How do I add music to the main game menu?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Ikka

#1 Post by Ikka »

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

Re: How do I add music to the main game menu?

#2 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

I think you it might help if download some of the games off the ren'py archive that still have the unarchived script. That way you can use them as an example for these questions. Songs of Araiah, Attorney D, and Ren'ai Blogger are all good ones, and and The F#$%ing Question even has a developer version for stealing code from.

As for this question, there's a spot in the default template (at least from the latest version) for the options.rpy file that says

Code: Select all

# config.main_menu_music = "main_menu_theme.ogg"
You just need to delete the "#" and put in the filename for music.
"I know that I have blood on me. I know because I see it here. the things i've done are not to be condoned nor praised."
-Aiya, daughter of Raik II
Castle of Arhannia- slowly progressing. script 60% art 5% music 0% minigame 90%

EvilDragon
Veteran

Re: How do I add music to the main game menu?

#3 Post by EvilDragon »

It would be really nice to use forum search options before posting, you're posting questions that have been already answered at least several times. You also have a wiki, which you HAVE to read through, and some things will make more sense when you do!
Angels of paradise, angels of sacrifice
Please let me be under your wings...