For discussion and support of other visual novel engines.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:38 am
- Deviantart: missblueturtle
I've been thinking of using Blender and creating some animated sprites for my VN, but can does TyranoBuilder support that without using Live2D?
- Posts: 370
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:25 am
- Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)
I don't think you can import the models themselves, but you can import animated .gif files
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1117
- Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am
- Location: Your monitor
You'd be better off compositing renders with an alpha channel and then using ATL to animate them.
If you use a gif, you get all that horrible giffy compression. blech!
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 am
just animate them and render them out as an image sequence then compose them in gimp or any other photo editing program you're familiar with and export it out as a gif.
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2285
- Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm
- Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
- Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
- Organization: Fastermind Games
- Deviantart: sundownkid
- Location: NYC
Nope. If you wanted to make a game with sprites like, say, Virtue's Last Reward, you are best off using Unity in combination with one of the visual novel engine plugins that has been created for it.
Pre rendered animations would work too, but they will look blurry at higher resolutions and won't have movement that is as smooth.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users