images not appearing occasionally

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
umbrellaspy

images not appearing occasionally

#1 Post by umbrellaspy »

Hi, so I'm having an error in which I am coding multiple images in one scene/label, and for whatever reason some images just are not showing. the game still functions fine, and it even shows some of the images, but not others. to give a sort of visual;

label finale:
show war
n "insert text here"
show success
n "insert text here"
show win

menu:
"choice"

this is a general version of what I have. it shows the "war" image just fine, and even has no problem showing the "fallen" image, but for whatever reason it will not show "win" even though it is formatted the exact same way.

this 'glitch' also sometimes occurs with jumping to a new scene, as it will show the proper text/dialogue and even play the right music, but the image will not show up even though it will if the scene is jumped to from a different part of the game.

does anyone else know how to fix this? because there doesn't seem to be any differences in the coding where these glitches occur when compared to where the transitions and jumps work just fine. I am very confused.

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

Re: images not appearing occasionally

#2 Post by mitoky »

Hello! (:

Could you please also copy/paste the part i which you definied the images? Also, please use the coding tool when posting code, as it helps to see if there could be indentation errors. Just put [*code] before and [*/code] after your code without the stars.