Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo.
Message
Author
User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#1 Post by vchan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:40 pm

.jhlk
Last edited by vchan on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 13 times in total.

User avatar
sunasrose
Regular
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:26 pm
Projects: Garden of Seif; Old Lucid9 Creative
Organization: Foxdrift Studios
Deviantart: sunasrose
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#2 Post by sunasrose » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Ooooh, this looks fun. I love historical fictions. Mob and hitmen? Yes!!
Z is my favorite; I love his art. And he's a hitman and I find that very hot, hahaha. I'm a huge fan of things being story driven with strong characters & character arcs. As far as there being only a few choices, this can be a hit or miss for some people. For me, as long as the story is well sewn together and I'm engaged then I don't care about the choices very much.
Foxdrift Studios' Boss Lady. https://twitter.com/sunasrose22

User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#3 Post by vchan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:35 am

sunasrose wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:32 pm
Ooooh, this looks fun. I love historical fictions. Mob and hitmen? Yes!!
Z is my favorite; I love his art. And he's a hitman and I find that very hot, hahaha. I'm a huge fan of things being story driven with strong characters & character arcs. As far as there being only a few choices, this can be a hit or miss for some people. For me, as long as the story is well sewn together and I'm engaged then I don't care about the choices very much.
Thanks for the input!! :D It's set in modern time by the way.
Last edited by vchan on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#4 Post by vchan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:30 am

More GUI related progress coming along nicely :3 Everything you are seeing is subjected to change upon final demo. Still looking for a BG artist willing to join our project long term!!
Image

You can choose between a red textbox which is default or a black textbox if you think the red looks too busy.
Image
Image

User avatar
sunasrose
Regular
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:26 pm
Projects: Garden of Seif; Old Lucid9 Creative
Organization: Foxdrift Studios
Deviantart: sunasrose
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#5 Post by sunasrose » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:03 pm

vchan wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:35 am
sunasrose wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:32 pm
Ooooh, this looks fun. I love historical fictions. Mob and hitmen? Yes!!
Z is my favorite; I love his art. And he's a hitman and I find that very hot, hahaha. I'm a huge fan of things being story driven with strong characters & character arcs. As far as there being only a few choices, this can be a hit or miss for some people. For me, as long as the story is well sewn together and I'm engaged then I don't care about the choices very much.
Thanks for the input!! :D It's set in modern time by the way.
Whoops! I missed that part. Well, regardless, I like the historical feel to it :lol: :lol: Best of luck!
Foxdrift Studios' Boss Lady. https://twitter.com/sunasrose22

User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#6 Post by vchan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Our first track titled "Daydream".

https://soundcloud.com/kissthief/daydream

User avatar
RocketAdriftGames
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 am
Completed: Order a Pizza: A Visual Novel
Projects: Untitled Project
itch: rocketadrift
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#7 Post by RocketAdriftGames » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:14 pm

vchan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 pm
Our first track titled "Daydream".

https://soundcloud.com/kissthief/daydream
A lovely piano piece!

User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#8 Post by vchan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:13 pm

RocketAdriftGames wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:14 pm
vchan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 pm
Our first track titled "Daydream".

https://soundcloud.com/kissthief/daydream
A lovely piano piece!
Thanks! Glad to hear someone likes the track.

Also here are some sketches of the masks for our main cast.
Image Image

Image Image
Last edited by vchan on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RocketAdriftGames
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:24 am
Completed: Order a Pizza: A Visual Novel
Projects: Untitled Project
itch: rocketadrift
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#9 Post by RocketAdriftGames » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Can't wait to see the finished art on those masks. This is a masquerade I'll definitely be attending!

torvuus
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#10 Post by torvuus » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:21 pm

nice project, interesting to read

User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#11 Post by vchan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:30 am

torvuus wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:21 pm
nice project, interesting to read
Glad you're interested in reading the story!

User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#12 Post by vchan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Hurray! Here are the colored sketches of the masks. (Look forward to fully shaded/finalized mask version in game). Good news is that we’ve found background artist(s) to speed up the game/demo process. We are now a full working team ^ ^
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
mjinx
Regular
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:51 pm
Projects: I-DUEL: A Battle for Stardom!
Organization: Jinxiee Games
itch: jinxieegames
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#13 Post by mjinx » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Oh wow, this game's premise is very interesting! And I really like the masks, so elegant and classy~

Off to my answers then:

(1) - A very pretty-looking game! It has a curious plot, some gorgeous boys and a protagonist who looked like she won't be the common copy-and-paste otome doormat mc. Fiery girls for the win!

(2) - For the love interests, Z is my current fave. His design tugs the heart plus I like the bodyguard-loves-master trope.

(3) - Ah, I like vns with more dynamic choices that actually felt like the player has a say to everything that might or might not happen. I'm okay with few choices still, as long as the story is interesting enough to keep me playing!

(4) - I really like the red UI, hehe~

Good luck on your project~!
Image

User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#14 Post by vchan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:24 am

mjinx wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 pm
Oh wow, this game's premise is very interesting! And I really like the masks, so elegant and classy~

Off to my answers then:

(1) - A very pretty-looking game! It has a curious plot, some gorgeous boys and a protagonist who looked like she won't be the common copy-and-paste otome doormat mc. Fiery girls for the win!

(2) - For the love interests, Z is my current fave. His design tugs the heart plus I like the bodyguard-loves-master trope.

(3) - Ah, I like vns with more dynamic choices that actually felt like the player has a say to everything that might or might not happen. I'm okay with few choices still, as long as the story is interesting enough to keep me playing!

(4) - I really like the red UI, hehe~

Good luck on your project~!
Thanks for the awesome feedback!! Yes the protagonist will definitely have a lot of character. She will develop in each route well, along with our main bachelors. Z seems to be everyone's favorite so far. We might consider adding more choices if it feels like the game is lacking :)

User avatar
vchan
Regular
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Kiss Thief [GxB] [Romance] [Drama]

#15 Post by vchan » Fri May 17, 2019 2:19 pm

^ ^ Things have been moving along slowly. Common route script done around 10k words. The common route still needs a little editing. Everyone got kinda busy but we managed to write about 10k words into Bane's route, approximately 20k more or so more words to go before moving on to Earl's route. The GUI has been in great progress in terms of programming and seeing it come into place on ren'py. More modifications still need to be done. (1 Background has been finished lol. Hoping to post it with a batch in the upcoming months.) Hoping an update a few months down the road will lead to more progress.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Macros