Menu Position -Solved-

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Zoanthia

Menu Position -Solved-

#1 Post by Zoanthia »

Hello, I am completely new to this software. As such, I am probably asking a very newb question. I did look through a lot of threads, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. My question is regarding menu positions on the screen.

In the tutorial, the screen where you can select what you want to do learn has the character off to one side, and the menu to the other. I know how to make menus, but I do not know how to put it off to the side like that. I look at the script, and I cannot find what I am looking for.

Any help on this would be wonderful.

~Cheers

edit: I found the page where the main menu in the demo game, and it's all in python! Still need help. x_X
Last edited by Zoanthia on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

Re: Menu Position

#2 Post by JQuartz »

Zoanthia wrote:I know how to make menus, but I do not know how to put it off to the side like that.
Well you can use style.menu_window or you can use ui.textbuttons or you can do like the demo and code it using python.

To use style.menu_window, just throw this in your script:

Code: Select all

init:
    $ style.menu_window.xpos=500
To use ui.textbutton you might need to read this:http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/ref ... _Functions

To use the python code, you'll have to be able to understand some coding. You can find the code in the demos.rpy in the demo (project) folder.
Zoanthia wrote:I look at the script, and I cannot find what I am looking for.
You can find the code in the demos.rpy in the demo (project) folder.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Zoanthia

#3 Post by Zoanthia »

ah...thank you so much! That really helps out.

I just have one quick question. Since I am a newb, is there a place where I can find the information quickly? Because I thought i went through all the tutorials on the website, but I guess I didn't find that one.

Also, is there a simple way to resize the menu bars? My game is a little smaller than 800x600 so the text goes off the side of the game.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#4 Post by JQuartz »

Zoanthia wrote:I just have one quick question. Since I am a newb, is there a place where I can find the information quickly?
This should be the place:http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/ref ... nce_Manual
Zoanthia wrote:is there a simple way to resize the menu bars?
Probably this would work:

Code: Select all

init:
    $ style.menu_choice_button.xminimum=100
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Zoanthia

Re: Menu Position -Solved-

#5 Post by Zoanthia »

Thank you so much JQuartz. You have been a huge help. <3