The Alien of The Occult Club is a visual novel in which you join transfer student Ichiko Popopokopo as she sets out to start her new school life, make friends, pursue her movie making dreams, and more.
Greetings and salutations, anyone and everyone that's come to this thread! I'm Justiguy of Rose Garden Games, and this is The Alien of The Occult Club.
In The Alien of The Occult Club, you'll be taking on the role of Ichiko Popopokopo, a student transferring into to Zealgood Academy, a school specifically for the pursuit of pretty much all things creative. She dreams of making movies like the many, many movies that have all inspired her, and if all goes well, my plan is that the player will have a hand in the kinds of assignments she works on towards chasing that goal.
On that note, my current plan is for there to be branching storylines that you will be able to explore alongside an ongoing one that goes on regardless of your choices, but whether or not I'll be able to do that will ultimately depend on how well I'm able to handle Visual Novel Maker. Suffice to say, chances are that at least some of these plans are likely to change.
In the meantime, I'd love any advice or feedback I could get on what I've got now, especially when it comes to the written aspect of TAOTOC as that's really where my main focus has been - though comments regarding any aspect of the game are most definitely welcome here!
You can download The Alien of The Occult Club on its itch.io page here for Windows, Linux, and Mac. There are screenshots of the game's latest build on the game's itch.io page if you'd like to see those, so in the meanwhile, here are the character bios I've made thus far for the game's cast (with more to come!):
1. Did you enjoy the demo? Was there anything in particular that made it more or less enjoyable for you?
2. What did you think about the protagonist? Did you enjoy when the game let her go on about things from her perspective, or do you think it was better when she was interacting with others more than with herself?
3. What did you think about the other characters? What did you think about how the protagonist interacted with the other characters? Were these things you enjoyed, and if not, is there anything that stands out to you as a way they might be improved?
4. Would you play a future update/completed version of the game?
5. Does the game's premise interest you? How does the execution hold up (so far)?
6. Was there any specific scene that you enjoyed or disliked more than another?
7. Was there any specific character that you might want to see more or less of?
8. How does everything look and sound to you? Did the game work and run properly?
9. If you came upon this thread and are deciding not to download, I'd still love to hear from you! Is there anything that made you feel that way in particular? Am I selling the game poorly? Maybe I've lost you, but I'd still love to hear what you think all the same!
10. I've asked you a lot of questions, so now I'm turning the table around: Is there anything you want to know about the game? Heck, is there anything you'd like to see?