Various newbie questions

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Sirdheenz

Re: Various newbie questions

#16 Post by Sirdheenz »

verysunshine wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:39 am
Sirdheenz wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:38 am
mitoky wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:25 am

Its a bit hard for me to understand what your problem is.
The best thing would be if you post your code with the code format on lemmasoft. Like this without the stars: [*code] YOUR CODE HERE [*/code]

Afterwards explain:
1.) what happens with that code and
2.) what you want to actually happen instead
If you cant speak english good, thats no problem (: Try to explain in short points, it may helpt a bit!

Also, if you have more than one problem with your code, list each problem one after another.
sorry sir .. i dont know .
It's okay to not understand things. I think we're all a little bit confused.

What is your native language? Knowing the language you speak could help us communicate.

Code can be added to forum posts with the "</>" button. The button is above the text box. It should give you this:

Code: Select all

CODE GOES HERE!
Here is what I think your code looks like.

Code: Select all

screen blabla: 
	imagemap auto ( "blabla _%. png") xpos 100 ypos 100 focus_mask True action Return ("blabla")
screen alala: 
	imagemap auto ("alala _%. png) xpos 50 ypos 50 focus_mask True action Return (" alala ") 
label start:
 	scene blck 
	show screen blabla 
	call screen blabla 
	show screen alala 
	call screen alala 
	$ result = _return 
	if _return = "blabla" 
		blck scene #(I want this in direct hit jump to "blck scene") 
		$ result = _return 
	if _return = "alala" 
		scene blck
		$ result = _return 
The line "blck scene" does not mean anything in Ren'Py. It tells Ren'Py to look for a "blck" named "scene". It doesn't know what a "blck" is, so it will create an error. You can replace "blck scene" with "scene blck" or "jump blck scene". These instructions will produce different results.

The line "scene black" will tell Ren'Py to look for a "scene" called "blck". Scenes are the backgrounds. (Think of it as "scenery".)

The line "jump blck scene" will make Ren'Py look for a label named "blck scene." If it finds this label, it will start reading the information in that label. You can look in the sample game "The Question" to see how this works. This game came with Ren'Py. It's located below the tutorial.

I do not understand the questions you are asking. Please do not be discouraged. We would love to help you.

I could guess what you are asking, but that may not help.

"How to keep imagemap can still exist / appear even though I go in one scene and still can click" could be "How do I keep the imagemap visible even after I go into a scene and can click on other things?"

"after blabla / alala brings me to blck scene when cursor leads to blabla / alala they die.
unlike before its when the cursor approaches they light up and this is off when you want to click the second time, can I repeat it stay there even though I repeatedly clicked on them and they stay on and respond ??? " is less clear. "After blablabla or alala bring me to the blck screen, when the cursor goes over blablabla or alalala the screens disappear. Before, when the cursor goes over the buttons, they light up. When you go to click the second time, they do not light up. Can they still light up when my cursor is over them after I select a button?" The last sentence is my biggest guess. I have no idea what your question means.

What are blablabla and alala supposed to do within the game? Are the screens maps, with the buttons being locations? Are the screens part of a heads up display? Is it something else?
nah i know sir.. and i already posting there..
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=48060
thank you sir 😉😉