"Pet" project (Needs lots of help, come sign up!)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
deerchan
Regular
Projects: Secrets, hoho >3

Re: "Pet" project (Needs lots of help, come sign up!)

#166 Post by deerchan »

mugenjohncel wrote:Hmm... is the Dog taken... please give me until Friday to decide...

I really badly wanted to do a dog!

Also, can it be bittersweet and maybe mild violence if possible/allowed?...

"POOF" (Disappears)
The dog is taken, but last time I checked we still have the guine pig and hampster open. Oh, and maybe more if others don't show up to be part of the project soon. (I haven't seen the rat or rabbit people lately... D: )
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
The Pet Project is up and running! Come join us!
We still need a background artist, coders, writers and demo testers.

I can be flat out stupid sometimes. Specially in forums. Please bare with me.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#167 Post by Showsni »

Is there any reason two people couldn't do dogs? Especially different breeds... Pet shops usually have a variety of each animal, after all.

deerchan
Regular

#168 Post by deerchan »

Showsni wrote:Is there any reason two people couldn't do dogs? Especially different breeds... Pet shops usually have a variety of each animal, after all.
This is a multi- animal game, not a multi-breed game. Also, they're humans with animal features- breed won't matter or even noticeable.

However we do need help with a TON of other things such as backgrounds, coding and music. Please, if anyone's interested in helping us with those, we need you!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#169 Post by LVUER »

Showsni wrote:Is there any reason two people couldn't do dogs? Especially different breeds... Pet shops usually have a variety of each animal, after all.
Just like deerchan said, this is basically a VN with choice to variety of animals (unlike Cute and Fluffy project which basically a compilation of several VN). So it would be strange if there are two dogs but only one of each other pet.
mugenjohncel wrote:Hmm... is the Dog taken... please give me until Friday to decide...

I really badly wanted to do a dog!

Also, can it be bittersweet and maybe mild violence if possible/allowed?...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Huaaaayyy ^_^ Mugenjohncel is interested in this project, I'm so happy!

Sorry, the dog is already taken... but you are free to choose other pets that haven't been taken yet, or you could just pick your own pet of choice (as long as it's commonly pet-able, so don't choose shark, man-eater tiger, or cockroach)...

And while bittersweet ending is alright as one of the endings (I think, I have to ask deerchan first), no violence. This is a happy, cute, heart-warming story. Well, just a little smack or comedy like Love Hina is alright I think, but not like dark noir-humor or those like Tom and Jerry's violence (again, please ask deerchan for final clarification).

And I've been wanting to ask this for so long... would you please make the BG, since you are interested in the project? Please? Your BG is the best ^_^/b
Your BG (if you willing to make it) will be used in all pet/story-branch, since this is basically a single VN. The location is the same, so only a relatively small amount of BG needed.

lunasspecto
Regular
Location: USA: New York City (school) and Massachusetts (home)

#170 Post by lunasspecto »

I thought I made it clear in another post a while ago that I had decided to leave the project, but some folks seem to think I'm still involved. I'm not, just to let you know. It's not that I have anything against the project, it's just that my story ideas veered off in another direction.

Peace,
Kazuki Mishima
from the virtual desk of Kazuki Mishima

maufii
Regular
Projects: Diggin Deep(IP) and Dream Walker(IP)

#171 Post by maufii »

If you want anymore help, I could write a story. Any animal is fine, but these are what I prefer if any are still open: rabbit, rat, fish, or cat.

Also, could I add my own artwork to the story?

maufii
Regular

#172 Post by maufii »

Sorry for double posting but I came up with a concept sketch for a mouse boy... Is anyone doing the mouse yet? >.<

Today's the day you get your first pet. Someone knocks on your door and you nearly run to answer it in anticipation. But when you do no one's there. The only thing there is the large box full of forced poked holes sitting on your porch. You look around to make sure the delivery man isn't playing pranks on you again and then you open the box effortlessly. But when you get to the actual contents you begin to scream in horror. The contents of the box is not the pet mouse you were looking forward to, but instead someone's naked dead corpse mailed to your front door. Soon after the person inside the box lets out a deeply suppressed yawn and only then do you stop shrieking in fear. Instead your very aware of how handsome... and how naked this boy inside the box is. Also that's when you realize that not only his he naked and handsome... but he also has a pair of inhuman ears and a tail. In fact, this is the pet mouse you were waiting for all this time.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#173 Post by LVUER »

Sorry, maufii. But it seems that we are concentrating in making the girls counterpart first. After all girls are done, then perhaps we are considering making the boys counterpart. (Have to ask deerchan to know for sure, but that's what she said last time).

