NaNoRenO half-time encouragement

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

NaNoRenO half-time encouragement

#1 Post by chronoluminaire »

Well, March 15th has come and gone. The Days Remaining counter is less than the current date. We're into the second half! :-o

And it seems like we have a range of progress. This is just to encourage you all to keep at it! Whether you've been making storming progress, perhaps to get ahead for the times when you can't be creating later this month; whether you might be halfway through, maybe, although it's hard to tell; whether you're unavoidably playing catchup or even started later than the rest: I say go for it, you can do it!

The thing is, no two people are identical, but no two people are completely different either. You have a story to tell: and because no two people are identical, nobody else can tell your story. You have things to add to it that nobody else could! But because we all have some things in common, we're looking forward to seeing your story. Romance stirs something in everyone, one way or another. The human just isn't built to be alone: to love is one of the most natural human acts. And so your ren'ai game, that only you can create, will speak to each of us, one way or another.

So keep taking the time to put into your project! Keep those creative juices flowing! And I'll meet you at the end to delight in the results of our shared creativity and humanity. :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#2 Post by mikey »

Alright, all the best to you all from me as well, good luck and keep it up!

And remember:

The leaf that falls down from the tree will never return back, but it will have experienced the the freedom of being carried by the wind.

... actually, no idea what I meant by that, but read it well, find the hidden meaning and you will be blessed with even more strength and creativity! :P :P

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

I think I figured out what the quote means, but I can't quite word it correctly...

anyhow, I WILL play all the renai games release in here that A) will run on my system. (you laugh. I threaten my computer.) and B) don't require more space than I have. (~2.8GB last time I checked, which was before uninstalling a few programs... still uninstalling... this could take a while...) I will leave my comments on them, but I don't intend to bash any games apart. (so if I sound like the south end of a northbound mule, let me know.)
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#4 Post by rioka »

I get it. It's like this:
Better to have experienced something than not have experienced it at all.
Of course, there are just some things one shouldn't experience at all...

re Megaman>> Cool! I don't know about anyone else but you can give your honest opinions about my game. If you think it sucks that I have no music, or my characters aren't hot enough, or whatever - then go ahead and say it. The way I see it - how can I improve if no one tells me what's what? Of course, it's best if it was constructive criticism than just plain bashing... If you do bash, someone will tell you.

BTW, I doubt any of the NaNoRenO games will be above 50MB with music... unless it has tons of mp3s, mpegs, and images... :?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:BTW, I doubt any of the NaNoRenO games will be above 50MB with music... :?
Wanna bet? :(

Megaman_Z, eclipse >> A good deciphering effort, although I really just wrote something down, hehe. ^_^ But it sort of is the message alright now that I see the explanations - being a part of it.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#6 Post by rioka »

mikey wrote:Wanna bet? :(
What?! What are putting in it? :shock:

darkknight
Veteran

#7 Post by darkknight »

mikey wrote: The leaf that falls down from the tree will never return back, but it will have experienced the the freedom of being carried by the wind.
sorry to be a downer...but if every leaf falls, and all have the expereience of freedom, do you really want to be the first one to lay dead on the ground, or would you prefer to stay safe for as long as you can.... just me rambleing
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:What?! What are you putting in it? :shock:
It's the oldest space-eater in the world... music. Though I'm still considering whether to do it or not - the music is in wav/ogg. :roll: 14 days to decide... *realizes* ... *shivers*

darkknight>> I'd say...
The giraffe cannot jump over the fallen tree, but the bird can fly over it with ease.
(okay, I'll stop it)

darkknight
Veteran

#9 Post by darkknight »

oh yeah well...A dog is a dog, a monkey is a monkey, but a child can be anything.
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#10 Post by Megaman Z »

since we have somehow gone from chrono starting this thread to mikey adding a quote to me accepting the position of "geek behind the monitor" to eclipse rewording the quote to make sense to more people to darkknight and mikey just adding quotes, let me say the following things:

a penny saved is a government oversight.

early bird gets the worm. sleep in late

the sole purpose of a child's middle name is so s/he knows when s/he's in deep [dog poo]

(don't ask how this relates to this. just don't. you don't wanna tick D. Zeta off today...)
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by mikey »

Alright then. Enough fun for me - gotta get back to work, I have loads of things to finish so I have time for the big NaNoRenO finish next week. Once again salutes to our new half-time reinforcements, you can do it!!

Must... finish... project... Must... finish...

Good luck everyone.
(and good night, it's almost midnight, just what am I doing at the office? God...)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#12 Post by rioka »

Here's something a little fun from me... ;D It's been a whole week since I showed you guys anything, so here's a line up of characters. BUT! Some are in the game and some are not. Oh yeah, I didn't mention if I was making a bishoujo or a bishounen game either... Oh well, shouldn't matter... ;P

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by mikey »

Holy shmoly! Such abundance! :P
In fact I was already having a conversation with my artist, asking her whether she could make an inventory of characters just like this for the future so I can just pick the suitable one for me when I need. I guess it helps a lot if you have one of the game-making skills so good that you can do it. So, envy envy! 8)

BTW as for me I'd like to see yet another bishounen game, but that's already decided, right?

Jerails
Veteran

#14 Post by Jerails »

Great gigantic glorious gravy gorillas!

I see...Grey dots strewn across 1024 x 768 pixels in the formation of the human anatomy! I see...Whoosh! Ono...er...Ona...Uhh...Onomatapea or something like that...I see words that describe sound! I see...People scrambling during the half time show! I'm curious to know, how's it all gonna flow? Will they all lay low, til it's time to go? How 'bout no? Let us know, what's the dilliyo! *Has those last day of school heeby jeebies.*
It's been a while, folks!

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#15 Post by chronoluminaire »

Wow. Very very cool pictures, eclipse. I'm impressed. :D