OMEGA PATTERN[GET A FREE COPY!][Thriller][Supernatural]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
borokai
Completed: Omega Pattern
Projects: Omega Pattern.
Organization: Borokai Studio

OMEGA PATTERN[GET A FREE COPY!][Thriller][Supernatural]

#1 Post by borokai »

OMEGA PATTERN
The content of this post is available both in English and Spanish on
DOWNLOAD
  • If you use PC Windows, Mac or Linux, go to:
  • If you use iPad or iPhone, go to:
  • If you use Android, go to:
Enjoy!
GAMEPLAY
Omega Pattern is a Visual Novel which offers a variable multiple-choice decision system. This means that both the number of decision points and the number of choices or options that you will find in those decision points may vary according to your previous decisions during the game.
TEASER
SYNOPSIS
The world where the Omega Pattern story happens is seemingly normal, similar to the one we live in. However, genetics and fate mean that a few individuals are born with a kind of Pattern or special brain signal which lets them develop unique and varied psychic skills that are determined by their life experiences, which form their behavior and character.

From the shadows, an organization known as Bioagora controls the world according to its own interests thanks to the power and influences that they get, in part, from their Agents. These Agents are people who own the Pattern and have been coerced, bought, forced and even captured against their will to be brainwashed and indoctrinated, so they can faithfully serve the Bioagora.

Shaiel (21 years old), a man who possesses the Pattern, has found himself forced to live in secrecy in order to avoid falling into the hands of the Bioagora. However, as time passes, it gets more difficult to escape from a power which is increasing exponentially. Seeking for allies has become an unavoidable, and it seems that the only alternative available are the Celtas; a small and poorly organized group with unorthodox methods, whose plan to face the Agents and restoring an order different to the Bioagora’s seems near impossible.

As the rest of the population stay impassive in a gray world, Shaiel will have Shaiel to play his cards right and find out the truth hidden by the Bioagora, the Celtas and himself.
FEATURES
  • Become the Main Character: Decide what to do in the most relevant moments of Shaiel’s past. This will determine his current personality and therefore his psychic abilities and the decisions that you will be able to take in the future.
  • 3 Story Lines: Access to 3 significantly different story lines, which means that you will have a high replay experience where you will find suspense, action, drama, comedy, horror and romance.
  • +6 Hours: The variable multiple-choice decision system that we have implemented for the first part of the visual novel can grant you up to 6 hours of gameplay or more.
  • Mobile Optimized: You will enjoy the same experience both in the Desktop (PC and Mac), Mobile and iPad versions.
  • Full HD: 2048×1536 resolution for iPad users and 1920×1080 for Desktop and Mobile users.
  • Manga Anime Style: 100% original illustrated material.
  • Original Sound Track: An OST that creates the perfect atmosphere in every situation.
GALLERY
INTRO VIDEO
CG SAMPLE
GAME SAMPLE
DECISION SAMPLE
IN-GAME MENU
MAIN MENU
SETTINGS
QUESTIONS
We encourage you to visit the FAQ section of the Omega Pattern Website http://www.patronomega.com/en/#faq, but we will be glad to answer your questions on this forum too. You can even use the contact form of the website if you prefer it http://www.patronomega.com/en/#contact.

FOLLOW US!
Follow us on facebook and twitter and share our publications!
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Last edited by borokai on Fri May 26, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 19 times in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: OMEGA PATTERN [English/Spanish] [Thriller] [Supernatural

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

I'm encouraged to see that your group is creating a story that doesn't focus on characters' relationships.

Also, thank you for planning to release your VN on both computers and mobile devices.

Your website states, "Borokai Studio is a small group of professionals and friends that seek to offer a more personal and deeper experience in the VN genre." Have people in your group published any stories, games, or other creative works? Also, please state if your group has finished any free projects. An off-topic aside...
Today, I searched Google for "Borokai Studio." The first result was a search engine suggestion for Borocay studio (apartments). I then confirmed that I had not made a spelling error. After that, there were only a few relevant search engine results for your group's name.
borokai wrote:From the shadows, an organization known as Bioagora moves the threads to subject the world according to its own interests thanks to the power and influences that they get, in part, with their Agents. These Agents are people who own the Pattern and were persuaded, bought or even forced and captured against their will in order to be brainwashed and indoctrinated so they can faithfully serve the Bioagora.

Shaiel (21 years old), a man who poses the Pattern, has found himself obligated to live in the secrecy in order to avoid falling into the hands of the Bioagora. However, as time passes by, it gets more difficult to scape from a power which increases exponentially. Seeking for allies has become a vital task, and it seems that the only alternative available are the Celtas; a small and vaguely organized group with unorthodox methods whose pretension of facing the Agents and restoring an order different to the Bioagora’s seems a utopia.
A few questions...

1. How would you pronounce the word Bioagora? My best guess would be "Bai-yoh-ah-goh-rah."
2. How would you pronounce the name Shaiel? I don't know whether it would be "Shy-el" or "Shah-ee-el."
3. Finally, the word Celtas: is it prounced "sell-tas" or "kell-tas"?
4. Are all people who have psychic abilities called Agents? Or are only the people with psychic abilities *and* controlled by Bioagora called Agents?
5. Good versus evil in your fictional world. Is the Bioagora organization always evil? Consider whether you want to portray them as people with varied goals and mentalities. Or do you want to portray them as a group which has some admirable intentions? Also, is the Celtas organization always good, or are they flawed?
6. When you have time, please discuss the other characters in your story. Who are they, and what are their goals?
borokai wrote:Manga Anime Style: 100% original illustrated material.
Looking at your art, I would describe it as somewhat realistic 2D drawings. The characters aren't photorealistic or especially exaggerated.

