Character Artist {OPEN}

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Remnantation
Deviantart: Remnantation

Character Artist {OPEN}

#1 Post by Remnantation » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 pm

Hello!
I am an artist for hire! I have experience doing VN Sprites and some chunks of time to fill with more work! I prefer to communicate through email, which I do my best to make sure is frequent.

My strengths are sprites and CG's, which tend to range a little closer to full-proportioned anime. I can also serve as a sounding board and talk some writing. I tend to work pretty quickly and offer updates at just about every step so we can make sure you get what you want. I can make anything from sketches for someone else to line and color or do the same to other art if you prefer my lining/coloring style but not the drawing style.

I send invoices and take payment through Paypal, specifically in USD. Payment comes first - then I begin work very quickly. I usually have each step within days of each other. I can also supply the finished PSD and a Sprite sheet.

As for prices, needs for each project can vary. For a rough estimate:

One Sprite with five expressions, one outfit, one pose, at HIP length, lined and colored: 25$ EA
- An additional expression pack (+1-5 expressions): + 5$
- Additional outfits: + 15$~
- Pose modification: + 15$~
--------> A pose modification is a small change such as the position of the arms, direction of the head, legs, ect. If there are too many modifications and/or is is basically a new pose, it will count as a second Sprite.

- CG art begins at 50$ and goes up depending on complexity.

These prices may change depending on complexity. An extra charge will be rendered for NSFW art and/or if there is designing work (such as if you do not have a reference).

WILL/WON'T:
I can do NSFW, but if there are fetishes involved there will need to be a discussion. I can do animal partials (cat ears and tail, ect) but not furries (out of a lack of skill). Otherwise, I'm pretty open. If you're not sure, just ask!

For all art, it is done for the commissioner and not to be resold. My requirements are (obviously) credit and the right to display the art in a portfolio, but not to be resold without the original commissioner's permission. They can be used for free or commercial projects, although if you are a larger studio there may need to be some discussion.

If you're interested or want to open negotiations, let me know! You can post here, PM me, or send an email to Remnantation@gmail.com
Attachments
4.jpg
I can also do action
Terry Maxwell Walk.jpg
This would be a more realistic sort of style
RoryJade Beserk2 CUT.jpg
MG Sketch.jpg
A more anime based style
LS Sketch.jpg
LS Sketch2.jpg
Asa's Ghosts CUT.jpg
LS SAMPLE.jpg
Stage Example: Sketch, Lined, Base Colored, Shaded
Last edited by Remnantation on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

MiracleCatZ
Projects: pawZ
Organization: MiracleCatZ

Re: Character Artist {OPEN}

#2 Post by MiracleCatZ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:54 pm

I am highly interested in your work please pm so we can work something out for a project of mine!!!

nanna4673
Regular
Completed: Choice, 19 Hours, Dreamcatcher
Projects: A Cheesy Love Story
Tumblr: Kajilia
Deviantart: ferris4673

#3 Post by nanna4673 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Hello! I'm looking for a single CG for my NaNoReNo project, is that something we could negotiate?^^
19 Hours - Experimental, psychological VN: http://nanna4673.itch.io/19-hours

Choice - Short visual novel for NaNoRenO 2015: http://nanna4673.itch.io/choice

Dreamcatcher - Supernatural, psychological, mystery VN: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39810

A Question Of Normalcy - Contemporary VN, NaNoReno 2017: https://nanna4673.itch.io/a-question-of-normalcy

Current project- A Cheesy Love Story ~A very silly otome game~ : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=33968

Remnantation

#4 Post by Remnantation » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Here's an update now that I've finished a few commissions! I've also updated the original thread with a little more information.
Attachments
Lias Ariel Love Knot CP.jpg
Faas Reunion CP.jpg
Fire DancerCP.jpg
Sprite Body Sheet.jpg
This is available in the free resources section.
Astarota Sprite CP2.jpg
Astarota Sprite CP.jpg
Pik CP.jpg
Leland CP.jpg

EVƎ
Projects: Astarota, LuGame, Revolt, and Code: Bermuda
Organization: Imperium Interactive Games

#5 Post by EVƎ » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Wonderful artist! Efficient, great to work with, and gives progress every step of the way. I’m currently commissioning them for a small project and I can’t recommend them enough.
Current Projects: Astarota [18+]

Preseva
Regular
Projects: The Miller's Daughter

#6 Post by Preseva » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:19 pm

I already had a character artist for my game, but I hired Remnantation as an art editor to really push up the quality of the sprites and polish them, and it's been one of the best decisions I've made for the game. She has an advanced understanding of draping and the finer points of anatomy, and crisp and beautiful line work. She's offered detailed, insightful workshop-style critique and feedback on drawings as well as general art advice along with corrections. She really goes above and beyond in everything she does. I can confirm that her turn around is fast and consistent and she cares about getting it right for the client.

Remnantation

#7 Post by Remnantation » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:49 am

Thanks a bunch to both of you!

sunasrose
Regular
Projects: GoS, Lucid9 - Scenario Writer; Videos for NOBY, Sickness, Leet Music, Lucid9
Deviantart: sunasrose

#8 Post by sunasrose » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm

I couldn't be happier with Remnantation. Her delivery time is incredibly fast. I've had issues with other artists not giving progress updates, making it difficult to make changes. But with Remnantation, she gives progress updates every step of the way, making sure she's meeting my vision. And she's far exceeded that. I'm so happy to see my characters to come to life. Her art is gorgeous, polished, and overall I'm very pleased.
Writer, Editor and aspiring game dev. Design Portfolio here: http://dropr.com/portfolio127638

Remnantation

#9 Post by Remnantation » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Thank you!

Widdershins

#10 Post by Widdershins » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:05 pm

I commissioned Remnantation for character sketches and line art, and cannot recommend her enough! Her work is consistently high quality, and almost preternaturally fast; her communication is responsive, knowledgeable, and accommodating. She handles tricky postures and nuanced expressions with aplomb, and she cares about representing the characters as individuals, imbuing sprites with a sense of movement and life. She's a delight to communicate with, and I'd commission her again in a heartbeat-- her stellar artwork and terrific attitude both regularly defied my expectations. Highly, highly recommend working with her!

Remnantation

#11 Post by Remnantation » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:00 pm

@Widdershins
Thank you very much! It's been a great pleasure working with you!

Remnantation

#12 Post by Remnantation » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:53 am

I've agreed not to show much of my recent commissions yet, so here's an update of what I can show and some other recent artwork!

Just recently finished most of my recent batch, so if you're interested, shoot me an email! Currently, I'm particularly interested in sketches and/or lines, and maybe something more specifically anime since some of my recents were not, but all of it is still open!
Attachments
GG E.jpg
RA Corset Redraw.jpg
V E.jpg
Terry Hair Prac.jpg
Nubbs Father.jpg
Modern!Stardust Doodle E.jpg
Gear Mysti Forehead E.jpg
BR E.jpg