Limiting Choices?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
rune

Limiting Choices?

#1 Post by rune »

Yay thanks very much for all the help you guys! i fixed all my problems!
Um...the sad thing is only to have new ones >_> i was reading
through the refrence and examples but they reallie boggle my mind
so lemme see kinda hard to explain

basically if you choose go to the park, in the next set of choices i want there to be "eat ice cream!" but if you dont choose go to the park from before i dont want "eat ice cream" to be there @_@ im reallie confused on how to do this though could someone explain? im sowwies ^^; im so noobie im green =_=

what i tried doing was doing something like this

"Eat Ice Cream" if have_park:

but an error message tells me that park is undefined so maybe thats what i need to do? course i dont kno how to do that either! ^^; gomene!
Thankies for taking to the time to see though!
:hugs:

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#2 Post by Kikered »

It sounds like you haven't assigned an initial value to have_park yet. To fix this, just insert this line somewhere in your code prior to that menu (preferrably as close to the beginning of the script as you can):

Code: Select all

$ have_park = false
Hopefully, that should work. Just remember to set the variable to true in the branch where the player chooses to go to the park.
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

rune

#3 Post by rune »

*squeal* gaaaaH it worked! :glomp:
thank you very much! i was ready to pull out my hair!
XD XD XD life saver! Thankyou to a million!!!!