Animes you just can't stand

For the rest of your otaku life.
Suzumiyaandy
Regular

Re: Animes you just can't stand

#61 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

I really couldn't stand Naruto from episode 1, and (since it was based on an anime), the Cutie Honey live action movie was CRAP.

V2Blast
Regular

#62 Post by V2Blast »

Well, Naruto was kind of annoying in the first iteration, but much less so in Naruto: Shippuuden (in my opinion).
Pie is delicious.

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#63 Post by blankd »

RAAAAGE/RANT AHEAD

All of the .hack animes: sign, dusk, that GU based one, the SD spinoff one (see I can't even remember the names).

Story-wise they were WAY too long. I kept waiting and waiting for something to happen.

Animation-wise everyone was on-model for the most part (counting 75%+ here) so many of their scenes were static and close-ups of their eyes/faces for some reason (which begs the question of why they "animated" it).

I also disliked the "character dynamics," not because they weren't diverse or lacked growth (in sign anyway) but because they overflowed with so much petty drama and generally overdone idiocy.

It doesn't help that all of the drama takes place on a game so there's double face-palm there as most of the drama stems from things that wouldn't exist on any commercialized successful online game (which, in-canon it's supposed to be). ie: someone is harassing me (why not use the block feature?), someone has hacked their account so that they can PK me anywhere! (report to admin?) a magical virus IS SENDING PEOPLE INTO COMAS (quit...?), I can't log out! (well that sounds like you got the fun end of the stick then).

The latter two could be somehow construed as being good points for the drama they are stirring but really....really in this day and age? It almost gives the impression that the creators honestly think that the net is the devil's box.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#64 Post by LVUER »

That because dot hack is a slow-paced anime with lots of drama and generic character. All of them are just normal human in real world. Everybody could become a hero or something, though only in cyber-world. But in real life, they're back being a sucker.

Me too, doesn't really like the anime, but the game... I luv them ^_^

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#65 Post by Wintermoon »

blankd wrote:All of the .hack animes: sign, dusk, that GU based one, the SD spinoff one (see I can't even remember the names).
And yet, you are familiar with all of them. I stopped watching after the first one, and I didn't even really dislike it.

There are tons of anime that I don't particularly care for, but only one that's bad enough that I feel the need to publicly rip on it: Neon Genesis Evangelion. The beginning was bad, but with some potential for becoming interesting later. The middle was worse, but since I was already into the series, I figured I might as well watch it all the way to the conclusion. The less is said about the end, the better.

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#66 Post by blankd »

Wintermoon wrote:
blankd wrote:All of the .hack animes: sign, dusk, that GU based one, the SD spinoff one (see I can't even remember the names).
And yet, you are familiar with all of them. I stopped watching after the first one, and I didn't even really dislike it.
-Dusk came with the game, watched one episode then stopped watching.
-Sign was on TV, friend recommended it and assured me the character growth would balance out the boring. It didn't.
-SD spinoff, I didn't even make it through half of the episode.
-GU based, gritted through one episode because it was claimed to be "important to the plot of the GU games", then quit when it was very clear it was going the way of sign.

My ranting was drawn from sign and the parallels presented in all of the subsequent snippets I saw of the other series. And like the reasons you stated this isn't the only series I dislike, but this is one of the few series I feel the need to publicly rip on because they keep making money off of it but even worse, MORE of it.

Now as to why I keep circling back to the series it's because I actually enjoy playing the games. :\

Endless

#67 Post by Endless »

I cannot say much for animes that I considder bad, but I can mention a few things that I hate about animes.
First and foremost, fillers absolutely disgust me. Sure, I can handle it if they have long, connected and good plotlines that do not spoil the original story in the anime (I am not sure, not having seen it all, but the Bount story in Bleach is said to be one like that), but come on? Let us take the ever pressent and always horrible filler period in Naruto. Personally, I watched only the first episode of that period, until it became apparent that it was filler. After that, I checked back roughly once a year to see if they were back on story (which they never were) until Shippuden was released. But from what I have heard, not only did it have almost no plotline whatsoever, it also spoiled quite alot of the characters growth that was something to look forward to for when naruto returned after his training with Ero-Sennin. Of course, Naruto is the extreme example, but all in all, I hate fillers.

Secondly, endings in animes that either make no sense or hint at the fact that there is more to come, but that 'more' part never shows up really piss me off. The king of these examples are Berserk. I really, really love the story in Berserk, and I do continue to follow the progress of the manga, but the ending of the anime frustrated me to the point that I almost climbed on the walls. I was just so horribly annoyed at it, nothing seemed to have been solved, and there were countless of plotlines still hanging loose. In the end, I gritted my teeth and bought the mangas instead, which turned out to be alot better.

And well, that should be it for me. I have never really seen an anime that I did not like, simply due to the fact that I stop watching within a few episodes if I find the anime to be horrible.

tigerkidde
Regular
Projects: Summer Tales of Katt and June

#68 Post by tigerkidde »

I can't pinpoint a specific name at this time.

Anime flooded with squeaky annoying "iku iku" girl. (Tonagure)

Filler episodes and summary episodes mixed in with new content... or summary episodes that take an episode and a half to finish (I'm looking at you Kare Kano!)

