[WIP] Twelfth Honor Deed (+demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

[WIP] Twelfth Honor Deed (+demo)

#1 Post by killdream »

General
Genre: Visual Novel (AVG) / RPG
Rating: 15+
Stay tunned at our blog for updates and such (I still have to do a website for the game, tho).

Screenshots
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Synopsis
What if you're trapped into an insane game. A battle royale where only the last one will survive. A game where everyone will kill everyone in order to return home.

Will you fight all alone? Try to find allies that won't stab you in the back (litterally)? And more importantly, will you be able to keep your sanity?

This is the premise of Twelfth Honor Deed (a.k.a 12:12), a Visual Novel with RPG elements. The main character finds himself trapped into a insane game called Twelfth Honor Deed.

The rules are pretty simple: Kill everyone else if you want to return home.

Staff
Programmer, Colorist: killdream
Scenario Writer, Composer: Ryuno
2D/3D Artist, Character Designer: Kyuu~
Editor: Kalanos
Proof-reader: We're _really_ looking for one since we're... hm... brazilian =D

Status
First demo is out! No battle sys yet since... hm... battle sprites aren't done yet (we're using prototyping graphics in the battle sys, and we can't release with them, sorry).

Demo Mirrors
Windows
Mac
Linux

(maybe I should attach it here, but that'd take a bit too long, since my internet connection isn't that good .-.)

We still not sure if it'll be commercial or not, I guess it'll depend on the final piece. Either way we're doing our best to make a professional looking VN.

dstarsboy
Veteran

Re: [WIP] Twelfth Honor Deed (+demo)

#2 Post by dstarsboy »

Looks very interesting, I'll give it a try tonight!
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#3 Post by DrakeNavarone »

First off, quite technically impressive. Even the small little nuances like having comments for the save files are things that me going, and the UI stuff looks pretty nice too... though I'm a little curious if you have any plans on changing from the default font... Since the text itself is the one element we'll be looking at the most, for the fully customized effect, you'll definitely have to change the font too ( but you don't have to listen to a thing I say on this, as I haven't really made much effort to customize my own games yet, ahahaha ).

There isn't really too much art either, but what is shown off is actually rather nice. You may wanna defer to someone with better eyes or who actually draws, but I liked it. And for some reason, I just really liked the ED... the OP was decent too. We get hints at a story here, but still not much is covered. Not necessarily bad, but perhaps a little bit disappointing as a rather greedy player... I like to have more when I can take it. Not a terrible premise either, but me and a friend found it similar to Secret Game / Killer Queen which is also a "survival game" scenario with a playing card motif... did it serve as inspiration??

Anyway, it was short but kinda amusing, and I'll keep an eye out for its release. Good luck with this.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

killdream
Veteran

#4 Post by killdream »

Thank you so much ^^
I was thinking about switching the default font as well, but I was thinking about switching it only for character names and such. I found the default font easy to read, so I guess I'll stick with it for the dialogs.

And we should have a lot more of character poses/expressions, but this demo was first made for a college presentation, and we had about a month to do, so some of character poses were cut off (mostly because I was the one done colouring and I still don't have a tablet. I shall buy one soon, though). This is the why this demo is quite short too, there was another route, but since we didn't had the drawings done for it (there's lots of characters in this route), we decided to take it off.

About the OP, we'll probably do something more anime-like. Dunno if it'll be a complete anime OP yet, it'll depend on Kyuu's time (those things take soooo long with just one person doing it, and we still need the battle sprites and other graphics .-.).

Hm, I've never heard about this game, but by what I read in VNDB it seems great (I'm a huge fan of horror, mostly psychologic horror, tho). I dunno if Ryuno took inspiration from the game, but I will ask him tomorrow. ^^

Again, thanks for taking your time to play and comment ^^

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#5 Post by LVUER »

Wow, good! It's also an RPG!
The story reminds me of Battle Royale, perhaps you want to check it out...

Alphonse
Regular

#6 Post by Alphonse »

Ah, looking at these pretty screenshots gives me a feeling of nostalgia for playing Tony Hawk games and, slightly, The World Ends With You.

I also agree with changing the font. It's so...default. I think I got tired of looking at it about five months ago. There are plenty of other fonts.

Okay, time for demo playing!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

It's so cool! I's love to se more! The customizations are awesome too!
But it seems that the story in the demo is still too short, most of 'em are movies, and when I tried to click on the gallery it gave me an error message.
Please finish this game!

killdream
Veteran

#8 Post by killdream »

azureXtwilight wrote:It's so cool! I's love to se more! The customizations are awesome too!
But it seems that the story in the demo is still too short, most of 'em are movies, and when I tried to click on the gallery it gave me an error message.
Please finish this game!
Thank you. I dunno what could have caused the error since it worked just fine on alpha testing. Can you send me the trackback? I'd like to have a look at it ^^

And for the demo... yeah, it's really short 'cuz it was for a college presentation and we had about just a month to work on it ^^'