Paid/Trade/Free Proofreader+Ideabouncer! (Open again, huzzah!)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
AntiquedFae
Veteran

Paid/Trade/Free Proofreader+Ideabouncer! (Open again, huzzah!)

#1 Post by AntiquedFae »

Hello There!

I’m AntiquedFae, an avid reader and long-time VN fan eager to find a project (or two or three) to work on!

I offer proofreading for a rate of $0.03 CAD, and ideabouncing for trade or free. I have worked mainly for Googaboga/GB Patch Games on these forums (from the very first game), but I’m looking for some new projects to work on. If you’d like a more detailed list of what I’ve done on different games, just let me know.
I do come with a few stipulations.
First of all, a disclaimer: I’m not formally trained or educated for proofreading work. So while I will do my absolute best to make your script as sparklingly clean as possible, I am not a professional and will make mistakes from time to time.

Secondly, I am happy to work on a project in as small or large of a capacity as you need me to. Be it just a one-time ideabouncing session for a certain character trait you need help developing or a long-term support role on a larger project, I am here to help!

To save us both time, here’s the stuff I’m likely to say ‘no’ to:
-Heavy Sexual Content. Non-Con will always be an instant NO. I'm not comfortable working on games where the main theme is unavoidable sexual content. 16+ type content is fine as long as it's done in a fully consensual way. If I'm not comfortable with the sexy bits of your script, I'm still willing to go through the other sections. *I might make an exception to this rule for interspecies or human/monster relationships, as long as it's fully consensual, in a safe space and the sexual content isn't done in a typical 'human' way (ex: tentacles, bites etc.). We can discuss this.

-Due to medical reasons, I cannot play games which require fast reflexes, have flashing, flickering or static effects or have jumpscares. I am still happy to go over scripts for these, if you'd like.

Now that the painful part is over with, onto-
Genres and features I especially like:

-Supernatural/Paranormal For lack of better wording, anything monster and spooky is totally my thing, but I'm most into the cutesy/quirky sort of paranormal.

-Fantasy

-Folklore and fairy tales, which I have a ridiculous amount of information about stored in my brain where there should be math or streetsmarts. Please give me a way to put this knowledge to use. I'm most well-versed in those of Northern European origin. Different types of folkloric creatures are kind of my thing.

-Historical I'm no world historian, but I might know enough to help with some settings.

-Mystery. It’s an incredibly difficult genre to write, but I'm a huge fan.

-Cute or relaxing games that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

-Friendship/platonic/asexual relationship options.

-Crafting and simulation gameplay

-Disabled, neurologically divergent, and/or chronically-ill characters are of massive interest to me! I may also be able to assist you with writing characters that fall along these lines, as someone with physical and mental differences.

And the fine print sort of things:

-I reserve the right to choose not to work on a game, for any reason.
-I communicate via PM here on lemmasoft and/or via email.
-I am a native English speaker who is familiar with both American and British/Commonwealth English.
-I am fairly flexible in my proofreading format. We can figure out something that works for us both. I'm most used to working via Google Docs.
-I am generally very communicative and respond quickly, usually within a few hours.
-I am a very fast reader.
-These last two points being said, I have a pretty bad chronic health condition which can cause me to be unable to do much for some short periods. Usually I am feeling well enough to proofread even when it hits, but if I get a really bad spell I might not be able to work for three days, max. Should this occur I will do my absolute best to let you know so you can proceed accordingly. I hope you understand!
-If I am not accepting new projects, I will edit the forum title to say 'closed'.
-My rate can be negotiable, depending on the project; if your game is under 10,000 words and I'm interested in the subject matter, I might be willing to go through it for free. Trades or partial trades are also a possibility. This will be on a case-by-case basis, and up to my discretion and workload at the time.

I look forward to hearing from you, either in reply to this forum or through PM! Thank you for reading! ^_^
Last edited by AntiquedFae on Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:05 am, edited 36 times in total.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

Kyuukon
Tumblr: akumugames

Re: 110% Free Proofreader+Editor+Ideabouncer In Search of Ga

#2 Post by Kyuukon »

Sent you a PM :)

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#3 Post by AntiquedFae »

Kyuukon wrote:Sent you a PM :)
Replied!
You can call me Fae!

