Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG][NaNo 2018][IntRenAiMo][Dystopia / Romance] BIG Update! Call for Beta Readers!

NaNoRenO is an event where creators make a game from scratch during the month of March.
chaironiichan
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG

Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG][NaNo 2018][IntRenAiMo][Dystopia / Romance] BIG Update! Call for Beta Readers!

#1 Post by chaironiichan »

Whoever loves, let him flourish.
Let him perish who knows not love.
Let him perish twice over whoever forbids love.

- Inscribed in the remains of the House of Caecilius Iucundus
Burned down by the destruction of Pompeii
Updates
March 5 - Annabelle Sprites finished
March 21 - MASSIVE Update! Character bios, screenshots, and more!
!! ATTENTION !!

Interested in reading Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot early? Become a Beta Reader!

Send a message by clicking the Contact button over there :arrow:
And sending a PM through Lemmasoft!

Synopsis
Fifteen years ago, a fatal and near untraceable disease was discovered after the deaths of six children in Manila. After finding out that the disease is only transferable through skin contact, they shut the city off from the world, until a cure could be found.

Now in present day, twenty-three year old Jericho survives by being an intimus : someone who sells human touch inside the walls of the Neo-Manila QZ. Though the crime is considered punishable by death, both police and citizens have come to accept them as part of "normal" life.

That is, until one day, a new chief inspector is put into position, who’s determined to rid the streets of intimus once and for all.

Now Jericho, deprived of clients, is starving. And the decisions he will make will determine if he dies by the end of the day, continue being a survivor...

Or maybe, show him something that's thought impossible in Neo-Manila : love.

Characters

Screenshots

Planned Features
- Approx. 2 Hours Demo, 30 Min per route
- 12 Possible Endings (9 Bad, 3 Good)
- 3 Romanceable Characters (Might expand to 5)
- A thrilling suspenseful story that will be sure to glue you to your seats!

Team Members
Writing: chaironiichan
Programming: chaironiichan
Character Art: JodTheCod
BG Art: Hooleyah
Last edited by chaironiichan on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Click to play the DEMO!

niannn
Regular
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#2 Post by niannn »

Oh my, this seems interesting! Looking forward to this game :3
Since you mentioned Manila, then is it safe to assume that this is a Filipino-made game? Then, if it is, well, additional kudos to you, fellow Filipinos (if not, then I apologize for assuming but anyways xD)
Image Image ImageImage

chaironiichan

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#3 Post by chaironiichan »

niannn wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 am Oh my, this seems interesting! Looking forward to this game :3
Since you mentioned Manila, then is it safe to assume that this is a Filipino-made game? Then, if it is, well, additional kudos to you, fellow Filipinos (if not, then I apologize for assuming but anyways xD)
Indeed! We're an all-Filipino team ^_^ we set it in Manila because we all grew up from here! :D

Thanks for the support, kabayan, we're looking forward to finishing this project too! :D
Click to play the DEMO!

niannn
Regular
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn

#4 Post by niannn »

chaironiichan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:04 am
niannn wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 am Oh my, this seems interesting! Looking forward to this game :3
Indeed! We're an all-Filipino team ^_^ we set it in Manila because we all grew up from here! :D

Thanks for the support, kabayan, we're looking forward to finishing this project too! :D
You're welcome, kabayans. Wish you all the best for this project :)
Image Image ImageImage

saetan

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#5 Post by saetan »

An absolutely interesting concept XD The catchphrase was spot on too! Wishing you the best and hope to read it soon :D

chaironiichan

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG] [NaNo 2018] [IntRenAiMo] [Dystopia / Romance]

#6 Post by chaironiichan »

saetan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 am An absolutely interesting concept XD The catchphrase was spot on too! Wishing you the best and hope to read it soon :D
Thanks saetan! ^_^ we’ll post weekly updates so that waiting won’t feel as long! :D
Click to play the DEMO!

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#7 Post by wyverngem »

So this main character is basically a prostitue for selling his body (not nessisarily sex). It sounds like an interesting concept. Is Jericho not going to have a sprite?

chaironiichan

#8 Post by chaironiichan »

wyverngem wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:59 pm So this main character is basically a prostitue for selling his body (not nessisarily sex). It sounds like an interesting concept. Is Jericho not going to have a sprite?
Jericho and two other characters are up next ^_^

And you’re technically right, but there’s a reason we use intimus instead of prostitute :D I don’t know how much we could divulge right now, but essentially the vn was born out of a desire for “Handholding and Embracing : the VN” :lol:
Click to play the DEMO!

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

#9 Post by zankizuna »

Labasan na mga pinoyy!!
(Appear, you filipino people!)
Oi this project sounds really great!
How do we find love in such an impossible place as Neo Manila?
How do I catch you when you fall if we're forbidden to even touch?
Is there a secret gang somewhere that.. touch each other and not get caught doing it?
Looking forward to the answers in game! Good luck on this NaNo project!

Avior
Regular
Completed: Voeux, That Bitter Taste, MISSION: Otome!, B.A.T., Assume Survival, Glass Rooms, The Candles Breathe
Projects: String Us Together
Organization: Avior Games, Dream Team Studios
itch: avior

#10 Post by Avior »

This looks like a really cool concept! Definitely an interesting twist on a dystopian setting, and the art looks really good so far (that's a clever logo)! I'll be keeping an eye on this one. :D
Image Image

chaironiichan

#11 Post by chaironiichan »

UPDATE
Annabelle sprites!

Click to play the DEMO!

chaironiichan

#12 Post by chaironiichan »

zankizuna wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:26 am Labasan na mga pinoyy!!
(Appear, you filipino people!)
Oi this project sounds really great!
How do we find love in such an impossible place as Neo Manila?
How do I catch you when you fall if we're forbidden to even touch?
Is there a secret gang somewhere that.. touch each other and not get caught doing it?
Looking forward to the answers in game! Good luck on this NaNo project!
Avior wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:51 pm This looks like a really cool concept! Definitely an interesting twist on a dystopian setting, and the art looks really good so far (that's a clever logo)! I'll be keeping an eye on this one. :D
Thanks Avior and Raseruu! :D
Click to play the DEMO!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#13 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This looks like a really intriguing game, especially being based in Manila! <3
I am looking forward to it~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

chaironiichan

#14 Post by chaironiichan »

Kokoro Hane wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 pm This looks like a really intriguing game, especially being based in Manila! <3
I am looking forward to it~
Thanks Kokoro Hane! :D
Click to play the DEMO!

chaironiichan

Re: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot [BxG][NaNo 2018][IntRenAiMo][Dystopia / Romance] BIG Update! Call for Beta Read

#15 Post by chaironiichan »

UPDATE
Lots of new material today! Check out the main post to see some early screenshots of the game, as well as the character bios!

We'd also like to show you some concept art of another heroine of DNL, Mai!

And of course, one of the most anticipated designs, the look of the MC, Jericho!
Always keep an eye out for more updates! Just a few more days till NaNo ends! :D

P.S. Can't wait to read Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot? Become a Beta Reader today! Hit me up with a PM here on Lemmasoft if you're interested! :arrow: :arrow:

EDIT: Here's a sample rough sketch of the BGs in DNL!
Click to play the DEMO!