Illustrators and studios have their own art styles. I sometimes visit bookstores and browse trade paperbacks / graphic novels in order to remind myself of this. (I admit that my mental image of comics is based on covers which I saw during the 1990s...)
borokai wrote:We encourage you to visit the FAQ section of the Omega Pattern Website patronomega.com/en/faq, but we will be glad to answer your questions on this forum too. You can even use the contact form of the website if you prefer it patronomega.com/en/contact.
I tried clicking the links in your original post. However, they lead to "Page not found" error pages.

borokai

#3 Post by borokai »

gekiganwing wrote:I'm encouraged to see that your group is creating a story that doesn't focus on characters' relationships.

Also, thank you for planning to release your VN on both computers and mobile devices.

Your website states, "Borokai Studio is a small group of professionals and friends that seek to offer a more personal and deeper experience in the VN genre." Have people in your group published any stories, games, or other creative works? Also, please state if your group has finished any free projects. An off-topic aside...
Today, I searched Google for "Borokai Studio." The first result was a search engine suggestion for Borocay studio (apartments). I then confirmed that I had not made a spelling error. After that, there were only a few relevant search engine results for your group's name.
Hi gekiganwing and thanks for your comment. In response to your query, Omega Pattern is our first project, but the group has some direct and indirect experience with visual novels or game development.

The director of the project (the one who is writing this) is an IT Engineer on Sound and Image and got some previous experience developing a game for the galaxy gear 2 (a samsung smartwatch) that got discontinued in his previous job. Me and the visual novel writer are childhood friends and share lots of hobbies, so we decided to start talking about making a visual novel like this one. we both have played almost the same visual novels and games, watched the same movies, series and animes, etc. and he has studied in a private school orientated to cinema, script writing, video and audio editing, etc.

Most of the art has been developed by two artists of this forum that I commissioned, Saitoki and Dao Dao. They are part of the Omega Pattern project, but not Borokai Studio, though they could join if we could work full time on the project.

We employed almost two years working on this as a part time job (so we could talk about a year of full time work), and due to my low budget, I learnt a little bit of graphic design and worked on the game GUI. My career and studies are more than enough for the programming role.

Most of the music was made by another friend who is a professional musician, however, I am an old school dj and I could help with the music editing his songs, making a few ones and working on the sfx edition. We could include the musician in the borokai group too.

Summing things up... currently we are just a few group of professionals and we don't have a Borokai Studio website or something like that, but we would like to form the Studio/Company if the Omega Pattern project let us do that.
gekiganwing wrote: A few questions...

1. How would you pronounce the word Bioagora? My best guess would be "Bai-yoh-ah-goh-rah."
2. How would you pronounce the name Shaiel? I don't know whether it would be "Shy-el" or "Shah-ee-el."
3. Finally, the word Celtas: is it prounced "sell-tas" or "kell-tas"?
4. Are all people who have psychic abilities called Agents? Or are only the people with psychic abilities *and* controlled by Bioagora called Agents?
5. Good versus evil in your fictional world. Is the Bioagora organization always evil? Consider whether you want to portray them as people with varied goals and mentalities. Or do you want to portray them as a group which has some admirable intentions? Also, is the Celtas organization always good, or are they flawed?
6. When you have time, please discuss the other characters in your story. Who are they, and what are their goals?
1. Bioagora is Bio (like Biology) + Agora (the ancient Greek gathering place). I'm Spanish and I used to say Bioágora, but I think that your guess could be right.
2. Again, in Spanish we say something like "Shah-ee-el.", but the origin of the name is Hebrew so... it's up to you.
3. Celtas is Celtics in Spanish. It is pronounced "cell-tas".
4. You can find the answers to these questions on the mobile demo that we hope to relase very soon. Apple is currently reviewing the demo, so maybe next week we can release the iOS and Android versions of the demo.
5. Great questions... again, you will get more info about this on the demo, and almost all the info on the full version (have in account that I'm talking about the full version of the first part of the visual novel. I think you know what I mean if you have read the FAQ).
6. I know that in most of the visual novels the creators present their characters... but we have implemented lots of scenes where we 'present' those characters, so we prefer to encourage you to play and discover the rest of characters in the game. Have in account that you will define Shaiel's personality and the rest of the characters could interact with you in a different way, so you would have to try to get all the story lines to know all the details. Anyway, I understand your suggestion, and we could think about adding some info about the rest of the characters.
gekiganwing wrote:I tried clicking the links in your original post. However, they lead to "Page not found" error pages.
You are right, it's already fixed. I have added a gameplay section too.

If you have more questions, please let me know about it!

borokai

#4 Post by borokai »

UPDATE!
FREE DEMO ALREADY AVAILABLE ON GOOGLE PLAY AND APP STORE!
It's already here!
  • If you use iPad or iPhone, go to:
  • If you use Android, go to:
Enjoy!

borokai

Re: OMEGA PATTERN [UPDATE: FREE MOBILE DEMO AVAILABLE][EN/ES

#5 Post by borokai »

Update: Lite version for Android released.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... omega.opfl

It works great in older devices. Enjoy!

Full version coming soon!

borokai

Re: OMEGA PATTERN [UPDATE: FREE DEMO AVAILABLE][EN/ES]

#6 Post by borokai »

Upadte: PC Windows, Mac and Linux demo already available!
Enjoy!

borokai

Re: OMEGA PATTERN[GET A FREE COPY!][Thriller][Supernatural]

#7 Post by borokai »

UPDATE! RELEASE DATE: 26 MAY.
GET A FREE COPY!
We're raffling off a free copy! Visit our facebook page and participate!