Kyuukon
Tumblr: akumugames

#4 Post by Kyuukon »

AntiquedFae wrote:
Kyuukon wrote:Sent you a PM :)
Replied!
I replied back but then I emptied my inbox. Not sure if the last message I sent got deleted as well :3 Ugh, I hate these forums' interface xD

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#5 Post by AntiquedFae »

Edited my message slightly just to clarify one thing. None of the projects I've been contacted about have worked out so far, so I'm still wide open! :D
You can call me Fae!

abscission
Projects: Here be Dragons
Tumblr: billowingwaves

#6 Post by abscission »

sent you a PM. looking to build plot lines.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#7 Post by AntiquedFae »

abscission wrote:sent you a PM. looking to build plot lines.
Replied!~ I'm looking really forward to your project!
You can call me Fae!

shadowkazaki
Regular
Projects: Descendant of the Moon

#8 Post by shadowkazaki »

PM'd!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

Re: 110% Free Proofreader+Editor+Ideabouncer In Search of Game!

#9 Post by AntiquedFae »

At long last, I am done moving (I never want to unpack another box again) which means...*trumpeting* I am open once more to help with proofreading, idea-bouncing and editing for games! Free as ever!
You can call me Fae!

Yolo400
Regular
Completed: Lifted Dreams
Projects: ----

#10 Post by Yolo400 »

If you could read anything, what would you like to read?
Working on project "Lightning Cat" - Writing
music for sale
|| Thank you ||

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#11 Post by AntiquedFae »

Yolo400 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:06 am If you could read anything, what would you like to read?
Hm, that's an interesting question. I laid my interests out in the original post pretty well honestly (probably a bit too well...overly specific much?) but if I was going to magically design my own dream game for me to proofread...it would probably be a strange sort of Harvest Moon-ish/VN hybrid set in the north with expansive skill-based gameplay, unique plus diverse characters, a MASSIVE map to explore, and loads of mysteries to uncover, along with a supernatural/fantasy side. That would be a dream come true!

...Like I said, magically designed overly-specific dream game that will probably never ever happen. But I can still dream! One day...maybe it will be real! I'm highly interested in anything that I mention in my original post as liking though! :D Mystery! Fantasy! Crafting! Paranormal! Halloween! Plants! Friendship! Disabled characters! Cookies!...Oh no, wait, not that last one. I'm just craving baking. Though if you have a baking game, I would also love to work on that!
You can call me Fae!

Yolo400
Regular
Completed: Lifted Dreams
Projects: ----

#12 Post by Yolo400 »

AntiquedFae wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:30 pm Mystery! Fantasy! Crafting! Paranormal! Halloween! Plants! Friendship! Disabled characters! Cookies!...Oh no, wait, not that last one.
Once upon a time there was a mysterious, fantastical, craftsy Ghost, living on his own in an apartment. He loved his plants for dear life, and they were his only friends in the whole wide world. One day, the oven exploded with a large ricochet, the cookies he had baked were done, yet... he had not put them on. Why, you ask? He was dead, of course!
Working on project "Lightning Cat" - Writing
music for sale
|| Thank you ||

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#13 Post by AntiquedFae »

Tweaked the wording of my post to clarify a bit more about what I'm willing to take on! I have two lovely projects I'm helping out with now, but still have loads of free time (ah, that bedbound life) so I'm totally open to taking on new projects! ^_^
You can call me Fae!

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#14 Post by AntiquedFae »

I apologize for the double post (especially when I'm the thread creator...) but it seems I have to state something:

I do not offer writing services.

I have been contacted twice now asking for writing, despite my never having offered it. Please note that as it says in the thread title, I only offer editing, proofreading and ideabouncing services. If you need any of these I will be ~thrilled~ to work with you! But if it's a writer you're looking for, you have come to the wrong place.

Unless you're looking for an amateur freeform poet who writes about illness, otherworldly beings and trees. If so then heeeey, I guess you have come to the right place!

Anyways, I'm open for proofreading, editing and ideabouncing. Even if you aren't sure if your project will suit my interests, the absolute worst I can do is say no! The absolute best I can do is fall in love with your work and become your proofreader best friend for life. It never hurts to ask! ^_^
You can call me Fae!

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

Re: 110% Free Proofreader+Editor+Ideabouncer!

#15 Post by morinoir »

Lmao okay lemmasoft logged me out when I typed my review for Antiquedfae's proofreading service and now I have to type everything again orz..

I contacted Antiquedfae around two weeks ago to proofread my visual novel script, and I must say that I had a blast working with her! She's easy to contact, a very nice person, and she works super fast. It only took a day for her to finish the job even though I told her to take it easy haha. I also really enjoyed our discussion and they made me realized some flaws in my story/script that were invisible to me before. 10/10 will collaborate with her again in the future! Thank you so much Fae! If you need something from me, you know where to find me! <3<3