Think the first part of Jane Eyre meets the Salem Witch Trials … only ignore the part where the Witch Trials took place about 200 years before the events in Jane Eyre and apparently charity schools didn't really come into fashion until like the 1700s at the earliest. To any and all history buffs out there, I apologize. It pains me too. Just not enough to keep me from writing it
Chapter 2 is done! Featuring actually visible buttons and a new font Play it here
Chapter 3! If the plot were a roller coaster, we'd be reaching the end of that first climb...but you can see that for yourself
The first route is totally playable as a kinetic novel!
Eventually I want the story to branch, but for now I will be publishing chapter-by-chapter as a kinetic novel on Cloudnovel. Once it can be played all the way through, I’ll re-evaluate and decide whether I will be publishing more routes. The script for the kinetic version is 100% complete, and I am making the other resources as I go along.
- What sort of tone does the background music create? How could the novel’s soundscape be improved?
- Writing style – is it too formal/long winded? How well/poorly do you think it interacts with the art? How could it improve?
- Do you forsee any problems with this story as a kinetic novel?
- Is there a direction that you hope the plotline will take? I won’t be changing the current plot but it would be pretty awesome to hear peoples’ thoughts on how it could branch later
- Any general pros/cons, comments or questions!