Artificial (wip) looking for a team.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

Artificial (wip) looking for a team.

#1 Post by Dragonstar89 »

Hello Lemma boards! My name is Jake, a long time Renpy user. I've played around with the engine for years, and am now finally starting my official first-project with it. At the moment, I'm handling pre-production matters; I'm writing the overview, the episodes/chapter scripts (finished 0, almost done with episode 1, estimated 8 episodes), messing around with some freely-provided forum frameworks for an Overworld, battle, equipment, and more.

The project:
"Artificial" (not official title) is, at its core, a dungeon crawling RPG with some rogue-like elements. The player plays a character they name (a mid-20's male) who ends up saving the world. (I'm trying to be brief as to not expose all of the finer details, but share just enough). The game takes place in one major metropolis with a sort of cyberpunk vibe. The game is sectored off into different maps for each area of each sector of the city. Certain areas end up slightly altered to become the next main dungeon. The game will be very story-heavy, including a fair amount of world-building through NPCs and exploration, and a good amount of world lore application.

I'm currently the only one working on this project. I'm handling the story and direction of the game. I will also be handling the majority of the programming, including the map drawing, objects, battle schema, etc.

While I don't have a whole bunch to offer in lieu of progress, I am focusing solely on getting the story done, followed by side-stories and researching more frameworks and techniques to use in the development of the game. I have the overworld engine working with custom sprites and tilesets, etc., and have a fairly-long technical and overview document with the game flow plans, world context, tech overview and more. My most concerning role to fill (in the near future) would be art.

Looking for:
-Sprite Artist: I will need a dedicated Sprite artist. As the project proceeds throughout the years, this position may turn into Art Director, while another artist will be needed to assist. Due to the sheer size of the estimated final publication, I will need a couple of artists in various sectors to handle main characters (including different expressions and possibly outfits) and NPC/side characters. This position is the second most important to fill when the time comes. The design the project is looking for is anime with a touch of realistic representation, and a slightly gritty-overlay to all the characters.

-Pixel Artist: Again, I will be looking for at least two pixel artists. This is definitely the most important artist position for me, as the world and much of what the player will see will be 2d pixel art; from the maps/objects/buildings, to the character world sprites. For the overworld style, I'm interested in something like https://pixanna.nl/products/futuristic-tiles/. I'm still not 100% on the design of the character world sprites, but I will come to it.

I will also be looking for a background artist, as there will be multiple CG's, items, and backgrounds used in scenes. Of course, in the future I may expand the team to get some assistant programmers, music composers, and UI/Menu designers.

In summary,
I want to assemble a team of willing people looking to be part of a large, indie-project. Right now, I'm not actively employing help or looking to purchase commissions, etc. I'm currently trying to find people interested in these positions so I can learn more about them and discuss the project. I know this is in the free projects, but depending on the workload and the final product, this will more than likely become a commercial project, which means I will be completely open to discussing revenue sharing, and even flat-out payments if the situation calls for it. Again: I'm looking for those who may be interested. I can't share the complete details here, but would love to talk with you!
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)

StarKid413
Completed: Nothing yet lmao but...just you wait, just you waaaaiiittt
Projects: DnD Visual Novel Campaign
Tumblr: starkid413.tumblr.com

Re: Artificial (wip) looking for a team.

#2 Post by StarKid413 »

woah you had me at RPG
if you're still looking for peeps lemme know, ill help out however i can

i got a wacom, fire alpacha and oodles of time so if you need a penner, im your tenner

Kalydos

#3 Post by Kalydos »

hey! I'm super interested in this I would love to show you what (little) I've done working in a team on games (only 2 so far). I'd be willing to be a pixel artist and sprite artist you can contact me super fast on discord at kalydos#0726 just let me know who it is :)

Lemonade Truffled
Completed: Proxy Colony

#4 Post by Lemonade Truffled »

Hello there! I'm interested in this project and would love to discuss it with you (if you're still open to that, of course)! I'm interested in the idea of being a Sprite Artist! I'm primarily an anime artist but with a bit of western realism mixed into my style.
Here's my portfolio so you can see if you'd be interested in further discussion with me: https://billtaime.pb.online/

Dragonstar89
Regular
Projects: TBA
Organization: Self
IRC Nick: dstar89
Deviantart: senpai-jake

#5 Post by Dragonstar89 »

Bumping this thread as the project is always alive, just slowly progressing. I've been busy with work and some writer's block so I'm still stuck on writing episode 2. Should be done in about a month or so in time, as episodes 0 and 1 are complete. I have one person on board sketching up some concept designs for characters.

The same positions are open. I'm currently in a stage, development wise, of still deciding for the best engine to use. Ren'py is simple and I'm familiar with it, but I might be deciding to go with something else as more extensive ideas and publishing endeavors are made apparent.

Current status: Pre-production/concept stage

Open team positions: Sprite Artist (Character Portraits), Pixel Artist + Animator (Character models), Tileset Artist, C# Programmer

As it stands, anyone with experience in these roles is welcome. The art style we're going for is specific, so while I appreciate the great submissions I've received, we are looking for anime/psuedo relaistic human look. World art style was referenced in the OP. If you'd like to join the team, please DM me! I'm not the fastest at responses, but I will get around to answer. As per the usual, I have to say this is a "free but shared profit" project, but that only stands for now, until I get my finances for the project going smoothly. That means I will need to end up with a team of dedicated creators to make the story a reality.

Thanks for your time everyone! :)
Beginning pre-production work on a project in Renpy. After being away for 5 years, it's time to get back in the game 8)