And the mouse-girl has been taken by Shadow Wolfwind.

Perhaps you could pick another girl-animals? BTW, so far this is a list of animals that have been taken:
-Cat
-Dog
-Rabbit
-Ferret
-Mouse
-Hedgehog
-Snake
-Fish
-Fox
-Frog

maufii
Regular

#174 Post by maufii »

LVUER wrote:Sorry, maufii. But it seems that we are concentrating in making the girls counterpart first. After all girls are done, then perhaps we are considering making the boys counterpart. (Have to ask deerchan to know for sure, but that's what she said last time).

Awww... okay. But you guys better do the boy counter parts after the girls or I'm gonna be sad. D :
Can I do a red panda then? : D

ebonyskies
Regular
Projects: Visit to Nowhere (WIP) and Pet Project--Cat Girl

#175 Post by ebonyskies »

I'd assume the boy version coming about would rely on the success of the girl version and the willingness of people to contribute to the boy version. :) So as long as this project stays strong, you shouldn't have to worry much.
Currently in the pre-production stages of creating the VN Visit to Nowhere, a moderately dark modern fairytale. In progress thread will be created once out of the pre-production phase. =D

Plotting: 25%
Concept art: 80%
Demo: 50%

deerchan
Regular

#176 Post by deerchan »

Thanks again for helping so much LUVER x3; I've been really busy hehe...

It would be AMAZING if you could do the BGs, Mugenjohncel. I've played your games before, they're wonderful, the art is so pro. Please if you have some spare time it'd be amazing if you could make them, I can give you a list of what we need, it's not too much I think.

Ah people, please read the previous posts before jumping into a project xD; I'm sorry your cute picture was wasted! I've never heard of any kind of panda as a pet O___O;

Yeah, the idea is that after we finish the girl part, if it does well we can make a special edition with boy counterparts, an extra choice (human) and maybe some mini-games!

If anyone is willing to be commited to their work on this game and can handle a little restriction to their stories then please join us, even though we pretty much have all of the spots filled out. We DO need a music artist and some coders, though, if you're either of those we need you as well!

maufii
Regular

#177 Post by maufii »

this is a picture of a red panda. It's not really a panda that's just what it be called. >.<;; And actually yes, I have seen pictures of them as pets! lol! xD Sorry, I guess I should go back and read the rest of the posts before jumping in. >.<;;

deerchan
Regular

#178 Post by deerchan »

They're not very common though. :< It's a cute idea but no cigar. (Also aren't those endangered?) Maybe in the second game you can have a choice of exotic animals as well as normal ones.

But I thought of some other common pets (Although not so fuzzy and cute):

Iguana
Bird (Is avaliable again)
Hermit Crab
Turtle
Chinchilla (Well I guess that's fuzzy)

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#179 Post by Showsni »

If you want a list of pets, there's one on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet
There's a distinction between animals that have been domesticated and kept as pets, and wild animals kept as pets; although people keep things like fish, snakes, lizards, frogs, chipmunks, tortoises, etc. they're technically still wild animals, whereas things like rabbits, cats, dogs, goats, sheep, ducks, parrots etc. have been domesticated.

Do all these pets have the same origin, or could they have slightly different ones? (Like, the scientist who created them used different methods for each one...)

Ellie
Regular

#180 Post by Ellie »

May I sign up to write a story for a hermit crab? (are you still taking sign ups?)
Because singing is fun:
Snow Storm (English)

Fandubbing can also be fun:
Shugo Chara Clip