Code snag

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Heartystar
Deviantart: heartystar

Code snag

#1 Post by Heartystar »

Was hoping my first post would be WIP, so much for that.
This may or may not be the right place for this question (I may have more code-problem questions later but for now...)
when trying to test my game:
The label start is defined twice at
File "bob/game/script.rpyc" line 11 and
File "game/script.rpy", line 28

What does this mean? How do I fix this?
I've rewritten those lines and saved, which -typically- solves the problem. Just not in this case.

...Also, I initially named my game "bob" as a test, I thought I changed it (it no longer says it across the top of the window but,) any way of changing that? Or is it that the original name and it's current name not matching is creating an issue?

Thanks in advance!

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Code snag

#2 Post by indoneko »

Check for duplicate lines in your script.rpy - Did you add another label named start: somewhere in your script and forgot to delete it? Did you copy your files from another directory?
If it doesn't help, delete the old script.rpyc and try "force recompile" in renpy launcher.
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Heartystar
Deviantart: heartystar

Re: Code snag

#3 Post by Heartystar »

Score! It's working.

It seems I had a duplicate script hidden in a subfolder, had to track it down and delete it. Easy fix, but still - many thanks~!