Hiding textbox for title slides

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Dave the Twisted
Regular
Projects: 5 Minutes [Cute Story]

Hiding textbox for title slides

#1 Post by Dave the Twisted »

I have a title slide I want to use for my VN. My problem is when I use the basic "scene" function, it shows up for a millisecond and goes to the next scene. I tried putting in a blank line of dialogue, but that gives me a textbox obscuring my beautiful title slide.
Attachments
This is what I got
This is what I got
This is what I want
This is what I want
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

Dalton
Regular

Re: Hiding textbox for title slides

#2 Post by Dalton »

give it a

Code: Select all

scene bg your background
$ renpy.pause (5.0, hard=True)
Like that your screen will be shown for 5 seconds.
~Imagination is more important than knowledge (Albert Einstein)~

Just working on graphics for the moment... May start talking about my project once they are done...

Jake
Support Hero

#3 Post by Jake »

Dave the Twisted wrote:I have a title slide I want to use for my VN. My problem is when I use the basic "scene" function, it shows up for a millisecond and goes to the next scene. I tried putting in a blank line of dialogue, but that gives me a textbox obscuring my beautiful title slide.
You probably want to investigate the following:

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/ref ... ions/Pause

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/coo ... the_Window
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#4 Post by Watercolorheart »

Jake wrote:
Dave the Twisted wrote:I have a title slide I want to use for my VN. My problem is when I use the basic "scene" function, it shows up for a millisecond and goes to the next scene. I tried putting in a blank line of dialogue, but that gives me a textbox obscuring my beautiful title slide.
You probably want to investigate the following:

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/ref ... ions/Pause

http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/coo ... the_Window
Ah, two very nice techniques that I usually forget to put it. Don't forget pressing "H" will also hide the textbox.
I'm not even the same person anymore

Dave the Twisted
Regular
Projects: 5 Minutes [Cute Story]

#5 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Ah, excellent. Thank you all. I knew there had to be an obvious solution I was overlooking.
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.