The Free Stuff Thread

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

The Free Stuff Thread

#1 Post by PyTom »

So I thought I'd make this thread as a thread for people to give away things to members of the forum that are still useful, but that for whatever reason they're not using anymore.

I'll start by giving away 2gb of RAM. It's DDR2 800 (PC2 6400), 4 DIMMS of 512 MB each. You can see the newegg article here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820145566

These were in my main desktop, Eileen, until I upgraded the memory recently. As best as I know, they still work perfectly.

If you're interested, please PM me. I'll give preference to active veterans of the forum and to people who can convince me that they're not going to break something by adding RAM to their computer. I'll cover shipping in the US, but we'll split the cost if it goes elsewhere.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

Re: The Free Stuff Thread

#2 Post by Hime »

Okay, so I'll go next. As an artist I've tried a lot of stuff, some of which has suited me and some has not...

...So I'm giving away my 72 piece set of Derwent Artists colour pencils. Barely used and thus in excellent shape, these are fine-quality pencils and cost about 70-80$, so like PyTom I'd prefer active veteran members. If only possible, people that have already released a visual novel and are working on more so that I know I'm supporting VN-making, not people that come to the forums and disappear after two weeks. ^^; As these are art supplies, I'd also like to see some proof that you actually draw (in case there isn't any in your VN) so that I know you aren't just going to use this as a birthday present for your nephew, hahaha.

Shipping will be from North Europe, and I should be able to afford to pay it myself, but if the shipping will cost lunatic amounts, you might have to pay a part too. If the shipment would cost the same as buying a new sets of these, we'll have to reconsider.
Please don't be afraid to PM me if you're interested or have any questions, I won't bite you. <3

Alphonse
Regular

#3 Post by Alphonse »

Free = nice.

Derwent? I'd love colored pencils, but I'm not professional, or even that good. I'd tell you to see for yourself at my DA page (only have it to favorite stuff, really), but I'm pretty ashamed. Not to mention colored pencils give me bad memories of Crayola. And attempting to use electric sharpeners on Prismacolors. No way in hell am I touching those. I can't stand them. (/degrading)

Of course, that's only because I put a hell of a lot of input, with little to zero output. I think I'll stick to my cheap-a Prismacolor markers.

(By the 2-week thing, are you by any chance referring to me? XD I'm just too lazy too sign in. I'm lurking, though. And waiting for people to release another GxB game.)

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#4 Post by Hime »

No, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, definitely not! :D I just meant what I said there: it'd be a shame to give these to someone who doesn't really visit this place. But if you want these, I'd prefer PMs - it'll probably take a lot of messages to get the shipping costs etc solved, so it'd be a shame to fill this thread with such talk. ^^;

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#5 Post by Der Tor »

well i would have loads of stuff to give away... but it's not really realistic to send it to the other part of the world... so... hmm... i guess the distance is just too far... :?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#6 Post by LVUER »

While I'm supporting this thread, I must agree with Der Tor. Because this is a very much international forum, giving free stuff is quite hard to do. The shipment fee could be more expensive than the stuff itself...

Jake
Support Hero

#7 Post by Jake »

LVUER wrote: Because this is a very much international forum, giving free stuff is quite hard to do.
On the other hand, because this is an international forum, we do have members from all over - just because you live in some country that isn't the US doesn't mean there aren't any other forum members nearby...
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#8 Post by rioka »

Ooo... pretty neat! I have a bunch of stuff I want to get rid of. I'll post them up here for those who want them (once I weed through everything). Items will most likely include: art materials, books, video games, anime/manga items, comic books, and so on.

[EDIT Later today...] I went through some stuff and here's a list of some things:
Miyukichan in Wonderland (Japanese)
Shaman King Character Book (Japanese)
Slayers Vol. 3 (Japanese)
Full Metal Panic! Vol. 1 Manga
How NOT to Draw Manga by Reid & Krantz
2 Inu Yasha Posters
Inu Yasha Pins
Inu Yasha Plush Key Chain
How to Draw Manga 2006 Calendar (mint condition - I didn't write in it)
Newtype Magazine August 8 1998 edition (Japanese) - includes full poster of Tokimeki Memorial
Drawing Manga in Simple Steps (includes book and drawing materials)
Ranma 1/2 Cold Competition VHS
Ceres: Celestial Legend: Double, Denouement, & Requiem VHS (3 volumes - the last volumes of the series I think)
and 2 mystery bags* stuffed with a bunch of random anime stuff. What you get will be a surprise! ;D

[EDIT: Jan. 28, 2009]
Magical Starsign (DS)

[EDIT: Jan 30, 2009]
SNK vs. Capsom Card Fighters DS

*They're actually manila envelopes

All items are in mint condition or even unopened like the VHS, key chain, and pin. Depending on where you live and how much you want or which item(s) you want, I may or may not ask for S&H. If you have any questions or would like more info on a certain item, please PM or post below. If you definitely want something, please PM me. If no one wants anything, I'll chuck all these out the window.... straight to the garbage. (OK, maybe I'll donate some of them to a library or something... :\ )
Last edited by rioka on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#9 Post by LVUER »

Nooooo....! Dont' just dump them into the garbage! What a waste, shiku shiku shiku...
I really want them, (if I may, ahem... all of them), droollll.... Really, I'm a collector of ... stuff (You wouldn't believe how much my collection, it basically invade 60% of my room).

But then again, I live in Indonesia, about half the world journey to NY (yeah, I live at the exact opposite of US). It's 12 hours time-difference after all. I bet the delivery fee will be HUGE (yes, all with capital letters).

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#10 Post by rioka »

Yeah, quite expensive. I did a quick price check for a 5 lb box and if shipped via the US Postal Service, it'll run at about $35 and up. Of course, I don't know if all the items combined is 5 lbs... Are you sure you want everything? A few of the lighter items shouldn't be a problem. I shipped a small package to Japan a couple of months ago and the postage wasn't so bad.

[EDIT: Jan. 28, 2009]
Added two video games to the list:
Magical Starsign (DS)

First come first served. n_n

[EDIT: Jan 30, 2009]
SNK vs. Capsom Card Fighters DS

Btw, all the anime stuff are claimed.