The special effects

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
georgmay
Regular
Projects: Restriction

The special effects

#1 Post by georgmay »

Welcome to all =) and sorry for my bed English =(
I want add question.
The Ren'Py have some effects like Higurashi Matsuri? (google: higurashi matsuri скриншоты)
if may realise this i will very happy! =)
P.S. 2th SORRY FOR MY BED ENGLISH =((
Returned

maselphie
Regular
Projects: By The Lake, Seraphine

Re: The special effects

#2 Post by maselphie »

What kind of effects? What happens?
I'm not familiar with "Higurashi Matsuri."
I have switched accounts to Aleema.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#3 Post by Enerccio »

Well apart from moves, lypsinc, fading, dissolving, negative I haven't seen much else in Higurashi Matsuri nor Higurashi Matsuri Kakeru Asobi. So, yes, those effect renpy can do. It cant be played on PS2 though.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

georgmay
Regular

#4 Post by georgmay »

If you saw it would understand, so... When Rena yells - "You lie!" (In Onikakushi)
that effect I can not create...
Returned

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#5 Post by JQuartz »

You mean the effect you wanted was the yell or the thing that happens when the yell happened?
If you just want the yell then just use:

Code: Select all

$ renpy.music.play("yell.wav", channel=6, loop=None)
above the dialogue you want the yell to happen like so:

Code: Select all

$ renpy.music.play("yell_objection.wav", channel=6, loop=None)
    "Objection!"
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

#6 Post by Guest »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6IGY2eb ... re=related

I believe he was referring to this. It's a little later in the video, but what he's talking about should be pretty obvious when it comes. (luckily I'm familiar with the Higurashi games...actually just played through the freely-available and English-patched first ep of the quasi-sequel, Umineko :D).

I'm sure there are others who can duplicate this for you (I'm no effects expert XD), but I can suggest looking at the Zoom, im.Map (the map for an inverse image is shown as an example) and Text functions to give yourself a start. I'd also try this Shake effect from the cookbook for the ending bit.

georgmay
Regular

#7 Post by georgmay »

Guest wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6IGY2eb ... re=related

I believe he was referring to this. It's a little later in the video, but what he's talking about should be pretty obvious when it comes. (luckily I'm familiar with the Higurashi games...actually just played through the freely-available and English-patched first ep of the quasi-sequel, Umineko :D).

I'm sure there are others who can duplicate this for you (I'm no effects expert XD), but I can suggest looking at the Zoom, im.Map (the map for an inverse image is shown as an example) and Text functions to give yourself a start. I'd also try this Shake effect from the cookbook for the ending bit.
Absolutely right!
I think that here need another im.MatrixColor, Zoom, special Character, and ... patience ... =)
But since in Ren'Py I have little experience, then ask for help ...

P.S. Once again sorry for bad English, Belarusians difficult given speaking on it =)
Returned