[OPEN] Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - BG Artists, Editors!

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Picture Perfect Romance, Mizari Loves Company, SSWK, Angels with Broken Hearts
Organization: Reine Works, Crystal Compass

[OPEN] Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - BG Artists, Editors!

#1 Post by renkka » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Hello! My name is Ren, and I'm currently searching for team members for the project, "Picture Perfect Romance", which focuses on friendship, comedy, romance, adventure, and relationship-building between all of the characters.

STORY

You can check the post in the WIP thread I made for the project here, which details the entire project, or read below:

Famous actress, Kara Devara (Customizable Name), receives an exclusive invitation to a VIP party at a luxurious mansion in the mountains. On the night of the party, Kara is met with the biggest surprise of her life. The party only has four other guests: Jerri Liun, Zene Moon, Nate Roserenos, and Vin Nadyatkhul, some of the hottest male celebs in the industry. The five of them discover they will be living together in the house for the next ten days as part of the reality TV program, "Picture Perfect Reality."

During that time, will they develop more than just on-screen friendships? Will Kara's “Picture Perfect Reality” become a “Picture Perfect Romance” between her and one of her attractive co-stars?

(Some of our handsome characters to motivate you! Jerri, Vin, and Nate want YOU to bring them to life!)

DETAILS

I have approximately 50% of the scripts finished. This includes: the prologue, main chapter, and 1/4 routes. Each route has 3 unique endings.
Current Word Count: ~90,000
Projected Demo Release Date: Late Summer 2018
Projected Release Date: ~Late 2018, Early 2019
Contact will be through email/PM, and Discord, where I have set up a server for the team members. Our server is very active with all current team members. Our server is professional but also a fun and open environment for everyone!

This is a free project, and this is unpaid work. However, I promise you:
  1. Credit for working on the project
  2. Opportunity to expand your portfolio
  3. Early access to the demo
  4. Early access to the final project
  5. Flexible deadlines
  6. Clear expectations
  7. Fun/Humorous script
  8. Frequent and fun communication with me and the team!
  9. Future opportunities for paid work!
  10. Project will NOT be dropped! The team has been very dedicated.
POSITIONS

Editors
I'm recruiting additional editors who are fluent in English (preferably a native speaker), have strong attention to details, and knowledgeable about advanced punctuation and grammar rules. The editor should also be knowledgeable about VNs (particularly otome games) and excellent at communication, as you will be working with other editors to polish the script.

Responsibilities: The editors will focus more on the story/content, flow, consistency, and clarity of the story, rather than grammar/punctuation. The editor will make detailed suggestions, critiques, and comments on existing scripts, as well as bounce ideas with me if needed. The editor will also make comments on character dynamics/relationships, consistency, flow, and how I can improve those.

Background Artists
The background artist will create several original backgrounds, some with minor variations (day, evening, night). Looking for a line artist and colorist to distribute the workload or someone who can do both lineart and coloring. We have existing BG templates to work with as well as opportunities to collaborate with other artists on the team to get the job done faster.

Marketer/Marketing Consultant
This project needs someone who is experienced in marketing or promoting to reach more audiences. The marketer may personally market the project or provide insight on how I can most effectively market it.

CONTACT

If interested, please PM or email me at rxnkka@gmail.com with a brief introduction (qualifications, projects, samples, etc.) or message me on Discord renkka#7311. Bonus points if you mention who your favorite "Picture Perfect Romance" character is (even more bonus points if you explain why).

Feel free to also shoot me a PM here or comment if you have any questions. Looking forward to hearing from all of you!
Last edited by renkka on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 26 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)
Narrative Designer, Writer, Editor
-- Character Art by: Eightway (The Glass Coffin), MizuYukiiro (Honey Trap), YuukiPudding (Picture Perfect Romance)

renkka
Regular
Projects: The Glass Coffin, Picture Perfect Romance, Mizari Loves Company, SSWK, Angels with Broken Hearts

Re: Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - Editor Needed!

#2 Post by renkka » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:39 pm

I have found two proofreaders! I now only need an editor for this project. My e-mail and PMs are open for anyone interested.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)
-- Character Art by: Eightway (The Glass Coffin), MizuYukiiro (Honey Trap), YuukiPudding (Picture Perfect Romance)

renkka
Regular

Re: Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - Editor, BG Artist, GUI, etc.!

#3 Post by renkka » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Positions added! Hope everyone has been having a great week.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - Editor, BG Artist, GUI, etc.!

#4 Post by renkka » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:57 pm

BG artist has been found! Still searching for an editor, marketer, GUI artist, and composer.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - Composer, Marketer, etc.!

#5 Post by renkka » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Now seeking multiple editors to better distribute the workload. Need 1-2 more editors in addition to the ones I am working with adding to the team.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - Sprite/CG Artists, Editor, Marketer, etc.!

#6 Post by renkka » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:39 am

Updated. Recruiting sprite and CG artists who draw in anime/manga style. One editor position now open.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: [OPEN] Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - Sprite/CG Artists*, Editor, Marketer, etc.!

#7 Post by renkka » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:30 pm

We have made a lot of progress within the past 2 months on writing, proofreading, editing, music, GUI, and BG art and really need character artists to get this project going. Would like artists who can draw in manga/anime/manhwa style. Please contact me!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: [OPEN] Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - Sprite/CG Artists*, Editor, Marketer, etc.!

#8 Post by renkka » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:50 am

Sprite artist position still available!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

#9 Post by renkka » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Really need a character artist to get this project going. We already have a lot of soundtracks, BGs, and writing done!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: [OPEN] Picture Perfect Romance [GxB]- GUI Artist

#10 Post by renkka » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 am

Updated. Need a GUI artist to create text boxes, buttons, and a few screens. Will either work individually or with another GUI artist. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: [OPEN] Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - Editor, GUI Artist!

#11 Post by renkka » Sun May 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Still looking for a GUI artist who can work alongside me and other team members and possibly another editor to join our team of editors. Please PM me if interested or message me on Discord at renkka#7311. Thanks!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)

renkka
Regular

Re: [OPEN] Picture Perfect Romance [GxB] - BG Artists, Editor, GUI Artist!

#12 Post by renkka » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:19 am

We will be needing help to finish up our existing BGs as well as create additional BGs to meet our goal of releasing the demo by August! Background art is our highest priority at the moment, since our character art is moving steadily, as well as other parts of the project. Thus, we are searching for additional BG artists who can work with us and make this project a reality!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Renkka (Crystal Compass)