proofreading/editing help needed [filled]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

proofreading/editing help needed [filled]

#1 Post by jack_norton »

I'm basically done with my current game Spirited Heart, but I already started another one, a sci-fi story called Bionic Heart (I'm too lazy to link but you can find more info about it in this forum).
I started writing it in italian to have it translated, but I think I probably would get a better result if someone just edit my texts once I have rewritten them in english. I can write in "decent" english but I'd need someone to recheck the texts for errors and "enrich" them, since I don't know many english words (to avoid the story/narration become too much repetitive).
So far the script is about 8k words, so I'm still far to finish it, but if someone could check/edit what I've done so far in the meanwhile would be great :oops:

edit: seems like I found someone already. thanks! :)
Last edited by jack_norton on Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Adoxographist
Regular

Re: editing help needed :)

#2 Post by Adoxographist »

Wow! Sounds tough...
I would offer to help, but, unfortunately, I don't really think I've got the English editing expertise that might be required to assist you.
After all, I'm rather young.

Still, I wish you luck! I had a look at the game demo, and it looks fabulous so far!

Nya-chan Production
Regular
Projects: autumn, Identityless

Re: editing help needed :)

#3 Post by Nya-chan Production »

I'd reccommend renaming the topic name to something like "proofreaders needed", since that is what you are actually looking for. I'd help, but I am not native speaker as well and I am already TLing, but I hope I might be of some help in case that some people were driven away just by the name of the thread ^^ (since I expected fairly different thing from "editing help")
Currently working on: Identityless
HOW DO I INPUT THIS GODDAMN THING I WANT IN MY GAME TO IT?
WHY ARE THE CHARACTER ARTISTS SO LAZY?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: proofreading/editing help needed :)

#4 Post by jack_norton »

Ok changed the thread name :) BTW happy Easter anyone.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games