Fight anime where characters are about to have an epic confrontation and before they do they go into a flashback mode for the rest of the episode ("I can't fight just yet, I need to fix my sandals!" "Is this gonna take the whole episode?" "Yes. But don't worry, we'll fight two weeks from now in the next episode.") ...especially when after the flashback, you still don't care about the character. Or fight anime that start to involve too many characters in combat and some of them never get better, but are present to buy the show some time til' the end of season.

Boob thrashing and implants on the house complex. The former when a character is walking, moving, fighting, or performing the slightest action, their breasts will look like they're pulling high speed Ping Pong with themselves. Even at the Eye Catch when the picture is still, the breasts still want to dance. And the latter when every female, ages 10 and up have apples stuffed in their blouses and nobody, save the lolita, is spared from this syndrome.

Most anime in Japanese is plagued by the squeeky iku-iku voice syndrome. And that's why I thank the anime gods for voices like Fumiko Orikasa (Rukia), Megumi Hayashibara (Megumi in Cheeky Angel, Ranma), Satsuki Yukino (Chidori in FMP), Maaya Sakamoto (Ouran Host Club), and ... eergh, I can't remember the other girl, but she played Angelina in Langrisser 4.

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#69 Post by Freelancer »

azureXtwilight wrote:Especially for the "cuts her belly to see is there any baby inside". Right?
Reading from the topic starter to this post and nothing else. Not even thinking up my answer for this topic I have to comment on this.
I accidentally came across that part of that show. I had not seen or heard of that anime before, nor did I even see that entire last episode. Just from when that guy (For gods sake I don't even know any of the characters names!)
comes home and the girl with the long black hair kills him with that butcher knife and cuts off his head, to the end where she was on a boat cradling said head. (this includes the scene described in the comment) And I don't speak Japanese so I had know Idea what was going on.
I watched it 3 or 4 more times (For morbid reasons even I don't understand) then decided to watch the series. I got as far as halfway through the 1st episode (That's all I could find) and was as surprised as when I saw that clip. Completely different from what I expected.
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#70 Post by Freelancer »

Okay I just thought of some anime I don't like
As usual anime with alot of filler (DBZ,FMA,Inuyasha to name...3)
There is also one that as soon as I realized what was going on I screamed and turned of my T.V.
I can't remember anything about it but I remember how I felt about it. I seem to have blocked it out of my memory.
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

V2Blast
Regular

#71 Post by V2Blast »

Endless wrote:I cannot say much for animes that I considder bad, but I can mention a few things that I hate about animes.
First and foremost, fillers absolutely disgust me. Sure, I can handle it if they have long, connected and good plotlines that do not spoil the original story in the anime (I am not sure, not having seen it all, but the Bount story in Bleach is said to be one like that), but come on? Let us take the ever pressent and always horrible filler period in Naruto. Personally, I watched only the first episode of that period, until it became apparent that it was filler. After that, I checked back roughly once a year to see if they were back on story (which they never were) until Shippuden was released. But from what I have heard, not only did it have almost no plotline whatsoever, it also spoiled quite alot of the characters growth that was something to look forward to for when naruto returned after his training with Ero-Sennin. Of course, Naruto is the extreme example, but all in all, I hate fillers.
[...]
And well, that should be it for me. I have never really seen an anime that I did not like, simply due to the fact that I stop watching within a few episodes if I find the anime to be horrible.
Yep, I liked the Bount story in Bleach, as well as the Amagai Shusuke arc. And I basically got up to the filler part of Naruto (I had started watching a few weeks earlier, so I wasn't caught up) about 10 episodes into the filler (130s? 160s? *shurgs*) when Shippuden started, so I listened to what people recommended and just skipped the rest of the filler. Then Shippuden was good. And yeah, I pretty much don't continue watching something I can't stand.
tigerkidde wrote:Boob thrashing and implants on the house complex. The former when a character is walking, moving, fighting, or performing the slightest action, their breasts will look like they're pulling high speed Ping Pong with themselves. Even at the Eye Catch when the picture is still, the breasts still want to dance. And the latter when every female, ages 10 and up have apples stuffed in their blouses and nobody, save the lolita, is spared from this syndrome.

Most anime in Japanese is plagued by the squeeky iku-iku voice syndrome. And that's why I thank the anime gods for voices like Fumiko Orikasa (Rukia), Megumi Hayashibara (Megumi in Cheeky Angel, Ranma), Satsuki Yukino (Chidori in FMP), Maaya Sakamoto (Ouran Host Club), and ... eergh, I can't remember the other girl, but she played Angelina in Langrisser 4.
Also known as Gainaxing. *kills self in shame for linking to TVTropes* Oh, and I agree with you about the whole squeaky-voiced women in anime thing.
Pie is delicious.

guillx

#72 Post by guillx »

Buso renkin.

And I don't understand anyone who doesn't like ghost in the shell, it's awsome.
Gen'sou Shrine artist and story co-creator

Aang
Regular
Projects: Gen'sou shrine

#73 Post by Aang »

neko wrote:Fate/stay night. I saw it just to say "It's shit, and yes, I saw it from beginning to end".
Fate/stay night is awesome. How can you not like it?

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#74 Post by LVUER »

Gen'sou wrote:
neko wrote:Fate/stay night. I saw it just to say "It's shit, and yes, I saw it from beginning to end".
Fate/stay night is awesome. How can you not like it?
Perhaps they mean the anime that is s***, not the VN/original work.

Aang
Regular
Projects: Gen'sou shrine

#75 Post by Aang »

The anime is awesome.