Diplomatic Relations [GxG][Fantasy][Romance] - DEMO

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Farryn
Regular
Projects: Diplomatic Relations
IRC Nick: Farryn
Tumblr: princessdealtry

Diplomatic Relations [GxG][Fantasy][Romance] - DEMO

#1 Post by Farryn »

mari_finalscreen5.png

Diplomatic Relations

You're the Princess of Dealtry, sent to marry the Khan of Bayan and secure an alliance between your countries. But your bride-to-be is proving elusive, and there’s more than one distraction to be found in your new home.

Game Info
Type:Commercial
Setting: AU Fantasy World
Release: Early Summer 2018

Features
3 separate routes for each LI
In-game choices unlock extra scenes
18 unique CGs
Original Score

Team
Sprite Art/Design: Karamelow(@MelowBee)
BG Art: ange la ange(angelaelgar.com)
GUI:Sasquatchii(@Sasquatchiix )
Composer: Geoff Moore(@RideTheMammoth)
Producer/Programmer/Writer: Farryn

Main Characters

The Princess of Dealtry(default: Marissa Dealtry)

You've spent your life within the capital as a dutiful and beloved princess. But the threat of war is creeping in on Dealtry's peaceful borders, and if the neighboring country of Bayan can't fight off the invading Batrozian army, then everything you've known might be lost. With this in mind, your parents have arranged for you to marry the Khan to finalize a treaty of resources for protection, and now your new home awaits.

General Logan of Dhie

She doesn't look the friendliest, but as one of Bayan's Seven Generals Logan wastes no time or effort in seeing to your comfort. Something always seems to be troubling her, and she's endlessly apologetic about the Khan's behavior, but perhaps you can break past the space she forces between you and find out why her gaze lingers when you're not looking.

Sophia Loiel

Your loyal retainer and childhood friend, Sophia has left behind everything to travel with you to Bayan. She's always been quick with a joke and quicker with a lance, but her unwavering presence at your side is one of the only reasons you haven't submitted to panic. Still, there's been a shadow in her eyes the past few days, and you've seen the pile of letters in her satchel that have yet to be opened.

Princess Aine Cyrus of Avesta, child to Empress Aine Cailbhin Drau

What a mouthful! Lucky for you, Aine laughs away both title and formalities and takes to being your friend quicker than a duck to water. Despite her elven heritage, she treats everyone as equals(though she isn't beyond a prank or two), and is more than glad to help you navigate the complexities of Bayan's culture. But there's something deeper than the carefree persona she exudes, and you've heard the echoes of a mourning song ringing from high on the castle balconies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of all the things for fate to throw at you now, with your wedding bells ringing in the distance...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading! You can follow our progress on twitter(@princessdealtry).

Just a couple of questions for those who'd like to answer:
1) How do you like the premise of the game? Does this description catch your interest?
2) Which LI interests you the most?
Last edited by Farryn on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Diplomatic Relations [GxG][Fantasy][Romance]

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

The premise definitely catches my interest! I find diplomatic marriages between royalty fascinating - partially because of how many hours I've spent playing Crusader Kings 2, probably. Logan has a sweet haircut and I tend to like ladies with swords, so I'm most interested in her so far. I'm also a fan of MelowBee's art! Good luck with the project and I look forward to hearing more about it.
ImageImageImage

bellice
Veteran

#3 Post by bellice »

Oh, this looks great. I love the concept of diplomatic marriages (admittedly because I spent my youth reading arguably awful romance novels about it) and the characters seem awesome. So far I'm most interested in Logan because I have a deep craving for butch female love interests in these games and she's so handsome. Consequently Sophia is in second place and the dear princess is gonna have to win my heart in-game first.

Hazel
Regular
Projects: Wreath of Roses, BookSLEEPer, Girlfriend Material
Tumblr: zincalloygames
itch: zincalloy

#4 Post by Hazel »

This looks amazing, and right up my alley. Do you guys have a development Tumblr?
Image Image

BookSLEEPer (writer) * Girlfriend Material (writer/programmer)

Farryn
Regular

#5 Post by Farryn »

Thank you for the replies! I'm a huge sucker for arranged/diplomatic marriages as well, hence the premise.

As of the moment, we do not have a development Tumblr. There are a few production goals we want to reach first before creating it.

Farryn
Regular

#6 Post by Farryn »

Hello!

This game is now fully funded and will not have to rely on a kickstarter for release. To celebrate, we've opened a development tumblr at princessdealtry.tumblr.com.

I'll be posting weekly updates and other details there. :D

Remayre

#7 Post by Remayre »

I have to say, I'm in love with this. I'm excitedly waiting for its release!

Farryn
Regular

#8 Post by Farryn »

Thank you! We're hoping to get a short, early-alpha demo ready for Yuri Game Jam 2017 to whet everyone's appetite.

Farryn
Regular

#9 Post by Farryn »

The demo is now out!
https://farryn.itch.io/diplomatic-relations

We also have a feedback survey ready. Everyone who completes it will be entered into a drawing for a free copy of the game.
https://goo.gl/forms/xxgm4JMrutJ4M29o1

poorlyformed
Regular
Projects: Shadowburg
Tumblr: poorlyformed
itch: poorlyformed

Re: Diplomatic Relations [GxG][Fantasy][Romance] - DEMO

#10 Post by poorlyformed »

oh man, all the art and graphics for this are gorgeous! I really enjoyed the demo.