Eternal Hour [Adventure, Romance][BxG][R-18][Kickstarter]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SeventhHeart
Projects: Eternal Hour, Quantum Magica
Organization: Seventh Heart Studios
Soundcloud: seventh-heart-studio

Eternal Hour [Adventure, Romance][BxG][R-18][Kickstarter]

#1 Post by SeventhHeart »

We are Seventh Heart Studios and we want to announce our first game to you!
What would you do if you gained the power to manipulate time?
Eternal Hour is a Visual Novel set in present day, in a remote Japanese town named Tokya.
Desperate to give his life more meaning and in hopes of adding to his list of achievements, Yasu Fujimoto is ready to take on any challenge from his friends.
Yasu's trustworthy friend Katashi comes up with a great opportunity: To climb Epoch Tower, a mysterious stone monolith near Tokya.

Things turn sour when Yasu meets an unexpected but disturbing thing at the top of The Tower: His own ghost.

In a struggle to get down faster, Yasu slips and falls from the Epoch Tower but is saved by his best friend Daisuke. Soon after, Yasu will discover that he has the power to manipulate time.

You're invited to guide Yasu as he changes the lives of his family and friends, finds love and unveils the mysteries of Tokya and Epoch Tower.

Will Yasu be heroic and altruistic, risk his life for others, or will he become selfish and corrupted, turning is hometown into a modern dystopia?

Eternal Hour is made for Windows, Linux and Android.

Eternal Hour will run at Full HD (1920x1080) native resolution, will feature both animation and English Voice Acting!

We have prepared more than 20 hours of adventure and fun for you, many routes and an intimate ending to each route!

Characters:

Features:

- Over 24 different endings

- Native English voice acting

- Live2d animated CG scenes

- Live2d animated HCG scenes

- Windows / Linux / Android / Mac availability

- FULL HD resolution

- Time manipulation

- R-18 content

Screenshots:

You're invited to experience the rush and adventure of Eternal Hour!

The demo is available on Steam through the download button on our Greenlight campaign and is hosted by our publishers: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =922681685

We invite you to support us in our Kickstarter as well! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... nal-hour-0

We're here to ask for your help! If you like Eternal Hour and if you'd like to help us bring it to life, please support us on Kickstarter and Greenlight!

We've been fans of this community for a long time now and Eternal Hour is made using Ren'py Engine! We're here to bring you fun and to lighten your day! Our voice actors, artists, musicians and programmers are members of Lemma forums and we would all love your help!

We're here to answer your questions!
Seventh Heart Studios loves and supports English Visual Novel creators out there!
Lemma members who are part of Seventh Heart Studios and who have given their sweat and tears for Eternal Hour:

- Belgerum: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=28358
- Kainico: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35727
- Milkcarton: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25029
- xPerfectSuicide: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31278
- Magic Kaito: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=34421
- Fuwara: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=32622
- AddamsAccount: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=29675
- DEEsidia: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35839
- Rochelle J Chiang: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35065

We have a few questions for you:

- Do you like Eternal Hour?^^

- Who is your favorite character so far?

- How do you feel about our demo?

- Do you have any questions or advice for us?

Thank you very much for reading!

Be safe and happy!

Best regards,

Last edited by SeventhHeart on Mon May 15, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

Re: Eternal Hour [Adventure, Romance][BxG][Kickstarter]

#2 Post by Nuxill »

Ooh, I like the sound of this visual novel.

When you say the main character can manipulate time, is it sort of like time travel or something else? Or is that a secret?

GrassWhooper
Soundcloud: Mo'tasem Zakarneh
itch: grasswhooper.itch.io

#3 Post by GrassWhooper »

rin and naoka are the ones i like best :)
and really great job guys. 24 Endings, that is some high level complexity over there.
the art style is definitely, one step away from being professional in my eyes, {if its not already there}.
(with professional, i mean, one with big budget)
i hadn't tried the demo yet, but i'll download it and give it a try, but even without giving the demo a shot, the art and the 24 endings, were good enough for me to give it a thumps up on green light.
great job for you and your team.

SeventhHeart

#4 Post by SeventhHeart »

@Nuxill

Thank you for your kinds words!

As the player, you can manipulate time by both time stopping and time travel back to certain points where you can revisit certain choices! In the demo we just started on the time travel part, but we're going to expand a lot on that and it will be a driving mechanism to the large number of endings and their complexity!

@GrassWhooper

Thank you very much for your kind words!

We hope you'll enjoy our Demo and that you'll have lots of fun!

TheJerminator15
Regular
Completed: A Sedentary Fist
Projects: Manipulation, Switch Swap, Unnamed Project
itch: jamsandwich

#5 Post by TheJerminator15 »

First thing I have to say from the demo is that the presentation is absolutely beautiful! And I adore the artwork. I'm also a massive fan of Naoko's voice, it fits her so perfectly!

