Journey of The Scroll [RPG][IGMC2017][Voiced][v2.2 is up][FREE]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Journey of The Scroll [RPG][IGMC2017][Voiced][v2.2 is up][FREE]

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Tofu Sheets Visual presents---

FREE DOWNLOAD FROM ITCH.IO
(WINDOWS/MAC/LINUX BUILDS AVAILABLE!)

"Upon orders of The Queen, a young mechanic named Marvin is sent out on a journey to find the legendary Heroine who will aid his journey in delivering an important scroll to The Other Kingdom, ruled by The Red Headed King. Unfortunately, this "Heroine" is quite the chore to get along with due to her pride and arrogance, delaying their mission. With the help of his Queen's loyal Scholar and a mysterious, gorgeous fairy... will Marvin and his crew successfully complete his mission before they lose their sanity?"

FEATURES:
- FULLY VOICED CUTSCENES
- Story-driven RPG, so lots of dialogue!
- Approximately an hour of gameplay
- While not everything, a lot of inanimate objects can be interacted with
- 3 possible endings: Bad, OK, and True (+after credits scene if True)
- MV's Side-View Battle System
- My usual odd brand of humour and storytelling
- References linking to our previous RPG
- An overly pushy socks saleman
- Carrots are everywhere!

CHARACTERS

Marvin [CV: Tomas "TTripod" Flores]

A no nonsense mechanic and self-taught gunslinger. He has more nuts and bolts in his pocket than money. Despite his job status seen as a lowly position, he was chosen by the queen to take on her task rather than her most faithful assassin.

Leo'Dan [CV: TJ Faulkner]

The Queen's loyal Elf scholar. He is often very stoic and emotes little, often wearing an unamused expression. Despite this, he can also be quite cheeky and sarcastic when he wants to be. A devoted man; he serves Her Majesty without doubt, and will protect his comrades.

Layla [CV: Kokoro Hane]

Better known as "The Legendary Heroine", Layla is an arrogant, obnoxious young woman whom will take any opportunity to flex her might. Some find her to be extremely dangerous and wild, her companions just see her as an idiot.

Mireena [CV: Rebecca "Froodals" Everson]

A mysterious music fairy whom, after being rescued from a chicken, tags along the quest to deliver the scroll. She also really loves shiny things.

Queen Gale [CV: Angela Tran]

Ruler of The Kingdom of Red, Gale speaks with a harsh yet eloquent tone. She demands respect and that her orders do not be defied.

Mr. Assassin [CV: Justin Seva]

Gale's most faithful assassin whom has saved her a hundred times from obliteration (and boast about it). He is extremely arrogant.

Prince Jared [CV: Dylan Wheeler]

Son of Queen Gale and speaks in a well-behaved manner. Often places bets with his twin sister.

Princess Jordan [CV: Marshmellow Muffin]

Daughter of Queen Gale and also speaks in a well behaved manner. She is often scolded by Leo'Dan for placing bets with her brother.

Ni'Ana [CV: Carmilla Jo]

A colleague and close friend of Leo'Dan, whom is also an Elven scholar, and is half Crimson Eyed--a race not originally from this planet. She longs to find the origin of her mother's race.

Korith [CV: Zeniey]

An experienced observer. He and his son silently track the legendary heroine when they witness her take down a small squadron by herself.

Benjamin [CV: Gohda]

An herbalist, son of Korith.

"The Redheaded King" [CV: Dexter Hackley]

Ruler of the Kingdom Of Blue. Despite his stern and harsh demeanor, he is a passive king that wishes only for his people to be happy and prosper.

"Beloved Queen" [CV: Kokoro Hane]

Wife of the Redheaded King. Very much loved by him.

