Programming, Web Design, and more [Free][7 yrs exp]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
ichiban

Programming, Web Design, and more [Free][7 yrs exp]

#1 Post by ichiban »

Hey all, I'm an experienced coder looking to get back into making VNs. I'm currently doing research at a University on how virtual reality can assist therapists rehabilitate patients and also cure common phobias but I have plenty of time to work on a VN.

I am experienced with Ren'Py, TyranoBuilder, Unity, and Unreal Engine. I haven't coded many VNs but I used to (very poorly) write for a small project with other members here years ago.

|Web Development|
HTML5, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, PHP, MySQL. Here are some examples of early and recent work to show I'm capable of learning stuff fairly quickly.

|VN Development && Coding|
Check out my demo for a small group project that educates players on teen dating violence and emotional abuse. I worked as a coder and did some project management as well.

As a soon-to-be Masters student in Computer Science focusing on Machine Learning, I'm able to pick up new languages/game engine fairly quickly. Any programming challenge, especially in game development, is fun for me and I am looking forward to pushing myself.

I have professional experience at several large companies including Hewlett-Packard.

|Could Be Useful Skills / Misc|
  • Adobe Suite - After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator
  • I'd say I have a good design eye. I'm not afraid of giving constructive criticisms.

|What I'm Looking For|
I am aiming to be a part of an ambitious team that is looking to publish a game on Steam.

It would be great to work on something that isn't just about romance. I was a big fan of Dischan Media's Cradle Song even though it was never completed. Also Zero Escape and Steins;Gate are some of my favorites just to get an idea.

I have my own ideas as well but I'm not the best writer. My fictional writing reads like a school textbook :/

• If the game is going to be free to play, then I don't need compensation. I just need to love the story.
  • If the goal is to make profit, we can discuss royalty when the time comes. But I still need to love the story.

Feel free to post here or PM me. Thanks!

EDIT: 9/11/2017

I left this forum for a few months and came back with lots of PMs from this topic. My apologies for unintentionally ignoring you all! I'm very busy now and probably will be for the next 4 months. But my passion is to work on digital storytelling on a team. I hope that one day I'll work on an amazing project. If you still would like to get a hold of me, contact me on discord: ichivictus#7619

Last edited by ichiban on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Albridge
Regular

Re: Programming, Web Design, and more [Free][7 yrs exp]

#2 Post by Albridge »

Highly tempting, for sure. A pity as well.

ichiban

#3 Post by ichiban »

Why pity? Oh because of the romance thing? I just don't want to work on anything stereotypical I guess.

Albridge
Regular

#4 Post by Albridge »

No, not that. I like to think there are few more than I who are bothered with overused cliches.
I feel pity because of a larger, more fundamental issue at hand.

goku_strife

#5 Post by goku_strife »

wow ichiban! i am definitly interested, do you have somewhere i can speak to you alone like skype,discord,ts, or atleast facebook or something? :)
if so send it to me here on lemma soft on a pm, idk if it will be free or commercial but i would't mind making money if possible.
Free but making money through patreon might work also but lets chat and see what we get first!