That said, simply going off the demo whislt I enjoyed a umber of the characters, I found it hard to actually feel a connection to Yasu himself because he seemed to lack a lot of character and personality. Despite that though I'm very interested in the full game and in particular the Naoko route for she is best girl.
My Current Writing Project: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37699
Manipulation Teaser Demo: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJ4E ... zV6TWVaclk

Kainico
Regular
Projects: https://kainico.com/
Deviantart: Kainico

#6 Post by Kainico »

This game! This team!!! It's seriously an honor to be working with everyone. I'm not a very patient person >.> so everytime i think of this project and getting it finished and playing it i can't help but jump up in down and in my computer chair :oops:

SeventhHeart

#7 Post by SeventhHeart »

Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind words! Our artists have been working for days on every character, every background scene and every CG event!^^

We like all our girls! Naoko's voice actress is doing a great job at impersonating her indeed! ♡

As for Yasu, his personality becomes stronger and stronger in the full game, leading to a lot of unexpected events and choices. In the demo, we had to make some introductions so Yasu doesn't stick out too much, but as time goes on, his personality and choices will play a stronger role for the whole game ^^!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by gekiganwing »

The art for Eternal Hour is not bad. However, there are two small aspects about it which I don't especially like...

1. The characters' skin looks oddly pale, and their faces seem almost washed out. I assume they don't live indoors all the time, or suffer from albinism. In my opinion, they don't look healthy. I've had this same complaint with a number of relatively recent original Japanese language visual novels such as Irotoridori no Sekai.

2. What I first notice about the characters' eyes is a single color. Then I notice that their pupils seem rather small. I know that the drawings are not meant to be photorealistic. However, I think that the characters' eyes seem too bright, as if they are glowing. I'm not sure what could be done to make the eyes seem less distracting.

I admit that a lot of the art which I like was created during the 1980s and 1990s. So there is a chance that I don't especially like two small aspects of Eternal Hour just because its art was created during the 2010s. It could just be me. :oops:

SeventhHeart

#9 Post by SeventhHeart »

gekiganwing wrote:The art for Eternal Hour is not bad. However, there are two small aspects about it which I don't especially like...

1. The characters' skin looks oddly pale, and their faces seem almost washed out. I assume they don't live indoors all the time, or suffer from albinism. In my opinion, they don't look healthy. I've had this same complaint with a number of relatively recent original Japanese language visual novels such as Irotoridori no Sekai.

2. What I first notice about the characters' eyes is a single color. Then I notice that their pupils seem rather small. I know that the drawings are not meant to be photorealistic. However, I think that the characters' eyes seem too bright, as if they are glowing. I'm not sure what could be done to make the eyes seem less distracting.

I admit that a lot of the art which I like was created during the 1980s and 1990s. So there is a chance that I don't especially like two small aspects of Eternal Hour just because its art was created during the 2010s. It could just be me. :oops:
Thank you for your feedback!

Art style preferences can vary from player to player and there is no one style that will fit everyone, but each artist will have his own art style which he improves and masters in a lifetime and we always support artists and development of new art styles.

We also think that everyone having unique tastes is a great thing and that it helps the world evolve!♡

Fuwara

x

#10 Post by Fuwara »

Deleted
Last edited by Fuwara on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Freyja
Deviantart: Freyjasan

Re: Eternal Hour [Adventure, Romance][BxG][R-18][Kickstarter

#11 Post by Freyja »

Not only that this visual novel is eye catching but it is my first time seeing a team from my home country working on one. Keep up the good work and looking forward for the full release of the game!

SeventhHeart

#12 Post by SeventhHeart »

Freyja wrote:Not only that this visual novel is eye catching but it is my first time seeing a team from my home country working on one. Keep up the good work and looking forward for the full release of the game!
Salutare si incantati de cunostinta!♡ Speram sa iti placa jocul nostru!

Translation //Hello and we're glad to meet you!♡ We hope you'll enjoy our game!

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#13 Post by ebi-hime »

I think the art is really cute o'A'o
Can I ask who the sprite artist is?
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

SeventhHeart

#14 Post by SeventhHeart »

ebi-hime wrote:I think the art is really cute o'A'o
Can I ask who the sprite artist is?
Woah! Thank you very much! You made his day better! You can check out our Sprite Artist's pixiv here: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=7749477

By the way, everyone:

We have released an important update to our campaign!♡

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... ts/1884123

SeventhHeart

#15 Post by SeventhHeart »

We have another update for you!

We love live2d and animated scenes!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73 ... ts/1888422