DEVELOPER'S NOTES (Nov.03.2019)

I FINALLY RE-RELEASED THIS! The game is now properly completed, not the trainwreck it was after the jam. All voices have now been applied, and characters that were voiceless that needed voicing has now been cast. I am super excited to present this to you all. What's new in this version is, of course, all cutscenes are fully voiced, some walkthrough errors corrected, and a few more interactables and NPCs to talk to are added. PLUS! If you get the True ending, you will get a cutscene after the credits roll (be sure to have talked to Ni'Ana, the redheaded elf in the cast or the after credits scene will not play).
Last edited by Kokoro Hane on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

Re: Journey of The Scroll [RPG][IGMC2017][Voiced][v.2 is up]

#2 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Version 2 has now been uploaded! The game is now the way it was originally intended, with FULLY VOICED CUTSCENES, some added random NPCs, you can "read" the books at any bookshelf you find, and a brand new cutscene has been added if you get the True ending after the credits roll.
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Updated to Version 2.1 which fixes a couple errors! Also, uploaded Mac & Linux builds! Updated main post to include character list~
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

FerventWriter
Regular
Tumblr: writingandmore

#4 Post by FerventWriter »

Hi! First of all, thank you for working so hard and making this game! Overall, I really enjoyed it. Here's some of my thoughts as I was playing:
-The starting screen looks a little bland-maybe add the title of the game to it?
-It's really impressive that the entire game is Voice Acted! It really added to the story and I thought all the VAs did a really good job :)
-The characters all have very different, distinct personalities which I really enjoy. With a game that's so centered on story, that's definitely important.
-The music is really good overall-some of it definitely fits the steampunk vibe.
-The humor is also written pretty well-in most cases the story doesn't take itself seriously, but I quite enjoyed that aspect of the game.
-The battle mechanics and visuals were nice as well! And the random encounters weren't so frequent that they were annoying either.

One of the only major complaints I have is that when in the Royal Town, the game froze completely, and I had to start all over. I'm unsure if you're aware of that problem or not, so I thought I'd mention it.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Kokoro Hane »

FerventWriter wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:23 pm Hi! First of all, thank you for working so hard and making this game! Overall, I really enjoyed it. Here's some of my thoughts as I was playing:
-The starting screen looks a little bland-maybe add the title of the game to it?
-It's really impressive that the entire game is Voice Acted! It really added to the story and I thought all the VAs did a really good job :)
-The characters all have very different, distinct personalities which I really enjoy. With a game that's so centered on story, that's definitely important.
-The music is really good overall-some of it definitely fits the steampunk vibe.
-The humor is also written pretty well-in most cases the story doesn't take itself seriously, but I quite enjoyed that aspect of the game.
-The battle mechanics and visuals were nice as well! And the random encounters weren't so frequent that they were annoying either.

One of the only major complaints I have is that when in the Royal Town, the game froze completely, and I had to start all over. I'm unsure if you're aware of that problem or not, so I thought I'd mention it.
Hi there! I am so glad you enjoyed the game! It also pleases me you thought the voicework was well done! That is the most important aspect to majority of my projects, so I am pleased to hear that. As for the title screen, only reason I did not have the game's title is because the menu would block it. I am curious, which ending did you get first and did you go back for the other two? ^^

Your game froze in Royal Town? Huh, that is quite strange. I've played this through myself several times over, and I never encountered this. I'm not sure what would trigger freezing. Usually this happens if a set move path is blocked, and Royal Town only has random movements. But I will investigate this matter! Curious--did it freeze during the cutscene when you enter Royal Town, or when you freely roamed about? This will help tremendously in knowing how to solve it.

Again, thank you SO MUCH for playing ^^
Btw, you didn't have to start all over from the beginning. There were many mandatory saves, so you could've jumped to your most recent one at that time haha. Also were you using v2.0 or the latest v 2.1?
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Journey of The Scroll [RPG][IGMC2017][Voiced][v.2 is up][FREE]

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Okay I found the stuck Royal Town error! A friend of mine screencapped its exact location. I will be uploading a fixed version later in the week!
But for now, it is an easily avoidable error. Just do not go to the end of this path here;
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Journey of The Scroll [RPG][IGMC2017][Voiced][v2.2 is up][FREE]

#7 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Updated all builds to 2.2!

Fixes include:
- Stuck error in Royal Town remedied
- Some typo corrections
- A missing line from Queen Gale added
- Name credit fix during end credits
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Skysthelimitus

#8 Post by Skysthelimitus »

Looks like a fun game, think I'll give it a shot.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Skysthelimitus wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:17 pm Looks like a fun game, think I'll give it a shot.
Awesome! Hope you enjoy it ^^
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"