Need a Team [SciFi][Serious][Series] + NaNoReno 2018

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Wraiith303

Need a Team [SciFi][Serious][Series] + NaNoReno 2018

#1 Post by Wraiith303 »

Hi Lemma's

About Me: I own two businesses (IT and another more light-hearted one)
I have published several short stories on Amazon before and people tend to like my writing although I will not say I feel like a brilliant writer.
I can code a little (Self-taught in some of the older languages like Pascal, Delphi etc - So I understand how to code in Ren'Py and VN Maker)

I've been working on an idea for several years now and finally decided to start implementing it.
I'm creating an ongoing Sci-Fi visual novel, in episodes.

Think StarTrek meets The Expanse while exploring different themes in each "episode"

What I'm looking for to start off with:
  • Team to brainstorm with
  • Co-Writer
  • Programmer (I can do it myself but will go a lot quicker if I can focus on writing)
  • Character Artist (Would prefer a semi-realistic art style to fit with story/atmosphere)
  • BG Artist
And later:
  • Translator from english to japanese
  • Voice Actors
  • Composer
I have several characters ready I understand and can write for (They speak and think like actual people and not the light-hearted anime way)
I have a few thousand words of script
I have the entire first episode charted with ideas for the second one

Some of the characters include:
A captain of the United Nations Fleet who is burdened by the responsibility of keeping his crew alive
A young, Christian medic from Old Earth trying to reconcile her faith and finding purpose
A brilliant engineer with a hidden past of depression and drug abuse

Some of the themes I want to explore:
Hope vs Fear
Clones and Souls (For the medic)
Sacrificing one to save thousands vs saving one loved one by sacrificing thousands etc.

Each episode will roughly be 30-40min of play, and depending on the team i would like to get a new episode out each month.
There is a main story line with branches that always reconcile with each other, while still having a meaningful impact on the story. I won't describe it as a kinetic novel since the in-between parts can vary wildly.

I don't want to bore anyone to death by going into too much detail, but you are welcome to reach out if this is something you would want to be a part of.
This is a passion project and the game will be free. While the game won't have any explicit sex or nudity it will touch on, and explore adult themes.
The timing is perfect to write an episode for NaNoReno 2018

CoryMason

Re: Need a Team [SciFi][Serious][Series] + NaNoReno 2018

#2 Post by CoryMason »

Hi! This sounds like an interesting project.

I can fill the co-writer position, and could also provide voice over and audio editing once you decide to implement that.

You can find some of my work at http://tomodachiworks.com

AnastasiaMorning
Deviantart: AnastasiaMorning

#3 Post by AnastasiaMorning »

Hi!
I'd like to contribute as a character artist.
You can see my art style here https://anastasiamorning.deviantart.com/gallery/
I can communicate via Skype or email artisticanastasia@gmail.com

janerascal
Tumblr: pluckedthieves
Deviantart: janerascal
Github: janerascal
Soundcloud: janerascal
itch: janerascal

#4 Post by janerascal »

Hey!

I'd like to contribute as a co-writer and I have background in voice acting! I don't have any work you can look at as a writer but I'd be willing to send you some unfinished manuscripts I have! I'm also a DJ and can lend my help there if you need it!

My email is thejanerascal@gmail.com

Jane <3

AbleKirby

#5 Post by AbleKirby »

I've sent you an email via LSF, so im not sure if you got it, but I'd like to help with this project. I could compose and help in other aspects if needed (script, programming, planning).
-AbleKirby