Well Met official (I guess) thread

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
bookie
Veteran

#16 Post by bookie »

eclipse wrote:
bookie wrote:This is so much fun, hehe.
Which is? Making the game or cracking the whip over your artist? ;D
I'll get back to you on that one. XD

bookie
Veteran

#17 Post by bookie »

Hrm, my artist dissapeared. Everything else is going smoothly though so I don't think it'll be too much of a problem.

But if I have to draw myself... that's a quality--

clubanimon
Regular

#18 Post by clubanimon »

Bookie, i'm sure even if you draw it yourself it will still be great ^^

i really am looking forward to your release, yay shonen-ai!

bookie
Veteran

#19 Post by bookie »

Updated the front. Writing the script is almost done, but the only time I have to do it is during school, which sucks. GRRRRR school

bookie nli

#20 Post by bookie nli »

Got a new artist so things are running smoothly again!

Sketch 1
Sketch 2
They're big, but beautiful XD

JackalAndromeda
Regular

#21 Post by JackalAndromeda »

Those are gorgeous! I'm soooooo looking forward to this game.

bookie
Veteran

#22 Post by bookie »

Writing the last few scenes took a whole month to do. =o But now I'm breezing over the coding, and after that it's the daunting task of getting down all the graphics.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#23 Post by mikey »

Go bookie go, it's nice to see the project is progressing. Looking forward! :wink:

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#24 Post by chronoluminaire »

Excellent! Very glad to hear of the progress. Keep it up! :D

bookie
Veteran

#25 Post by bookie »

Whee update o' the month!

It seems as if artist number two has gone AWOL, so I guess I'll be hunkering down and doing the art. This means that the game will either be published by Augest tenth or it may not be published at all, because I will loose access to my scanner and image editing program at that time.

To make matters worse I'll be gone for 20 days starting monday on a trip to Taiwan! But I have the scrip almost done so graphics alone stand between me and publishing. *strikes a heroic pose* I WILL actually finish something I've started, or I'll die trying!

bookie
Veteran

#26 Post by bookie »

Transfering the code from all my notes into the computer is finished! Thank god! Now comes the graphics and testing. I need to also go through the entire game looking for logic and plot holes, since the structure is a little complicated.

If one or two people would be willing to play test a graphicless version I'd appreciate it. Just be warned that compared to the other games I've played around here, this one has a /lot/ more paths.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#27 Post by mikey »

Heeey, nice! So you actually have a more-or-less working version, in ren'py and all it needs are graphics? If that's the case, well, congratulations and keep it up :wink: .

bookie
Veteran

#28 Post by bookie »

Yup, that's the case. I've got little placeholder graphics like "May pissed" "May happy" running around the screen when I play. It's actually fun to watch. XD

bookie
Veteran

#29 Post by bookie »

I kinda feel guilty running around like a headless chicken in my happiness, but this was probably the most productive day, besides the first, that I've ever had. Allow me to demonstrate.

I have three of the four pictures I need drawn, and I'm working on emotes for this guy. *Dances in glee*

Sometimes I can draw and sometimes I can't, but I guess I picked a good day to try.

JackalAndromeda
Regular

#30 Post by JackalAndromeda »

Oh my Bookie, you draw a lot better than you were letting on. =3 I'm glad it's progressing well. Nice cell-style shading.