(Seaside Wishes) Looking for Team! [CLOSE]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
runadial
Regular
Completed: My Only Sunshine
Projects: CrossDol (BL), Forsaken
Organization: astellic

(Seaside Wishes) Looking for Team! [CLOSE]

#1 Post by runadial »

Hi! I just recently heard about a cool event called SuNoFes, a game jam. Since I have more time in the summer, I am thinking of giving it a shot, provided I get enough people to join! Thank you for your interest in advance. The project, a mermaid-themed otome visual novel, will somewhat be short since the game jam only lasts so long.
[Summary]
10 years ago, when Althea Loches was a little girl, she got lost on the beach, and there she heard one of the most beautiful playing and singing out in the waters. When she looked out, she saw something extraordinary.

Ever since then, the ocean had inspired her, and the voices and sounds of that day filled her mind and fueled her imagination. Every day coming back from school, she would pass the beach and look out to the waters, wishing that she can find something extraordinary. Then, on her 17th birthday... her wish comes true.
[Characters]
All the pursuable characters are not human; they're mermaids, hence the mermaid-theme.
  • Althea Loches
    • strong-willed and determined young girl at the age of 17
    • never gives up type of girl, but very amiable as well
    • the reincarnation of the (mermaid) princess, though this is unbeknownst to her
    • the main heroine; the story will be told purely from her point of view
  • Zuriel
    • the "bad boy" aura or gist
    • a bit of a tsundere
    • has a past with the princess
    • the "main" route
  • Azure
    • a kuudere kind of
    • sometimes unpredictable
    • holds a grudge against humans
    • the "side" route
  • Blayde
    • very kind, like a big sibling
    • protective, but not a yandere
    • pronouns - they/them
    • the "cute" route
[Positions]
Notice that you are able to apply for more than one position if it interests you so.
Red-starred positions (*) are positions with an estimated lighter workload.
Crossed out positions indicate a closed position.
Sprite artist*
taken by: pandamaruchi

CG artist
Background artist*
taken by: Karma_z

GUI & logo artist
Assistant writer/Story
taken by: abscission

Musician*

Programmer
taken by: HarukaNami
[Contact]
Once you have affirmed your interest, either send an email to runadial@yahoo.com or send a private message here with a reasonable subject and the position you wish to apply for along with an appropriate link or portfolio to samples. Any and every application without samples or portfolio will be ignored unless stated otherwise that you have no samples to show.
Last edited by runadial on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

runadial
Regular
Completed: My Only Sunshine
Projects: CrossDol (BL), Forsaken
Organization: astellic

Re: (Seaside Wishes) Looking for Team!

#2 Post by runadial »

[Update]
I have gotten great applications so far! I would like to thank all of you who applied for the interest and passion for the game. So far, I am happy to announce that I have found a programmer and a sprite artist. They are both very kind people! I would like to welcome HarukaNami and pandamaruchi into the team as programmer and sprite artist, respectively.

Any position not crossed out are positions that are still open for applications. I have character background drafts written out in a document... at least the key events in the characters' lives prior to the game. There was an initial sketching of Azure as well by pandamaruchi, but it is undergoing major playing around and tweaking with right now. Whether sketches will be posted is uncertain, but final versions will be published eventually when they're done.

Just for the sake of boosting some confidence, I would like to say that I have previously finished a (short) visual novel, but since it was meant to be a birthday gift for a friend of mine, I didn't publish it to the general public. So, if you're worried about that, then don't worry; this project isn't much longer than the gift project. Also, I didn't say this before, but it will be primarily cuteness, friendship, and romance, but will also have a tint of dark elements in it as well, which is mainly in the characters' pasts.