Need help with title of a game

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Need help with title of a game

#1 Post by jack_norton »

Yes I've not finished yet Heileen but I've started another game :lol: actually for this one I haD already all art ready, but I made some experiments in Renpy during past months to see if I could write it completely with it, since will feature some combats (it's a sort of princess maker clone). After learning a bit of Python I think yes (anyway have some contacts with other renpy programmer I can hire to help me if I can't make it)!

I have put the temporary title of "Spirited Heart"... but don't know if it makes any sense or if sounds stupid :lol: basically in the game there are 3 races with 3 different girls to choose, and they'll grow up until they find a job (yes, like princess maker indeed). I wanted the game title to mean something like "the path of life", or "you make your own destiny"...I hope made myself clear, is hard to explain that in english! anyway if someone has any suggestion, I'd like to hear it :)

This is a screenshot of the WIP (character selection):
character selection
character selection
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Need help with title of a game

#2 Post by PyTom »

I actually like "Spirited Heart", although I would probably pluralize it into "Spirited Hearts", seeing how you have art for multiple girls already.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by jack_norton »

Ah cool, so that name actually makes sense in english 8) good, might just use that then.
computer games

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

While I'm not sure it expresses "the path of life", I also like the title. It just sounds good.
As for the the screenshot..... aaaah! Terrible choice to make! *hesitateshesitates* ._.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by jack_norton »

Well I know for sure that all males will end up choosing the demon girl :lol:
computer games

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by monele »

Well I hesitated mostly between her and the elf girl and, for some reason, thought I might try the elf one first (if only to avoid all those "running away" sequences that gave me trauma in Princess Maker 2 XD)

Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

#7 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Spirited Heart singular seems to make sense, since you'll only be working on one girl at a time (or so I've gathered).

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by N0UGHTS »

I actually like Spirited Hearts. It says nothing to me about life or destiny, but what the heck. It sounds fine.

There are men! Or other women, right? As in, does it have romance? Though I can play without romance.

Argh... Can't choose... Though you're right, I am leaning towards the demon girl. Because I know she's the one who is (or will end up) as masochistic.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Jake
Support Hero

#9 Post by Jake »

Tsuki-chan wrote:Spirited Heart singular seems to make sense, since you'll only be working on one girl at a time (or so I've gathered).
So is it the girls who don't have hearts, or the protagonist...? ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#10 Post by Midnighticequeen »

Spirited Heart is a nice title but I agree with PyTom, Sprited Hearts would sound better. Your character graphics are amazing! It looks awesome already and I like the whole choose your whole destiny thing.

abominatron

#11 Post by abominatron »

Someone who is spirited in English means someone hard to control, like a spirited horse. It's a very romantic type of thing to call a girl. It means she's a spitfire (like, wild).

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by N0UGHTS »

I think jack_norton means "Spirited" as in "spirited away." Maybe the "Spirited Hearts" title is like some sort of metaphor on how people grow into adults, and their childhood tendencies disappear...
Must... call... you... "jackie-boy"... but... do not... want... Ah.. J... J... Jackie Chan! Zackie-boy! ...I'm melting...
Or maybe my interpretation is completely off. :p
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by jack_norton »

Heh no, actually I thought about that name looking in the dictionary for synonims for wild, untamed, so is more close to what abominatron said. Anyway is cool if has also that other meaning, but I mostly wanted a title that "sounded good" and "made sense" in english, so looks like it is a good one! 8)
computer games

abominatron

#14 Post by abominatron »

N0UGHTS wrote:I think jack_norton means "Spirited" as in "spirited away." Maybe the "Spirited Hearts" title is like some sort of metaphor on how people grow into adults, and their childhood tendencies disappear...
Must... call... you... "jackie-boy"... but... do not... want... Ah.. J... J... Jackie Chan! Zackie-boy! ...I'm melting...
Or maybe my interpretation is completely off. :p
I would debate the point only because it is paired with the word heart. "Spirited away" is a complete phrase in itself which means to be taken away.

Sorry if I come off sounding clinical. :( It's just interesting to me to talk about it.

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by N0UGHTS »

...So you're saying all the girls are "untamed"? Interesting... That makes it much more fun to break them, then!

Huh? Nah, everything's all good. My 7th grade English teacher used to say "English is the most messed up screwed up language in the world!" ...Well, we're Californians. :P Sorry for hijacking your thread. :rubs neck: ( -_-)7
World Community Grid