since I shared anything exclusive, so this is a much needed opportunity~

With that said, thank you as always for sparing some time to read my update~
I hope all of you are healthy no matter where you are and don't forget to smile! \(-^.^-)/ *offers a hug
xoxo

SweetChiel

-----------------------~(OuO)~-----------------------

Support me on: